Can you whistle Hedwig's Theme perfectly?

Hlao-roo

Can you whistle Hedwig's Theme perfectly?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, can you,

but then I can't whistle well anyways.

but I can whistle it poorly.

Yes, I can whistle Hedwig's theme perfectly, the same with Fawkes's theme and the rest of the Harry Potter themes.

The real trouble I'm having is with the pre-crime motif from Minority Report. It's driving me nuts!

A John Williams theme I am unable to whistle when I want. ROTFLMAO

It feels almost like a handicap. :cry:

Oskar - overreacting

Yeah, I can (now). But some time ago I couldn't, because it's full of sharps and bemols.

I think I can whistle all the Williams themes, with the exception of Minority Report (I need more time), and the Main Theme of Always.

And I'm an expert with Sabrina. Oh, yes!

Yes I can, but it is more difficult than many. And I agree about Minority Report, and the Pre-Crime motif specifically, being very hard.

Ray Barnsbury-who whistles almost continuously ROTFLMAO

I can whistle it, no problem, in fact it's one of my favorites to whistle in the Bank when waiting in the que.

However, the best one is Scherzo for motorcycle and orchestra, try whistling a perfect rendition of that one (with all the runs and embellishments) and see what sort of reaction you get. ROTFLMAO

I can only whistle the main melody, because there far too many notes and instruments going on in that piece that it's impossible for me to capture them with merely a whistle.

And the pre-crim motif is realy hard. Spyders is somewhat dificult also.

I can only whistle the main melody, because there far too many notes and instruments going on in that piece that it's impossible for me to capture them with merely a whistle.

And the pre-crim motif is realy hard. Spyders is somewhat dificult also.

Oh...well...come now, I'm not talking about whistling the entire orchestra score simultaneously (can anyone here really do that? If you can, you should post it on the 'net somewhere.)

Now...maybe some of us whistlers can get together and bring that task to fruition....:D

Now...maybe some of us whistlers can get together and bring that task to fruition....:angry:

I've been wishing for a long time that someone would record orchestral music by an orchestra made up only of whistlers.

Marian - who can only whistle bits of Scherzo for motorcycle and orchestra.

:mrgreen: Henry V (Patrick Doyle)

Beware, one note is a semi-tone lower when played by the french horns than when it is played by the celesta. If you're unaware of that and answered yes, you should double check yourself.

The whistleability of this theme is what makes it one of the best JW themes (IMHO) since the early 1980's.

I bet no one can whistle The Dark Side Beckons from ROTJ.

At least I can't. I can't even hum it. Its elusiveness is what makes it so great.

Marian - who taught Stefan what a counterpoint is. :yellow:

:( Interview with the Vampire (Elliot Goldenthal)

The hardest Williams music to even "hum" in my head is The Dark Side Beckons from ROtJ imo,I haven't mastered that one after about 1000 listens.The corus fits so perfectly with the piece but the alternating tone and emphasis between the chorus and the orchestra that don't even play the same thing makes it most difficult.

K.M.Who hadn't seen Stefancos post.

You all are not telling the truth!

How can you wistle that violin 'work out' stuff?

I voted 'NO' . But I can wistle it - but not perfectly.