Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indy4

The Office (US Version)

247 posts in this topic

One of my favorite recent bits of 30 Rock dialogue:

"Don't you know you're not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition at?!?"

I watched one opening after it won all of those awards, and I don't think I laughed once.

I don't find half the sitcoms made over here funny. Depends what style of comedy you find funny really.

I was really surprised that Pam left with Michael last week. I am glad 5 seasons in they are shaking things up

I was really surprised that Pam left with Michael last week. I am glad 5 seasons in they are shaking things up

It's a bit sudden, but I want to see how it plays out.

Should be funny seeing him fall on his face trying to build his own startup.

Taping "Michael Scott Paper Company" to the Dunder Mifflin form was great.

Did anyone else think the end of the latest episode with Michael and Pam walking down the street was a nod to the ending to The Graduate? It felt that way to me.

I didn't really like that ending...it seemed a bit too bizarre to me. They seem to be trying to bring back some of Pam's dreams into the show, which I like, but I thought it was pretty ridiculous for her to actually leave with Michael with that 0% chance of success.

I liked the message it was conveying (Pam's dream & all), but I agree that it wasn't very realistic.

It may not have been very realistic, but I thought it was a nice cathartic moment, sort of like her ember-walk in season 3. I'm hoping this twist keeps the show going in a good direction.

We don't seem to see eye to eye very often with this show. :) If I'm not bitching about something, you are. :lol:

Two good episodes tonight. Loved the new opening for the second episode

I liked the second a lot, the first was pretty good I thought. Park and Recreation was pretty boring.

The latest Office was great! I'm so happy to know that Michael will be back at the helm of the Scranton branch, and it'll be interesting to see how Pam is a saleswoman. And Ryan's is hilarious in his arrogance, glad he's back. It was great to see Michael in action, actually being smart (with both the negotiations and the "fishing pole vs fish").

The latest Office was great! I'm so happy to know that Michael will be back at the helm of the Scranton branch, and it'll be interesting to see how Pam is a saleswoman. And Ryan's is hilarious in his arrogance, glad he's back. It was great to see Michael in action, actually being smart (with both the negotiations and the "fishing pole vs fish").

Yes the second half of this season has been really good

Yes the second half of this season has been really good

I quite enjoyed the Jim/Dwight/Charles detective exchange this week

I thought that was one of the less funny bits, actually. Charles is too smart to be distracted by Dwight getting distracted.

I did love Jim making the kissy face to the camera.

Definitely one of my favorites of this not-terribly-funny season. (I really liked "Stress Relief," too.) The tension was built really well, and it was funny seeing Charles doing the same butt-kissing behaviors that work so well on him. And, of course, I'm glad to have everyone back in...well, the office! ;)

Yup, this latest episode was definitely one of the best of the season. It was almost epic, in a way, with the confrontation between the two competing companies. And I loved Michael showing some serious bargaining power....it's those rare moments when he displays an unexpected prowess or competence that make his character ultimately more endearing then annoying. I really enjoyed this recent plot of the off-shoot paper company, so I hope that continues as things get back to normal.

I thought it was one of the best episodes ever...I'm still surprised that they managed to pull off Michael being good at what he does. We might have assumed it for a while, but the last couple of episodes really did a good job of convincing me that he really can be that good, without it seeming like a Deus Ex Machina.

Great finale!!

Holly really is Michael's soul mate! They should just make her a regular and figure out a reason for her to move to Scranton

Jim and Pam being preggers was so cute!!!

Agreed. The last two episodes were quite bad, IMO, but this one was back up to par. I agree, the ending was particularly great. I love how Jim and Pam don't even need to say anything, and yet you know exactly what happens.

:D You thought the last 2 episodes were pretty bad? I thought the dance party episode was one of the best they've ever done!

I'm hoping it's better than Season 5, which was easily the worst season thus far.

Nah, season 1's the worst

I didn't much like the starting-own-company subplot. Just didn't seem believable, even within that world.

Just hope they quit when they run out of story ideas. I hate seeing shows die a slow death.

While the first season pales in the comparison to season 2 and 3, I think it contains some truly great moments. Michael's "You'll notice I didn't have anybody be an Arab. I thought things would get too explosive. No pun intended" is among the very best of the entire series. The fifth season seemed to be more sloppily patched together (one episode in particular seemed to completely destroy all the akward pauses, something that is really unique to the show) and as Richuck said less belieavable. I also found some of the ideas to start wearing thin--Jim's pranks on Dwight were less clever. That said, I still really enjoyed the 5th season, I just think it was by far the weakest yet.

I find the show to be too much of the same. A friend told me Jim and Pam are engaged and she's pregnant, so... the show really can't go on for much longer.

Yesterday was awesome. With some family members, I paid a visit to Dunder Mifflin...aka the Chandler Valley Center Studios in Van Nuys, CA. It was my second time going there to take a look at it from the outside, but this time was significantly more eventful. We were standing in front of the hedges outside the parking lot when a black car pulled up behind us on Saticoy Street. The man driving said, "How're you folks doing?", or something to that effect, and after my brain scrambled to put two and two together for a moment, I whispered to my sister, "That's David Wallace!" It was indeed Andy Buckley, the actor who plays him on the show, and he literally talked to us for, like, at least a minute, with his car stopped in the middle of the street. Very, very friendly...it was all small talk about where he grew up, and us being fans of the show, and them just starting the next season, and so forth. He shook our hands through the window and everything! Very surreal.

Then we hung around for a while longer and repeatedly saw Kate Flannery (Meredith) in the distance, talking with people in one of the parking lots. She never came anywhere near us, but a little while later, Leslie David Baker (Stanley) drove out of the lot in his car! He was wearing sunglasses, so it was hard to tell who exactly which one of us he was looking at, but as he pulled out of the gate, he slowed, turned his head in our direction, and said, "How you doin'?" with a smile! It was all very cool. I snuck a few shots here and there, though I didn't get any of Leslie or Andy. We tried to be respectful and not rabid fans or anything...I guess it paid off!

Definitely! I'd like to go back if I get a chance in the fall...I bet they'll still be working on this coming season.

Here's Kate Flannery off in the distance:

09072336.jpg

And a shot of the front, where they had a ladder up in front of the SCRANTON BUSINESS PARK sign. They were putting up some fake plants and stuff, too.

09072331.jpg