The Omen

JoeinAR

The Omen, starts on 6-6-6, now thats in the US, don't know outside the US, but since those of you outside the US use a different way, here we use M-D-Y, you others use D-M-Y so to help you guys understand, this is how it will look for those outside the US,

6-6-6

;)

Anyway the new domestic trailer is out, and it looks much like the original film.

Not a bad thing

The Omen

the casting of Mia Farrow reaks genius.

good to know they are using Goldsmiths Themes for this film too, since they really can't be topped.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Why do they have to remake old classics when they know these new versions can't bring anything new or better into the stories?

here we use M-D-Y

You people always have to do things your own way, don't you? You can't be like the rest of the world who do it D-M-Y.

Oh yeah sorry I forgot. Money is a very good reason for some.

You people always have to do things your own way, don't you? You can't be like the rest of the world who do it D-M-Y.

I'm sure people were saying much the same things in the late 1700's. "You people always have to do things your own way, don't you? You can't be like the rest of the world and have a king can you?"

I'll put the censored month first because I'm free to do so! ;)

Justin

At least it scales well, unlike the whole fett/inch/yard/mile confusion.

The trailer link above doesn't work for me, all I get is a tiny binary file. So all I can watch is the teaser over at Apple's. Dunno if that's the same.

Anyway, I'm slightly positive about the idea of an Omen remake. I've always said, since I first saw it, that the original movie had a lot of potential but in the end didn't amount to much more than a nice movie. It has a fine story, a great cast, a great score (which I always thought is absolutely fantastic on CD, and absolutely fantastic for the story, but somehow doesn't totally connect with the actual film), a very fine cast, but somehow, it's not all that great. The atmosphere that should be there for some reason hardly is.

So I feel there definitely is room for improvement. That doesn't mean they'll succeed, obviously, but they do have the chance. And with Thewlis and Postlethwaite in it, I can't in good conscience simply ignore it. :eek:

Marian - who'll wait and see.

:eek: Per un pugno di dollari (Ennio Morricone)

It's typical that the leads of this remake are a lot younger then in the original.

Gambon looks like he will make a good Bugenhagen though, and Postlethwaite, Thewlis and Farrow are no lightweights.

I wonder, if this becomes a hit will there be a remake of Damien: Omen II and The Final Conflict? :eek:

I wonder, if this becomes a hit will there be a remake of Damien: Omen II and The Final Conflict? :eek:

Not forgetting Omen IV: The Awakening of course!

Greg - who still wishes to this day that the producers of Omen IV had read Gordon McGill's Omen IV: Armageddon 2000 (and, indeed, Omen V: The Abomination).

ok, the english system is great. inch, foot, yard, mile, better than, millimeter, centimeter, kilometer.

I'd rather drive 500 miles than 804.+ km.

And don't forget OMEN 666 is directed by Irish director John Moore. Have no fear, little one. We are here to protect thee.

Ehh this film didn't need a remake but since they're remaking everything these days might as well do The Omen.

Maybe they'll get lucky and it will be good.