If a movie were made of JW's life, who would play him?

Adoy

My choice would be Richard Dreyfuss. He is a brilliant and terribly underused actor who I'm sure could do it. He could also very easily be made to look like our favorite maestro.

And if anyone here says Leonardo DiCaprio...well... :angry::angry:

:) KMZT 105.1 FM

L.A.'s #1 classical music station

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...Dreyfuss and Attenborough (brother of David, by the way, who did lots of great documentaries - most recently Blue Planet) are good choices. Jerry Goldsmith would of course be played by Dustin Hoffmann...

...and Bernard Herrmann (1/2) by Warwick Davies (1). :biglaugh:

Hmm...Dreyfuss and Attenborough are good choices.

What about Captain Stubing? :)

Figo, noticing Gavin McLeod is only two years Williams' senior.

I don't think a biopic of JW's life would be very interesting. There's no scandal, no down period, his success is amazing but wouldn't make a very good story!

Yeah, I guess that would be appropriate, considering they are both rotting corpses.
now now, let's not talk like that about Walter.

There was something rotten about Walter even while he was still alive. LOL

Figo, who actually likes him, in large part because of it.

Yeah, I guess that would be appropriate, considering they are both rotting corpses.
now now, let's not talk like that about Walter.

:) What about North??

Connery, with the ponytail from Medicine Man, but without the beard looks PRECISELY like Goldsmith.

That doesn't count, since he only got that ponytail because he liked Goldsmith's. Hoffmann on the other hand looks like Goldsmith without doing anything special.

Anyway, Goldsmith with a Scottish accent? I don't think that would make a very good biopic. :) Besides, Connery appeared in a number of Goldsmith-scored pictures - he'd have to play himself.

Connery played Spaniards, Irishmen, Englishmen and Russians without ever attempting to hide his accent, and he kicked ass in those roles anyway.

Hoffman may look more like Jerry, but Connery is cool....like Jerry.

Off course any biopic about Goldsmith should be directed by Michael Crichton, and score by Jerry himself.

Stefancos- expecting a cameo for Paul Verhoeven.

While we're on the topic of composer biopics, I thought I would relate my obvious confusion when it was announced a few years back that Sylvester Stallone would be appearing in a film called Copland.

Who would play Leonard Bernstein -- Antonio Banderas?

Of course the filmmakers completely missed it, otherwise they would have put a break between syllables. But, as you know, most people in movies are musical ignoramuses.

Watch for Pierce Brosnan as Jerry Goldsmith.

Seriously, why not Phillip S. Hoffman, he is a good actor. He's red headed like Mr. Williams, and a beard and a shave along the top and he's good to go.

Richard Dryfuss is a terrible choice, Adoy, really, he's already done Mr Hollands Opus, why play another character with similar lines.

What would the movie be about?

John Williams is a secret agent, trying to retrieve stolen music from James Horner (or someone else.) He fights the bad guys with his spiritual gift (Still to be thought of), and eventually reaches the Villian. The rest will the script from one of the Celebrety Deathmatches on this board.

JW will score it. Just think, a John Williams theme! What would that be like?

John Williams is a secret agent, trying to retrieve stolen music from James Horner (or someone else.)  He fights the bad guys with his spiritual gift (Still to be thought of), and eventually reaches the Villian.  The rest will the script from one of the Celebrety Deathmatches on this board.

JW will score it.  Just think, a John Williams theme!  What would that be like?

It's my hero!!!!!! SuperWilliams!!!!! He would say: "Give me back what is morally mine!"

Of course, Williams would compose a Superman-like march.

You be careful among them English....with a name like Eli Lapp.....now there's a guy who could play John Williams....trim the long beard and shave some of the hair off, add a pair of 1970s spectacles and hey presto.

My choice of characters / actors for the roles as film composers should they be made:

1. John Williams - as played by "Eli Lapp" Jan Rubes

2. Bernard Herrmann - as played by Kerry Shale in the 1999 TV Movie "RKO 281" (THE FIRST ACTOR TO PLAY A FILM COMPOSER???)

3. Jerry Goldsmith - as played by William Shatner

4. James Horner - as played by the Blue Fairy from "A.I."

5. Hans Zimmer - as played by Josephine from "Some Like It Hot"

6. Aaron Copland - as played by Sylvester Stallone

Hitch, who can't continue as he feels that this sort of behavior is disgraceful and tactless not to mention futile LOL LOL LOL LOL

2. Bernard Herrmann - as played by Kerry Shale in the 1999 TV Movie "RKO 281" (THE FIRST ACTOR TO PLAY A FILM COMPOSER???)

One of the main characters in Kenneth Branagh's Dead Again, Roman Strauss, is a composer who wrote a film score. A fictional character of course, but better a fictional film composer than none at all. :mrgreen:

It's my hero!!!!!! SuperWilliams!!!!! He would say: "Give me back what is morally mine!"

Actually, he would go like, "yeah, I think thattt . . . .you would need to return what's mine . . . . you see, because there's a certain ammount of my life experience in it anddd . . . I tink that from a moral point of view, it would belong to me."

You know, with that voice and hand movement he uses in the interviews or DVD extras.

-ROSS, very sleepy