Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

crocodile

Batman has also broken his code and killed in movies and people are in denial about those too.

He killed the Joker and a a bunch of his henchmen in Batman, he killed some of the Penguin's thugs in Batman Returns and he killed Two Face in Batman Forever. Oh yeah he also killed Harvey Dent in TDK.

He also killed Ra's Al Ghul (indirectly) and his daughter in the latest film.

Karol

No he's not responsible for either of their deaths Karol, they are responsible for their deaths.

This is probably the best way to introduce a new Batman for the Justice League movie, but I can't help but feel it's too soon. A 2015 release window feels rushed to get the fire kindled for JL but it concerns me that it will make for an inferior product. It makes business sense for Snyder and Goyer to remain in charge of it but they don't inspire much encouragement either. I liked Man of Steel but it had a lot of issues and I've never felt that Snyder was right for Batman.

how do you know they were abandoned, You're too damn smart to be so Goddamned stupid about this. Metropolis is a city of 8 million people, afterall it's really New York.

There is no way a city of 8 million people can be evacuated in a matter of hours, it's a physical impossibility, We saw the Daily Planet evacuate at the last minute and people did get trapped. Other buildings close by were collapsing.

Collateral damage was extensive and we did see them crash through buildings with people still in them.

Yeah, if MOS can have the conclusion it did, then this Superman isn't someone to fuck with at all.

The fallout from MOS doesn't have to involve Batman either. Lex Luther would be the obvious choice instead.

However they might as well let Joseph Gordon-Levitt play Batman. I actually think he'd make a good one.

There's tremendous storytelling potential with either route, actually.

This is probably the best way to introduce a new Batman for the Justice League movie, but I can't help but feel it's too soon. A 2015 release window feels rushed to get the fire kindled for JL but it concerns me that it will make for an inferior product. It makes business sense for Snyder and Goyer to remain in charge of it but they don't inspire much encouragement either. I liked Man of Steel but it had a lot of issues and I've never felt that Snyder was right for Batman.

The Hollywood Reporter says there is a tentative plan for a Flash movie in 2016, and then get Justice League out in 2017.

They're laying the groundwork, and they're not going to jump straight from Batman/Superman to JL.

The Hollywood Reporter says there is a tentative plan for a Flash movie in 2016, and then get Justice League out in 2017.

They're laying the groundwork, and they're not going to jump straight from Batman/Superman to JL.

I don't doubt that, it just seems like one and a half years is pretty short to make a Superman/Batman movie. Especially after Nolan's Batman just ended.

Batman/Superman IS Justice League. Does the general movie going public give a rat's ass about a Flash standalone movie? They all loved Green Lantern so much, and the odds of a Wonder Woman movie being greenlit are slim. Sure, they'll take the Marvel road and give each their own movie, but they're not necessary. Just give us the members of JLA the public knows best.

I predict this movie won't come out until 2016.

Snyder, Goyer, and even Zimmer were mum on sequel hints up until now, so they've been working on this for a while. I'm sure that Snyder and Goyer have an outline, if not a completed draft, done at this point.

Heck, Snyder is doing prep work already (since it's being fast-tracked), which means they pretty much have the main plot beats down at this point. (In addition to exercising the sequel clauses in Cavill, Adams, Fishburne, and Lane's contracts.) I wouldn't be surprised if the production has the new cast members announced in a few months.

This is coming out in 2015. Whether it'll enter the crowded summer season or go for a Harry Potter/Avatar winter holiday spot is up in the air.

Batman/Superman IS Justice League. Does the general movie going public give a rat's ass about a Flash standalone movie? They all loved Green Lantern so much, and the odds of a Wonder Woman movie being greenlit are slim. Sure, they'll take the Marvel road and give each their own movie, but they're not necessary. Just give us the members of JLA the public knows best.

This.

But still, us fans who have invested in Bruce Timm's universe would also like to have a Flash movie or Wonder Woman movie or two.

In the real world Joe. But in the real world there are no Alien Fids that can fly!

what the hell is a Fid?

Stefan has been making a LOT of typos lately, on here and on Facebook. Whatever mobile device he's using is messing him up, and he doesn't bother to ever correct it before submitting.

My phone has been messing me up a lot lately, it's annoying. I thought Swiftkey would have learned my typing better by now..... I try to notice and correct before submitting though, but it's obviously not always possibly/plausible to do so

I've gone back to SwiftKey from Swype. Both have their ups and downs. Typos and post editing after submission are a way of life for me nowadays.

Also, anyone else notice how mobile typing mastery makes you worse than you used to be on an actual physical computer keyboard?

Snyder is co-writing?

anniegoggles_zpsd71467b7.gif

Ooooops!

Snyder is doing the story treatment with Goyer. Goyer is the one who'll be writing the dialogue and such.

It's a bit different. I hope Snyder brings in a better writer to rewrite Goyer's work on the sequel.

I read where there was some speculation that because MOS has "underperformed" and not become the biggest film in WB's history, as some silly execs stated, adding Batman is seen as necessary step to boost box office.

Also found this:

http://news.yahoo.com/dcs-superman-batman-joint-movie-desperation-movie-domination-145515053.html

it does reak of desperation. It might be the only way a modern Superman film will break 300 million on the fly.

Snyder is co-writing?

anniegoggles_zpsd71467b7.gif

Ooooops!

Have faith, my Belgian friend.

Karol

It's Steef who has faith in Snyder. I still have to see the first one.

Is it still playing in Cinema's? Or will you wait for the Blu-ray?

Just checked the website of Kinepolis ... it's still playing. Why am I not going?! What's wrong with me?!

The....one I downloaded.

There are different cuts?

Yes, there are three. First was the theatrical cut, of course, which came out in the winter of 2009. The initial blu ray and DVDs contained only this cut.

Then he released a longer cut to theaters in the summer of 2010. It was 8 minutes longer than the original Theatrical Cut. We even had a whole thread about it:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18654

Finally, when the special edition DVD / blu ray came out in the winter of 2010, it contained the theatrical cut, 8 minute longer theatrical Special Edition Cut, and a 3rd even longer cut - 16 minutes longer this time.

On top of all that, the SE blu ray set has another 68 minutes of deleted scenes that haven't been re-integrated into any of the cuts as a bonus feature on the second disc.

See here: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18654&p=663895

The theatrical cut is 2 hours, 42 minutes.

The theatrical Special Edition Cut is 2 hours, 51 minutes

The home media-only "Collector's Extended Edition" cut is 2 hours, 58 minutes.

I've never seen either of the longer cuts myself.