39 members have voted

1. 1.

• Schindler's List
    • ET

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schindler's list is the best score and film of all time in my book (although it's curious, SL doesn't need the music to still be bloody brilliant, but it helps a lot).

The point is to keep the score competitions going and seeing as both these scores are amoung peoples favourite scores...

Both are moving films and scores. But E.T. gets the nod in my book. Schindler's is more mature and very, very deep... but E.T. is magical and touching.

Can't complain really... both are ****/**** movies, and the scores too. :mrgreen:

That's unfair! They are both wonderful! I can't choose one! :)

Aghem, who finally chose E.T. (today I like it more, tomorrow it will be Schindler's List! :mrgreen: )

Still a slaughter. Not surprised. True greatness is showing in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

I think pitting these scores against each other is odd. But it is an interesting competition.

I'm picking ET based solely on the final 18 minutes and what the music AND visuals do to me emotionally. bawling Plus, the 1:45 before that is pretty moving itself.

Schindler's List does the same, but the music doesn't service the film in the exact same way.

Let's see.

E.T. has Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye.

Schindler's List does not.

My vote goes for E.T.

Yes, but actually it's the last 24 minutes, because that would include Searching (superb), Losing, Dying and Alive (heartwrenching/heartwarming), and then Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye (The Best Piece of Music Ever IMO) and also include the End Credits (with that piano).

Lets see.

Immolation, Remembrances, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Stolen Memories, Making the List and Give Me Your Names.

Et does not.

Schindler's List.... no other score brings you to tears as frequently and as intensely.

No score brings me to tears.

However, some give me goosebumps.

I just prefer E.T. to Schindler's List.

I have always thought Schindler's to be brilliant and sad, but somewhat overrated. It is more politically correct to like the film than, than on its own merits. Perhaps I don't see it as great as everyone else because I saw Night and Fog and Triumph of the Wills as a teenager. While those were documentaries, or propaganda, they conveived a horror of the war that Schindler's lacked for me. I guess I am saying none of the horror of the war in Schindler's affected me as strongly because of those 2 films, and others I had watched.

Still it is a brave film, with imagery to shatter the mind. I just wished it hadn't tinkered with history quite so much.

Don't bring the overrated film into this :( And I don't see how the score is politically correct.

Schindler is the best thing Williams has done since E.T., but E.T. is quite simply one of the greatest film scores ever written. It is the pinnacle of Williams' charmed career.

Lets see.

Immolation, Remembrances, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Stolen Memories, Making the List and Give Me Your Names.

Et does not.

Oh, yes. And don't forget Schindler's Workforce. And the best: I Could Have Done More. I have to agree with Morn (as I always do).

Definitely, SCHINDLER'S LIST.

I'm sorry, but how on earth are you supposed to choose between the two. They don't compare........ It makes no sense at all, but since I had to, I voted SL. I don't know, whichever one I choose, the other is dissed.

I think both scores are masterpieces, but voted for ET because it is a better overall score and movie.

Mari

If you can't compare these scores, you can't compare anything.

Well I can see how it is difficult to compare a score about the Halocaust to a score about a friendly, misundrestood alien, who touches our hearts.

If you can't compare these scores, you can't compare anything.

Well I can see how it is difficult to compare a score about the Halocaust to a score about a friendly, misundrestood alien, who touches our hearts.

Both movies are movies that touch the heart, you see, they are extremely comparible. They are both trying to achieve the same thing.

Schindler's List does not touch my heart.

It appalls my sense of how the world should be.

It is a great film, and a great score, but in the order of things it will never reach the heights that E.T. does, both film and score. Of course this is just my personal opinion, but that is the one thing we all have in abundance here.

Figo, what is the problem?

I guess I just enjoy beating up on muppets half my age. :dontgetit:

Figo, probing the psychological depths.