Upcoming Films

Quintus

Looks and sounds awful.

This trailer looks and sounds exactly how I expected it to look. Where you expecting a sweeping romantic statement of Arnold's main theme to be blasting out? Bless.

Tbh this teaser has more of a Simon West feel than a Roland Emmerich one. I only really want Zomg EPIIIIIIC popcorn fun from this sort of thing, so I'm good with what I've seen so far. Plus Goldblum's dad looks like he's spent the last twenty years frozen in suspended animation, which is nice.

Legendary musician/composer Herbie Hancock joins the cast of Valerian, Luc Besson's humongous sci-fi project, based on a French comic book series (Valérian and Laureline).

2515782_8160814631_tumbl_zpsn6uoiqlm.jpg

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/herbie-hancock-luc-besson-valerian-1201659899/

Alex

Oh shit, Valerian& Laureline?? I remember reading those!! Sur les terres truquées is awesome.

On December 24, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Drax said:

Why have there been so many reports of film projectors breaking down lately? Never happened back in my day.

When TFA broke down just as the Starkiller was about to go on a killing spree, the cinema assistant said it was literally a disc in a player and that it would take about 5 minutes to reboot the system (it took about 15 mins altogether).

29 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Indeed. What's the point of that?

Because the original is an overrated overpraised mess

Mess?  Memento?

I think you weren't paying close enough attention.  It's very straightforward and easy to follow.

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

When TFA broke down just as the Starkiller was about to go on a killing spree, the cinema assistant said it was literally a disc in a player and that it would take about 5 minutes to reboot the system (it took about 15 mins altogether).

Huh? I've never heard of a movie theater playing a movie off a disc. Maybe they were trying to make it sound like a simple fix. 

On 24/12/2015 at 2:02 PM, Drax said:

Why have there been so many reports of film projectors breaking down lately? Never happened back in my day.

In the olden days of yore being a projectionist was actually something that required some amount of specialized training and skill. These days anyone can do it. Simply click "PLAY" in the software. But I doubt maintenance, upkeep etc are jobs now done by the regular staff.

10 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Yes, and shot both on IMAX 65 mm and on... 65 mm.

Thank god it's something different from we've been getting for the past 9 years.

Karol

Well, the last six of his films (out of nine he's done) were s-f, or contained elements of that genre. The other three films were contemporary noir thrillers. So a WWII film is something new, yeah.

Karol