Alan Silvestri THE MUMMY RETURNS Intrada 2CD set!

Brundlefly

20 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

There really isn't much wrong with The Mummy. It sounds hotter than the album, but not problematically so. It's more apparent when you compare the new mix with the album cues, obviously. My biggest annoyance may in fact be that Goldsmith's original Sand Volcano is only present in the album mix, which sounds a bit jarring if you put it at the end of the full score instead of the copy paste credits.

That's what bothers me too. Is it really that jarring?

Watched the A Flying Boat section and while the sound doesn't have a very good stereo spread to begin with, the music sounds the same as it does on the boot - the OST certainly seems to sound better. Makes me imagine whether the OST was mastered really well, then whatever was done for the film and long term storage, at least for a number of cues, gave us the more muddy mix.

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

A very brief skim suggests it's My First Bus Ride, followed by material from the finale.

Thanks Richard, so with regard to the finale, I take it that it is material unique to the Intrada release (and the later US recording sessions)?

Do you perhaps have an idea which version of My First Bus Ride is represented?

My First Bus Ride is on the OST, but all the finale stuff is unique to the Intrada release.

I don't know which version it is - I never really worked out what the differences are between the two versions.