Second War Horse trailer hits the net (new footage shown, but no real new Williams music)

crocodile

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? The extra couple seconds of music in the trailer is 10 times more interesting than the stuff we've been getting from the Tintin trailers.

Why?

The Tintin stuff doesn't seem to have much life to me. It just seems like JW on autopilot.

OMFG the looped the same passage 5 times It sounds terrible :shakehead:

Yes. Thats what I thought too.

Of course, your average movie goer won't be paying much attention to the music, but... errrghh. I wanted to be impressed by the new footage, but the terrible loops kept distracting me. Still, the new footage is impressive. This looks like a terrific movie.

You know what? The extra couple seconds of music in the trailer is 10 times more interesting than the stuff we've been getting from the Tintin trailers.

Why?

The Tintin stuff doesn't seem to have much life to me. It just seems like JW on autopilot.

Bwahaha.

Well then don't watch the movie and don't buy the album!

http://www.warhorsemovie.com/

Damn, I love these WH trailers.

I really hope the movie's as good as it looks. And I bet it is, since both the book and the play have been wildly popular. So the story's gotta be good at least.

A full-length trailer has been unveiled for War Horse, which is almost the very definition of the term “Oscar bait.” But does the theatrical preview make the film look like a truly stirring and moving period drama that will leave you choked up - or does it come off as the sort of contrived and overly-sentimental artsy project that just makes you roll your eyes instead?

One thing is certain - War Horse will boast some fantastic cinematography - courtesy of multiple Oscar-winner Janusz Kaminski (Schindler’s List, Saving Private Ryan) - and yet another beautiful soundtrack from composer John Williams. Sadly, though, this newest trailer goes overboard on selling the film as a rousing melodrama and will probably leave a lot of viewers unimpressed… even though, for all we know, the final product could end up leaving those same people in tears.

Source: http://screenrant.com/war-horse-movie-trailer-sandy-134618/

Well, we all know that this movie is gonna be at least a little corny. It's a Spielberg movie, after all. Those who are allergic to corny stuff should just stay away, and go see a horror movie, or something. It stands to reason that a movie of this kind will not satisfy every demographic.

I think the film comes off really sentimental in the trailer. I know it is based on a children's book so I guess it carries a sort of innocent message about the power of friendship, even between a boy and a horse. I am interested to see if the sincerity carries throughout the film and will it be convincing or schmaltzy.

Oh and the cinematography looks terrific indeed and the score has such heart to it.

Well, if you are gonna praise Kaminski and JW, I think Spielberg needs to be praised too! I can already tell, the battle scenes are gonna be fantastic.

I am thinking this might be a hybrid of Saving Private Ryan and Empire of the Sun... two of Spielberg's best movies!

No matter what the film is going to be like, I'm really impressed with the cinematography so far.

Spielberg blocks every shot; Kaminski is only concerned about the lighting! ;)

The story is sentimental, no way around it, and no one can pull of sentimatility in such a poignant way as Spielberg. Plus, sentimental movies can be such a great playground for great music, and judging by the music and the absolutely stunning shots in the trailer, we're in for a treat

The story is sentimental, no way around it, and no one can pull of sentimatility in such a poignant way as Spielberg. Plus, sentimental movies can be such a great playground for great music, and judging by the music and the absolutely stunning shots in the trailer, we're in for a treat

Yeap. Well said. :)

From a film perspective, this looks great. Of course it also sounds great from a score perspective, but this trailer doesn't do much to add to that.

Some new scenes in the trailer really give me pleasurable chills.

The soldiers on the horses charging across the woods; the soldiers firing machine guns while the camera pans over them; the horse tearing through the ruins at night, with the fence (?) trailing after it; the one soldier repeating over and over "Be brave. Be brave"... etc. etc.