I hate Wesley

Carnifex

I watched STTNG again and I saw that creature who calls himself an actor... the show is just perfect without him.

If there is a member here named Wesley I hate him too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated the character in season one.

In later seasons he became a bit less irritating, and I actually think Wil Wheaton, when he got a bit older gave a few good performances.

But the character never really appealed to me.

Even Patrick Stewart was horrible in the pilot.

Indeed. At that stage he was still stuck in the "very loud and ever so slightly angry all the time" theatrical peformance he had been used to for years. Watch him in Excalibur or Dune (84) and it's "Pilot Picard in forest/desert settings". Over the years he chilled out and as a character is someone I would like in real life. Before that it was - "Oh please stop being so theatrical"

I guess even that Janeway character was the same. At first she was "Margaret thatcher", but then chilled out.

P.S : Yeah Wesley was slighty annoying at times. But he got better once they ditched that "chosen one" concept.

I like Picard because he is not like Kirk. He brought so much depth to the show. I liked his attitude towards Wesley before he started to fratenized with that boy wonder.

What annoyed me about TNG was that Picard wasn't often the main character, the rest of the crew was as a whole, and their stories often bored me. The movies rectified that by focusing more on Picard and Data, and to a lesser extent Riker and Troi as a background thread.

The original series got it right by focusing on the "big four", Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Kirk's beloved USS Enterprise.

What annoyed me about TNG was that Picard wasn't often the main character, the rest of the crew was as a whole, and their stories often bored me. The movies rectified that by focusing more on Picard and Data, and to a lesser extent Riker and Troi as a background thread.

The original series got it right by focusing on the "big four", Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Kirk's beloved USS Enterprise.

See, that's one of the things I love about DS9, the huge cast of supporting characters, every one of them interesting and worthy. You could go a whole episode with Sisko only getting one scene and it didn't hurt one bit.

See, that's one of the things I love about DS9, the huge cast of supporting characters, every one of them interesting and worthy. You could go a whole episode with Sisko only getting one scene and it didn't hurt one bit.

DS9 is much bigger than Enterprise, it is natural that DS9 focuses on wider variety of characters. TNG is about the main officers.

Nevertheless I like DS9 as much as TNG and it has wider arcs comparing to the latter.

Oh my god. And that he is now rightfully a full blooded has-been his appeal is not what it was used to be right?. :cool:

No I grew up and got taste... :D

Wow, spookily I've only just started to watch TNG for the first time! Watched a few eps and I can confidently say it's the best Trek I've seen so far (of course, I've only seen VOY at this point so I kinda assumed it would be).

I have a massive crush on Wesley. I like him!

Wow, spookily I've only just started to watch TNG for the first time! Watched a few eps and I can confidently say it's the best Trek I've seen so far

What season are you watching?

Not the first or second, I hope...

Marian - watching DS9 S2.

Because the writing is often apallin, the plots were often the worst examples of sci-fi, in many cases they were just ripping of plots from TOS, the aliens planets feel like they were set onb a sound stage, the music calls unwanted attention to itself and even the acting is a bit iffy.

You really like stories like Justice, and Angel One, do you?

even the acting is a bit iffy.

"A bit"? The acting is lousy, and in the first couple of episodes, even Stewart looks like a total amateur, and a bad one at that. And don't give me any of this "still in his theatre mode" crap, he doesn't come over like he's on a stage, he just seems like he has no grasp on the character at all and no confidence in getting any, either.

Luckily, he quickly improved (the rest of the cast took one or two seasons longer). Sarek features some of the best acting I've seen from him.