Been spending a lazy bank holiday weekend with the Extended Edition Appemdices and the Chronicles books.

I wonder if they'd ever go back and do those style of books for the Lord of the Rings? I know the LotR's Appendices are quite extensive but is there any really good making if books? Like The Making of Star Wars good?

I believe WETA said they're seriously considering it. I read something about them having another LOTR/Hobbit-themed book in the works after this last Chronicles book, so let's hope for a Chronicles FOTR book.

The Weapons and Warfare book is very interesting, but it could certainly be a lot better.

I believe WETA said they're seriously considering it. I read something about them having another LOTR/Hobbit-themed book in the works after this last Chronicles book, so let's hope for a Chronicles FOTR book.

The Weapons and Warfare book is very interesting, but it could certainly be a lot better.

The Weapons and Warfare book! I must dig that out! I loved it when I got it first in my early teens. It was a great reference book for my Games Workshop miniatures but yeah, I'd be looking for something a bit more substantial.

Great news that they're considering LotR books. The visual guides and stuff that exist simply aren't enough.

I'd love a more chronological look at the films too (The Hobbit EEs did this really well).

The Weapons and Warfare book! I must dig that out! I loved it when I got it first in my early teens. It was a great reference book for my Games Workshop miniatures but yeah, I'd be looking for something a bit more substantial.

Great news that they're considering LotR books. The visual guides and stuff that exist simply aren't enough.

I'd love a more chronological look at the films too (The Hobbit EEs did this really well).

One thing I thought strange about the Hobbit EE Appendices was that they present the material in sort of reverse order, first the shooting, then the research, planning and designing. I think the LotR order of design and prep first and then the next logical stage, the actual shooting second.

One thing I thought strange about the Hobbit EE Appendices was that they present the material in sort of reverse order, first the shooting, then the research, planning and designing. I think the LotR order of design and prep first and then the next logical stage, the actual shooting second.

Yeah, the order is a bit weird for the Hobbit alright. I dunno, I think a mix between both styles would have been best but anyway, these six films still have the best behind the scenes features I've ever seen. I'm surprised it didn't catch on after the success of the LotR.

We've been blind Stefan, and in our blindness Kalaisan has turned to the dark side.

What's going on here?!?

KK! BUSTED!

KK%20Loves%20The%20Hobbit_zpsyeesrojv.jp

You love the Hobbit films!

I liked the page before AUJ's release! That was BEFORE the dark ages...

244900F5-15C8-4CE2-9CC0-85CB9844533C.png

This was not my doing! I was hacked!!

We've been blind Stefan, and in our blindness Kalaisan has turned to the dark side.

NEVER!!!

It is a witch hunt my dear KK. You know how JWFan gets so easily riled up by such tidbits from the internet.

Go back to the abyss! Fall into nothingness that awaits you and your spambot master!

You have no power here, KK TheGreyPilgrim 2.0!

Be at peace...son of Kanadia.

They will look for his coming from the CN Tower. but he will not return...

BLOODBOAL! Do not take me for some conjuror of cheap tricks! I am not on autopilot. I am trying to pay tribute.

I am the servant of the Secret Fire wielder of the Keyboard of Anor! KK is another guy entirely!

KK and Incanus are the same person right? Right?

KK is Incanus....or Incanus as he should have been.

Man, all those Gandalfs look the same to me.

I was thinking the other day....and realised that rabbits are not really well suited to extensive running periods, they have short legs and not very wide nasal cavities. It should have been Roshgobel Hares or Jackrabbits instead as they are the true runners, with long legs and wide nasal cavities.

Rabbits are good for fastly run for cover....

FAIL. :P

More money is more money! They can never get those lost millions back!

But this perhaps explains the lack of games produced of the Hobbit. I wonder why Lego versions were OK.