So Shane Black is directing a Predator sequel...

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Let's hope the makeup and creature effects team from Predators come back for this. ADI didn't have a clue how to handle the Predator designs in their AVP films.

Even Winston understood the Alien design far better in the only film he did them.

10 hours ago, Drax said:

I remember it looked fine in the cinema but the blu-ray took the phrase "good black levels" too far.

I remember the cinema viewing being really disorientingly dark, to the point I questioned whether the cinema had strained the projector lightbulb's life months longer than they are supposed to. They do that to save money, the cheap bastards!

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Do you know how expensive projector bulbs are?

As expensive as ticket prices and popcorn? And they wonder why piracy is such a problem...

Alas, it wasn't the lightbulb in this instance, just an inept director/DI artist/studio executive. How it passed so many layers of approval is baffling (unless it was intentional to hide how cheap the sets/creatures/effects looked when lit properly). 

Quite amusing to watch this BTS video with the DP complaining about how dark the set is. Daniel Pearl is no slouch either; he shot the photographically superb Texas Chainsaw remake years ago. I can only assume they fucked up the film in DI as the trailers looked fine.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

As expensive as ticket prices and popcorn? And they wonder why piracy is such a problem...

Projectors cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and it's not like sticking a new light bulb in there. Not saying it's an excuse, but most theaters are run by teenagers that don't care nor have the knowledge of how to properly maintain the equipment.

Most of the local cinema chains here automated all their projectors years ago, so at least they fork out the cash for someone.

I understand projectors aren't cheap but we're talking about the globes, not the projector. The globes are no doubt expensive but not hundreds of thousands expensive. They'd make enough from one screening of Star Wars to replace one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Danny DeVito one played quite a bit here.

I liked the Jack Black one you posted. I think Matt Damon and John Malcovich did it too.

• 4 weeks later...