Micky-Mousing!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom & Jerry music? Is this for real!!?!?!???

Woohooo!

Most exciting release of the year, from a year that gave us Ghostbusters and Universal TV music.

ORDERED!

Love the cover!

Tom&Jerry.jpg

- Rob, going slightly nuts over this

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first Scott Bradley CD?

That's at least what they say in the announcement:

"Incredibly, this is the first-ever album release of his work."

And I guess it won't be the last as the disc description says volume 1! Looks like there will be more.

Remember Lukas Kendall announced another box set release for 2007? I have a hunch that this could be a cartoon music box.

I remember reading somewhere that all Scott Bradley ever wanted was to be taken seriously as an avant-garde composer of so-called 'serious' music. Ironic.

I remember reading somewhere that all Scott Bradley ever wanted was to be taken seriously as an avant-garde composer of so-called 'serious' music. Ironic.

I have no idea what he did outside of MGM cartoons. That said, his music for the cartoons is very sophisticated and effective, and hopefully this CD will increase the appreciation of it.

I like to think that there are unreleased scores out there that are more deserving of one than Tom and Jerry.  :roll:

:roll:

I like to think that there are unreleased scores out there that are more deserving of one than Tom and Jerry.  :roll:

Such as the complete Itchy and Scratchy.

Such as the complete Itchy and Scratchy.

Yees,ESPECIALLY the unreleased cue:John Williams conducts music from Itchy and Scratchy.

K.M.

By the way, anyone who doesn't appreciate this music simply has NO idea about what good music is.

Or maybe they suffer from a lack of humour. I have recently re-watched one of those tom and jerry episodes that is featured on the 2-disc set called "That's My Mommy!" (you know the one with this little duck). It was so hilarious and the music had punchlines throughout the short. This is really cartoon scoring at its best! ;)

If FSM does eventually get around to releasing all of the Tex Avery scores one of my favorites is the "Magical Maestro". Although some might find it politcally incorrect but it's still fun.

He's on Volume III and IV of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD sets.

Now they have Whoopi Goldberg issuing a statement on each DVD, explaining that the Loony Tunes were racially insensitive at times but they are still funny..... :roll:

And there is also a disclaimer on the back of the packing saying these are intended for the adult collector..... :roll:

Because I get so pissed when I watch speedy Gonzalez.... :roll:

It's a cartoon folks, consider when they were made and deal with it. I have yet to come across anyone who was actually offended by these. As a child race issues were the last thing that popped into my mind and even as an adult it doesn't bother me.