Tonight Show Appearance

JMan

Great! Has Williams ever been performing his music on a show like this before?

I don't believe so. Though Debney was on The Tonight Show (and the Today Show), playing a piece from The Passion. And Leno was surprisingly enthusiastic about it.

Williams performed Schindler's List with Perlman on Regis and Kathy Lee.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone can download from Torrent sites

K.M.

What I mean is that, it's easy for somebody to download the Torrent, then edit it from 16:9 HDTV into a downloadable format here at JWFAN.net. You know, a DIVX 8O The difference between a recorded 4:3 NTSC feed and the 16:9 HD version of the Tonight Show is like night and day!!! I mean Johnny in high definition, that doesn't happen often !! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from attending the taping of this show. I sat in the fifth row up from the stage. I was about 15 feet away from the musical performer's area, so I was pretty satisfied with my seat. You might spot me in the audience - I'm in a bright green tank top.

As was expected, the musical guests got the short shrift. Jay Leno spent too long talking to a busty commercial model/wannabe wrestler, so the show ended immediately after the musical performance (no interview or banter). Of course, the performance was sublime - Sayuri's Theme was performed, with John Williams providing accompaniment on piano. This piece is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Yo-Yo Ma is absolutely enthralling live, although I must confess that my gaze was fixed mostly on JW. I have a feeling that most of the camera shots were of Yo-Yo Ma, though.

The funniest part was right after the taping ended, when the other guests walked over to meet John Williams and Yo-Yo Ma. JW made a beeline to the model, and he gave her a huge hug. His eyes and mouth were open so wide I could practically see the back of his head. :shakehead: I had a good laugh at that. If you're in the States, you might also want to keep an eye out for tonight's promos- they're pretty funny. JW of course had his arm around the model the whole time. LOL

No pictures of course; cameras are banned from the studio. I'll try to find a torrent for the show tonight, for those not in the States.

Did Leno make any mention on how great JW is or was it just"oh,and here's our musical guest,some John Williams,from what I'm told he scores films..."

K.M.

Yup, Yo-Yo Ma was really the focus of the show, and it seemed as if JW was there merely to provide support. Jay talked for a bit about Yo-Yo's 15 Grammys, and then briefly mentioned that JW won 5 Oscars before the performance. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

I hooted and hollered for JW though, and he saw me giving him a standing ovation. :shakehead:

Thanks for the info about the show! Now I can calm down a little bit about what to expect. I'm not going to watch from the beginning (mainly because I don't like Leno, or his show in general), so I'll tune in just enough time to watch Johnny.

Tim

I wish I could record this in HD on my D-VHS recorder, but unfortunately my local NBC station (WPTZ) will only be on in HD this fall.

Well,now Leno mentionned how cool Yo Yo Ma,after half pronouncing Williams name :shakehead:

"And Yo Yo Ma will be on later,with John Willia...how cool is Yo Yo Ma bla bla.."

K.M.

Ford is pretty boring in interviews.He's looking old too.

Is Bradshaw drunk or high?

Tim

He shouldn't mix booze with his antidepressants.

oh here's the girl with the big boobs stealing Williams interview time.

K.M.

I don't know how Melisande sat through this . . . I can barely watch this thing on TV, let alone sit there live listening to some nut and a pair of tits ham it up before the chin . . . bring on Williams already!

Aw man....why does my mom have to be a Leno fan.

Does your mom find it at all strange that you're waiting up to see a 74 year old man play the piano? LOL

Tim

No I actually turned my mom into a John Williams fan. And its not just a 74 year old man playing the piano...its a 74 year old man AND an i dont know how old man playing the cello! LOL

I don't know how Melisande sat through this . . . I can barely watch this thing on TV, let alone sit there live listening to some nut and a pair of tits ham it up before the chin . . . bring on Williams already!

The security guard caught me checking my watch during the Bradshaw/model segment, and frowned at me, haha. I was checking to see how much time there would be left for Williams... :(

Wow! I didn't realize it would be such a unique arrangement. Now I wish I had tried to record the audio. If we're gonna have a high-quality video of it soon, we should be able to have some decent audio too, right?

Oh man, I cracked up when I saw John's face light up when he saw that chick! :(

I caught it by accident on my Mini-dish and recorded it on DVD and Hi-Fi stereo VHS. Cool surprise! Sheesh... wrestler/model Candice Michelle toward over ol' Johnny! LOL!

The security guard caught me checking my watch during the Bradshaw/model segment, and frowned at me, haha. I was checking to see how much time there would be left for Williams... :(

Well, you're braver than I. I at least had to get up a few times and away from all that until Yo-Yo Ma and John came on. Thanks for dropping in and letting us know how it went and for the updates.

Loved the performance. It was interesting to see Yo-Yo Ma in action. Again, I look forward to anyone who uploads this (and a well-deserved thanks goes to that person).

it was quite good. i smell another sig edition heehee. but i think the cello was too loud (miked too loud). i wanted to hear more piano lol.

Oh man, I cracked up when I saw John's face light up when he saw that chick!  :(

It was even stranger how happy she was to see him!

Tim

well he did write music to star wars. and ij. so enough said. i'd be happy. jw was prolly too shy to see her before the show;p.

Oh man, I cracked up when I saw John's face light up when he saw that chick!  :(

Haha, I had no idea that actually made it into the show. I was seriously cracking up when I saw that. LOL

I can't wait until this show airs on the West Coast. Thank God for TiVo- I don't need to see any more Leno than necessary.