My Sweet 16

JWfangirl1992

Okay for my sweet sixteen I want John Williams to perform with the New York Philharmonic (haha I wish). No, just kidding. I am making my playlist for my DJ for my party and I need to show my Williams pride by throwing some pieces into the mix.

The only two John Williams songs that I have are:

Across the Stars and For Always for the dance

and Cantina Band for when the food and drinks are being served (cliche isnt it?)

I also have "Moonlight Serenade" for the Father daughter dance. Can you guys give me some good Williams songs or some good instrumental songs I can throw in?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Love Theme from Superman" would be great, and maybe also "Luke and Leia."

"Swing Swing Swing" would be cool, but perhaps a bit outdated. :)

I would hardly say that big band is outdated...

And, well, I don't want to correct you, but those aren't songs... If you want songs, "Moonlight", "My Innamorata", "Make me Rainbows"... those might end up being a nice selection of romantic Williams songs.

I don't think there's an awful lot of Williams music that's fit for a party. Perhaps the best thing you could do is play the recent live version of Muse's Knights of Cydonia, which starts with the CE3K motif on e-guitar.

As much as I love film music, that's the last thing I'm playing at a party.

Unless it's a gathering of film score fans.

Agreed. Otherwise it would be kind of . . . weird.

But if that's what you want then by all means go for it.

Okay for my sweet thirty-eighth I want Weird Al' Yankovic to perform with the London Symphony Orchestra (haha I wish). No, just kidding. I am making my playlist for my DJ for my party and I need to show my Yankovic pride by throwing some pieces into the mix.

The only two Al Yankovic songs that I have are:

The Saga Begins and Fat for the dance

and Eat It for when the food and drinks are being served (cliche isnt it?)

I also have "Dance little Bird" for the horndog dance. Can you guys give me some good Yankovic songs or some good instrumental songs I can throw in?

I'm surprised that nobody recommended Luthor's Luau. :D

Funnily enough that came to mind as I was reading the posts! :)

And I agree Swing, Swing, Swing sounds like an excellent choice...if Moonlight Serenade is ok then I'm sure this isn't too outdated at all, unless there's another Moonlight Serenade besides the Glenn Miller one I'm not aware of. ;)

Also, why not some of the celebratory music from the SW scores....perhaps the Ewok song, or......Lapti Nek!

...or not... :P

As much as I love film music, that's the last thing I'm playing at a party.

Well throwing two or three Williams tracks (when that is the music you really like) amongst the whole lot mainstream music is fair.

I would choose cues from scores that people can't recognize. Some of the ones you already listed were good choices. If you or any of your friends were jazz lovers I would just play all his 60's music.