Hans Zimmer killed in Non Tragic Accident

JoeinAR

oh dear, actually some composers do die in funny ways. Some famous composer was crushed by a wardrobe.

(actually whilst we were laughing at this little bit of humour in music class a wooden piano keyboard came flying off the wall and nearly killed the music teacher, goodness, that was even funnier and quite scary, hmm maybee that explains the site's malfunctioning as well, oh well , good times.)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats evil humour.  Its wrong to joke about death.

You've never seen any of my movies I take it? :)

I find it disturbing how death can be considered as "funny" by some people when in fact it isn't funny at all.

It is also quite disturbing that moderators let this happen. Apparently, protecting copyright law has become more important than maintaining a decent level of respect for those who passed away and those who are still alive. How come this board is notorious for this kind of stuff more than any other?

Some people have the right sense of humor, and some people have the wrong sense of humor.

I found this funny, and so, I am wrong.

I find it disturbing how death can be considered as "funny" by some people when in fact it isn't funny at all.

It is also quite disturbing that moderators let this happen. Apparently, protecting copyright law has become more important than maintaining a decent level of respect for those who passed away and those who are still alive. How come this board is notorious for this kind of stuff more than any other?

you didn't get Weekend At Bernie's did you, went right over your head.

Because people like Joe are here.

Seriously, as much as I hate to, I agree with every word of this. I respect composers and I don't think it's funny to just randomly announce their death whenever the board gets a bit quiet. I can't wait to see the change of tact when the worst does actually happen.

While the subject of copyright has been raised, here's something I've wondered for a while - how come it's ok for the owner of this site to post a complete video of JW performing for anyone to download, yet it's not ok for a member to post a 30 second audio clip for that same audience? I believe the same copyright laws apply so what's the deal?

(I won't go any further because I think it's already been commented how stringently this rule is applied here)

what a bunch offucking hypocrites, you go see movies where people die all the time, and you cheer when the villian meets his end. Well folks, Zimmer is the villian,

:P

If you don't agree or like it then I would suggest ignoring the post.

11 - Avoid posting VIDEO or MUSIC files and/or promoting pages containing VIDEO or MUSIC files such as MPEG, Windows Media, RealMedia or MP3 unless they are from your own creations or compositions. You may provide links to pages (not direct links to files) that LEGALLY use video or sound clips for promotional purposes (review sites, online stores, mp3.com artists...)

If you look at the front page I believe you'll see Ricard following his own rules.

It looks like some people here have serious problems to distinguish between fiction and reality.

While I agree with Joe that death has become somewhat of an amusement these days in modern media (although I don't particulary like that development) these death-scenes are still ficticious since they happen to characters that don't exist, will never exist and have never existed.

However, as soon as you proclaim Hans Zimmer's or any other real living person's death, no matter in what way, you are crossing a border. And this is not about the right or the wrong sense of humour. If you actually think of a scenario like this in a humorous way, then there is much more wrong with you than only your sense of humour because you are crossing a border: Hey, it is funny to joke about people's death, so why not having a picnick on a graveyard? How about actually killing someone for private amusement? Crossing this border will bring you one more step into this direction and a good reason why ignoring this crap is not an option, not for me and certainly not for moderators!

It looks like some people here have serious problems to distinguish between fiction and reality.

While I agree with Joe that death has become somewhat of an amusement these days in modern media (although I don't particulary like that development) these death-scenes are still ficticious since they happen to characters that don't exist, will never exist and have never existed.  

However, as soon as you proclaim Hans Zimmer's or any other real living person's death, no matter in what way, you are crossing a border. And this is not about the right or the wrong sense of humour. If you actually think of a scenario like this in a humorous way, then there is much more wrong with you than only your sense of humour because you are crossing a border: Hey, it is funny to joke about people's death, so why not having a picnick on a graveyard? How about actually killing someone for private amusement? Crossing this border will bring you one more step into this direction and a good reason why ignoring this crap is not an option, not for me and certainly not for moderators!

Hi, God! I'm glad you checked in here at JWFan. We were trying to figure out if Joe's story was in bad taste. There was much indecision until you informed us that anyone who found it funny is a morbid killer-to-be! I myself didn't know about this apparently arbitrary "border" between humor and death, nor did I realize how simple the progression from writing comically about an imaginary death to committing murder is. Thank you for reminding us that humor should never be controversial. I'll jot that down as an addendum to my list of the Ten Commandments now.

Has it ever come to your mind that good controversial humour, if it is actually made in an intelligent way by really thinking about an issue, does not have to involve real people's death at all?

It is very easy to toss out some provocative crap like that and cloak it as humour but the joy of real satire is much harder to achieve and I am afraid Joe's stuff does not even come close.

Some time ago, I have considered doing a series of filmmusic caricatures for my website. So far I just haven't found the time to do it but there are some delicate issues that I would like to comment on in that way... without killing Hans Zimmer.

Hi, God! I'm glad you checked in here at JWFan. We were trying to figure out if Joe's story was in bad taste. There was much indecision until you informed us that anyone who found it funny is a morbid killer-to-be! I myself didn't know about this apparently arbitrary "border" between humor and death, nor did I realize how simple the progression from writing comically about an imaginary death to committing murder is. Thank you for reminding us that humor should never be controversial. I'll jot that down as an addendum to my list of the Ten Commandments now.

ROTFLMAOROTFLMAO

not terribly inventive or original, its purpose is simple, it will piss people off, make them mad. We will hear how tasteless and unfunny this is, how cruel, and mean, but no more so than that disgusting and ignorant discussion about Zimmer working with Spielberg, God spare us. This board is sufferering, much like Star Trek and Star Wars, can it be saved? Doubtful

this is part of the original post, and as a disclaimer it works well, as a predictor is works even better.

"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative." "Violence." "Force must be applied with out apology." "It's the Starfleet way."

I guess Vosk should be banned now, for promoting violence. :roll:

~Sturgis

In the old days of the board we were much nastier.In fact it's the people that didn't get our sarcasm that got banned.

But I think the music file rule is a bit too stiff.Like when I had to manually give out a link to 50 people of a 20 second NBC olympic bumper I got off public TV and ANYONE could have taped.

k.M.

11 - Avoid posting VIDEO or MUSIC files and/or promoting pages containing VIDEO or MUSIC files such as MPEG, Windows Media, RealMedia or MP3 unless they are from your own creations or compositions. You may provide links to pages (not direct links to files) that LEGALLY use video or sound clips for promotional purposes (review sites, online stores, mp3.com artists...)

Recording a TV show is not your own creation or composition. He is surely breaking his own rule by doing that and if I were to post a clip, it would be instantly removed. (sorry guys, I love tearing copyright rules apart and finding bits that are ludicrous in context :|)

In the old days of the board we were much nastier.In fact it's the people that didn't get our sarcasm that got banned.

But I think the music file rule is a bit too stiff.Like when I had to manually give out a link to 50 people of a 20 second NBC olympic bumper I got off public TV and ANYONE could have taped.

k.M.

Precisely my point.

Forgive me if I seem a little too confrontational here, but is fear of legal action the sole reason for this? If so, I really don't think a 20-second publicly available clip is something executives need to be worrying about...

I don't want to go any further down the 'death' convo, I've made my view known.

• 1 month later...
I've only done one John Williams death post, per se, thats not counting the Celebrity Death Matches, where Jerry Killed John, and Johnny killed John, or was it John who killed Johnny.  Either way I've killed JW 3 times, and in a round about way 4, because I did have him not born in my John Williams take off of Its a Wonderful Life.  Of course I may well be wrong.  And I still say killing John by impaling him on a chicken on a stick was a terrifically original death.

apparently I've killed John a few more times than what I said.

I forgot that Tom Riddle killed John, who was of course me, and Im sure there are others I've forgotten.

whats ironic, is that several people who enjoyed this one, were just appalled at some of my other more inventive posts.