Just bought Stepmom at HMV for £2

Its always been one of those scores that Ive never considered buying and not seen the film... so saw it today in HMV for £2 and thought why not and bought it!!!

Actually Im liking it so far (listening to it now) -

I also grabbed Jaws Collectors edition for £5 ;)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree entirely about poor old Stepmom. I particularly love the oboe melody in "Taking Pictures", and the French feel of much of the score. In places it could almost be Ravel. Why are people generally so averse to it?

Well... It lacks an action hero, a fantasy world with 1mil creatures and worlds, has no major space battle, no talkin lion or some other shit people here want from every movie Williams scores.

Well... It lacks an action hero, a fantasy world with 1mil creatures and worlds, has no major space battle, no talkin lion or some other shit people here want from every movie Williams scores.

Not all of us. I happen to like Stepmom very much.

I agree entirely about poor old Stepmom. I particularly love the oboe melody in "Taking Pictures", and the French feel of much of the score. In places it could almost be Ravel. Why are people generally so averse to it?

I also adore this score. The guitar player is very a good musician. But the "Frech style" is for me

more like Satie than Ravel in many parts...

Ah, "Stepmom"... A beautiful lyrical and slightly pastoral score, sort of a late 90's pendant piece to "The Accidental Tourist". I am most definitely a fan!

yes theres a sale on at HMV also saw other JW scores too - but I have them - such as Attack of the Clones for £2!

ah crap, wish i was there. then i could get AOTC with normal cover to match up my set. :P

HMV always has a sale on, just nothing I ever want (except a month or so ago, got The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for £5).

The day that the standard price for a CD is no more than £6-7 won't be a day too soon. £16.99 is a joke, especially for scores from 10 years ago (as an extreme example, take a look at this and tell me someone isn't hideously profiteering.

Just back from Virgin Megastore where I got the following CDs for €5.99 each (yes...€6)

1. Far from Heaven - Elmer Bernstein (Varese)

2. Freud - Jerry Goldsmith (Tsunami)

3. Born Free - John Barry (Film Score Monthly)

4. Final Fantasy - Elliot Goldenthal (Sony)

5. The Essential Jerry Goldsmith (Silva)

6. The Essential Bernard Herrmann (Silva)

7. Into The Ferment / The Berserking - James Macmillan (Chandos)

8. Harold in Italy - Berlioz (LSO Live)

9. Other Ways of Speaking - 30 Odd Foot of Grunts (Artemis)

Alas no John Williams in the bargain bin. I did see Horner's THE FORGOTTEN there for €6. The shame!

Hitch, happy with his purchases today.

LOL

:|

4. Final Fantasy - Elliot Goldenthal (Sony)

;)

Tim

But of course, dear Tim. Elly and I goooooo waaaayyyyyyyy back.