Favourite Star Wars scene?

quaver

I'm sorry if anyone has already posted this! I just really wanted to know what scenes people love.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoda raising the x-wing out of the swamp...the music is so powerful and we really have a notion of tthe power of the force.

The final duel between vader and luke is a close second, mostly due to the music.

Yoda raising the x-wing out of the swamp...the music is so powerful and we really have a notion of tthe power of the force.

The final duel between vader and luke is a close second, mostly due to the music.

Agreed. The binary sunset scene is also pretty good.

But my favorite of all time will always be the Tusken Raider butchery in AOTC. The look on Anakin's face (his only hint of emotion, kudos to Christensen), the music, the whole idea . . . . .My favorite scene of all time without a doubt. The podrace is a close second.

-ROSS, typing from a free-Internet stand in front of a beach

Hmm, I will have to go with Dooku vs. Yoda as my favorite scene because I really think that Yoda stole the show :cool:. Then Hoth, Asteroid Field, and Death Star II battle. Surprisingly enough, my favorite and least favorite scenes were both in Ep II. LOL

Gee, I would have expected a few more responses, but there is only one.

The binary sunset is a great scene in Star Wars, I agree with guest.

I like Ben's death scene and the tie fighter battle sequence right after that.

that and the awarding of medals at the end.

Star Wars is one of the true greats of the 1970's.

Definitly the*best* scene to me is the Redemption of Vader. To me, that scene sums up the whole Star Wars series.

And dare I say it without getting flamed, but I also liked a scene from AOTC, which by the way I thought to be a great film. I liked the confession scene, where for the first time, we start to get overt hints at the "dark side" of one Anakin Skywalker.

that and the awarding of medals at the end.

That always seemed like some weird Olympic Victory ceremony.

"and now accepting the Gold Medal in the 100 meter dash ..... HERE IS Luke Skywalker of Tatooine!!!!!" :angry:

Definitly the*best* scene to me is the Redemption of Vader.  To me, that scene sums up the whole Star Wars series.

funny how I always thought that sequence was so phoney. Its kinda like A. Hitler and J. Stalin, turning out to be good guys after all. I didn't buy it.

He was evil to the core and Lucas took the easy route which he does more and more, and made Vader good, how sweet. It was so syrupy and saccahrin. Thank goodness they handed out insulin shots and the end of the movie.

Now I would have ended it with Luke cutting off Vader's arm and then being attacked by the Emperor. A vision of Obi-Wan and Yoda would appear that only Luke could see. They instruct his to use his light saber, which he summon, not to his hands but twirling through the air to decapitate the emperor. Feeling victorious, he fails to notice Vader who attempts to strike Luke down. He misses only taking Lukes arm off. Luke rolls to the floor and pushes Vader with the force over the rim into the massive pit below. Then Luke must escape the death Star II before it explodes. With the evil tandem dead, the empire is doomed. Let the victory commence.

Imagine how that would have played before an audience. In Jedi you could see Vader killing the emperor, coming a mile away. It was so telegraphed. My version is more dark, but far more truthful. How can one of the destroyers of an entire planet find redemption? He can't and he shouldn't.

This is the hardest question! Every scene in all the movies are my favourites! :( I could start on a list of my favourite favourites, but that would just go on for ever and be totally pointless. So, yep, I love them all!

CYPHER - oooh colour....

This is the hardest question! Every scene in all the movies are my favourites! :( I could start on a list of my favourite favourites, but that would just go on for ever and be totally pointless. So, yep, I love them all!

So you like every scene in TPM? eek2

Justin - "Peeewsa!" ;)

I agree, Merkel, that scene is so uplifting.

If I were to decide based solely on visuals, the various battles on Geonosis in AOTC would be it, but of course we know the music is problematic at this point in the film and elsewhere.

I would have to say based on visuals and the accompanying score that it would be the sequence in TESB leading from Vader's revelation to Luke all the way to the Millennium Falcon finally making the lightspeed jump. The music is tracked and mixed so well and really gives the sequence an operatic feeling.

[Now I would have ended it with Luke cutting off Vader's arm and then being attacked by the Emperor.  A vision of Obi-Wan and Yoda would appear that only Luke could see.  They instruct his to use his light saber, which he summon, not to his hands but twirling through the air to decapitate the emperor.   Feeling victorious, he fails to notice Vader who attempts to strike Luke down.  He misses only taking Lukes arm off.  Luke rolls to the floor and pushes Vader with the force over the rim into the massive pit below.  Then Luke must escape the death Star II before it explodes.  With the evil tandem dead, the empire is doomed.  Let the victory commence.  

Imagine how that would have played before an audience.  In Jedi you could see Vader killing the emperor, coming a mile away.  It was so telegraphed.  My version is more dark, but far more truthful.  How can  one of the destroyers of an entire planet find redemption?  He can't and he shouldn't.

Tarkin Destroyed Alderaan. Vader only didn't cared. It was even Tarkin's idea. Vader despissed the Death Star. Anakin overtake Vader and for that, he is redeemed. He eliminated his dark side. Saving ALL the other planets of the Galaxy, because luke would have died, and Palpatine and the emperor would have survided to make another Death Star to punish the rebels and his allied planets.

About your ending for ROJ.... how you dare to say George Lucas writes bad scripts?!?! :music:

It is one of the best and dramatic moments of the saga.

About the best scene in SW, well until EpIII i will not choose one :)

Sorry Luke, Darth Vader is just as guilty as Tarkin. He did nothing to prevent it, so he is guilty by association then. He is not exhonerated. He is beyond redemption. He is evil incarnate. He must pay the ultimate price.

Good post.... :music:

I tried to go deep on this one, but the only one that came to mind is the one that (still) gives me goosebumps every time: the Falcon's escape from the Death Star in ROJ. The engulfing flames....the bursting TIE fighters....the fire creeping ahead of them....and then the great explosion and expulsion, Lando's victory whoop, and the final end of the final Death Star. Coupled with the music, this scene rocks. (This is the one I was really dying for when the SW Anthology came out in '93, and I listened to it over and over the first night I got it.)

- Uni

He did nothing to prevent it, so he is guilty by [dis]association then

Doesn't Arkansas have a good samaritan law? That explains your response... ;)

Out here on the Left Coast, especially places like L.A. (Litigious America), you're liable by association.

BigJohn

Probably the first duel between Luke and Darth Vader in "The Empire Strikes Back", largely thanks to John Williams music but also the excitement of the sequence as a whole - that moment is the war at it`s darkest.

Sorry Luke, Darth Vader is just as guilty as Tarkin.  He did nothing to prevent it, so he is guilty by association then.  He is not exhonerated.  He is beyond redemption.  He is evil incarnate.  He must pay the ultimate price.

How will paying the ultimate price bring the planet back? All you achieve is another murder. And besides, he converted to the light side, it's as if he started believeing in jesus and therefore is excused.

Sorry Luke, Darth Vader is just as guilty as Tarkin.  He did nothing to prevent it, so he is guilty by association then.  He is not exhonerated.  He is beyond redemption.  He is evil incarnate.  He must pay the ultimate price.

Exactly!! That always pissed me off. Lucas tried to redeem Vader and the friggin guy murdered millions if not billions of people. That would be like saying you could redeem Hitler. Vader should have stayed evil and Luke should have killed him. ;)

If he is no longer evil, what is the point in punishing him?

Exactly!! That is why Vader should have stayed with the dark side. He got all "mushy" in his final moments. Thats not how a Dark Lord of the Sith goes out! ;)

It wouldn't work with a dark ending because he is Luke's father and the main character of the first 3 movies.

Vader is NOT the main character of the first 3 movies! He has like 10 minutes of screen time in ANH and not that much more in both ESB and ROTJ. Luke was, is and ALWAYS will be the main character of the SW films. Hold your head high Luke! We all look to you! :)

Luke Skywalker is more guilty than Vader. He did the same. He killed a lot of people aboard the Death Star. :)

i repeat:

Vader saved the galaxy with the thing he did. If not Luke would be dead, the emperor and Vader would have escaped from the Doomed Death Star II, and make another Death Star III, IV or as many as they wanted, and the new order would have last forever.

Destroying Alderaan WAS Grand Moff Tarkin's idea, and Vader only didnt do anything to prevent it. but with his redeption, he saved the galaxy, and then far more people that the ones that died on Alderaan.

Exactly!! That always pissed me off. Lucas tried to redeem Vader and the friggin guy murdered millions if not billions of people. That would be like saying you could redeem Hitler. Vader should have stayed evil and Luke should have killed him.  :)

:roll:

Justin - :)

This isn't to do with music right? I'd have to say the Yavin 4 battle, although that Yoda scene rocked too!

The lightsaber duel in the Empire Strikes Back, followed by the lightsaber duel in Return of the Jedi, followed by Yoda using the Force lifting Luke's X Wing.

I still stick by my claim of liking every scene in every one of the Star Wars movies! Sure it's a bit of a cop-out, because some scenes are better than others and some are worse than others (notably in the prequels, but not exclusive to them). It's just too hard to decide and I don't need that kind of stess. So, yeah I love every Star Wars scene, because well, it's Star Wars and it just makes me feel great. And besides some of the scenes in the prequels are definitely up there, especially the duel between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul, the chase through Coruscant, and Anakin's confession.

CYPHER

TPM: The Lightsaber duel . (especially the part where Obi and Maul are fighting in close-up and then the camera pans to a wide shot as they move away from each other....)

AOTC: The Arena Sequence with Anakin/Padme.

ANH: the whole movie.

ESB: The Luke Father clash near the end, and the Snow Fight.

ROTJ: Battle of Endor.