John Williams is DEAD

JoeinAR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez. I mean really.  

It just shows how many people read the main page. Or know this site at all. When it happens, there'll probably be a tribute banner and countless threads, not just one with a blatantly obvious JW is DEAD title.

Maybe I have a sense of humour...

I thought the same - you really think this is what would happen if he really died? Jeez...

I didn't see you come up with anything this year, Ross.

Better than trying to pretend JW has died for 2 years in a row.

I found the Santaolalla one very funny on the other hand.

The content of the thread wasn't offensive. What's offensive is how unoriginal and tiresome the concept was. This is JWFan on autopilot.

Ross,

I've not done a John Williams has died thread, and I figured mine was far more original than anyone elses John Williams has died thread. I had another April Fools planned, but because I couldn't get the commitment of a few others, I had to cancel, maybe next year.

Thanks to those who did help, we can save it for later.

Besides, who else one this board could have concieved of JW dying in such a fashion,

who else even tried.

I had another April Fools planned, but because I couldn't get the commitment of a few others, I had to cancel, maybe next year.

Shitkickers!

Besides, who else one this board could have concieved of JW dying in such a fashion,  

who else even tried.

Only Nixon...could go to China.

I didn't see you come up with anything this year, Ross.

I'm certainly not an April Fool's/practical jokes fan.

I do appreciate creativity when it's good, though.

This joke is not only in extremely bad taste. It is also totally UNCLEVER in every way. April Fool's jokes are supposed to be outrageously funny and clever, and they're supposed to be innocent at heart. Joking around about death is both offensive AND stupid at the same time.

Thor, the only thing unclever is your name.

April Fools jokes are not supposed to be outrageously funny, what stupid school taught you that.

it was very clever, as who else on this board could have possibly convieved John being impaled on a chicken on a stick, as for innocent, I give you the homage to Jaws(one of the more underappreciated film and score on this board, especially by the newbies) with the discovery of the louisiana license plate. Surely a GOD like yourself could create something better, just appease us oh lord, with your great powers show us how its done.

otherwise here's a

us-quarter.jpg

go call someone who gives a damn.

Thor, the only thing unclever is your name.  .

Well, go blame my parents coz that's my real name. ;)

And even if the body of your text might be "out there" (like all April Fool's jokes should be), the topic header and thematic point-of-departure is not really a good idea.

With "dead", I thought Joe was referring to John's creativity. Thor, you must understand that Joe is the biggest Potter fan alive and we all know that this story has ended for Williams. It's a April Fool's Joke masking his true feelings.

Lock this thread Marc please! It serves no purpose after April Fools day!

Early Morning April 1st -> 12:00 noon

Fool people with April Fools jokes

12:00 noon -> end of the day

Be irritated

April 2nd -> April 1st

Forget about them

:)

Thank god this day only comes once a year. Some people seem to get bent out of shape or can't take a joke anymore.