Music used in the new Wall-E Trailer?

Quintus

http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/wall...-tlr3_h480p.mov

What is the epic sounding cue used during the second half of the trailer? Is it original to the film itself?

Oh and check out the music towards the end of this alternative trailer for the same movie ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds Williams-esque. It's actually a reminder that Williams really should score one of these Pixar films. They're mostly very good, and they all provide unique opportunities for composers.

Ted

Neat trailers. Though the only music I recognized was The Great Escape. And Mulan perhaps.

Is that the Superman theme he's humming at the very end of the first?

Soundtrack.net says it was:

Brazil (1985): "Central Services / The Office" - Michael Kamen

Oscar and Lucinda (1997) - Thomas Newman

Here is the link if you want to look at it yourself

http://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/?cid=W&mid=29575

That site has a very comprehensive list trailer music.

Colin Thomson

Not a clue, sorry. Doesn't sound like Tom Newman, though.

And the other one was posted before...great to hear those great End Credits used.

That was a cue used in the teaser trailer and not the full one above.

That was a cue used in the teaser trailer and not the full one above.

Oh, ok.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/walle...ler_medium.html

What is the epic sounding cue used during the second half of the trailer? Is it original to the film itself?

Oh and check out the music towards the end of this alternative trailer for the same movie ;)

I KNOW that I've heard that music before, but I can't place it. I'll keep thinking on it though.

Wow, that does look nice. I didn't know the story was going to be on that sort of scale. I thought it was going to be more of a return to bugs life toy story finding nemo sort of preportions. It sort of looks like they are heading in the opposite direction.

Colin Thomson

Looks great, but I would expect as much from Pixar. After the somewhat disappointing Cars (by Pixar standards at least) the studio really returned to their best form with Ratatouille, and this looks to continue the streak.

I love most of Pixar's films, can't wait for this one!

Man, for that second trailer, I recognized the music, but it took like five minutes for me to remember it's from Jaws 2.

Yes

Hilarious. Perhaps I should clarify, though: I find computer animation synthetic and false. That's the bottom line. I prefer cartoons. However, another issue I have with Pixar films is their dull scores (Ratatouille is an exception... sort of). It's not that they're bad; they're just nondescript and unambitious.

Pixar films are good but absolutely not great.

Yes

Hilarious. Perhaps I should clarify, though: I find computer animation synthetic and false. That's the bottom line. I prefer cartoons. However, another issue I have with Pixar films is their dull scores (Ratatouille is an exception... sort of). It's not that they're bad; they're just nondescript and unambitious.

Pixar films are good but absolutely not great.

I am anything but a Randy Newman fan, and have found most of his Pixar scores unmemorable. But Thomas Newman did some really nice work with Nemo, and I love Giacchino's Incredibles and Ratatouille scores.

Colin Thomson

Was it me or did it sound like Wall-E was singing Williams' Superman theme as he went across the screen at the end?

Pixar films are hit or miss with me. I enjoyed Toy Story (who didn't?) and was surprised by the action movie that was The Incredibles. I never saw Monster's Inc. or Cars and didn't care for Bug's Life, Finding Nemo or Ratatouille.

Wall-E is lookin' pretty good so far, although it looks like they're really trying to crank the Cuteness level up to 11. I mean, do you know any girls who don't think Wall-E is the cutest thing ever? I certainly expect to hear squealing girls next to me when viewing this in theaters.

Cars is the only Pixar film that is not good. I personally don't think the others are as perfect as everyone makes them out to be...but they range from good to very, very good.

Cars is the only Pixar film that is not good. I personally don't think the others are as perfect as everyone makes them out to be...but they range from good to very, very good.

Biggest problem with Cars was all the popular songs used as music. Oh, and it was a boring movie.

Though it had one really great quote, something like:

"The only person who could pull that is Big Al"

"But Big Al died ten years ago"

"Than why are you bringing him up?"

Sorry, that just really made me laugh, and I have no idea what the number of years was.

Colin Thomson

"Second-least great"......That reminds me of a Simpsons episode, where Homer becomes a food critic. He gives everything great reviews, except for the pizza he found in the couch, which he gave only 9 thumbs up.

IMO, Cars was lacking the spark the others have. The short before it was far better than anything in the movie (Now THAT had the spark).

The chess game is one of my favorites. Gotta love that smile he gives himself after he switchest the board around without letting himself notice it.

Colin Thomson

Yeah, Gerri's Game is fantastic.

Oh, that short was one of their best. It would have stood out even in front of their best features. And Giacchino obviously had fun with it, too.

It's my favorite Pixar short to date. And I'd love the Giacchino track released.

I found Newman's scores for Toy Story and A Bug's Life to be memorable, fun, and interesting. If you don't find them good as family cartoon comedy scores, then I'm not sure what will satify you.

I can't recall a thing about the Finding Nemo score. I haven't seen the film in a while, so I'm definitely willing to give it another shot, but the first two Randy Newman entries have some absolutely wondeful music. Pretty much all of the opening music, the cue for the toys coming to life, the parachuting scene, the escape from Sid's house, Buzz's flight (beautiful), all are great, as are the songs. A Bug's Life has some fantastic material as well (even if one of the themes bears a pretty close resemblance to a theme from Mask of the Phantasm)--it's hard to point out specifics without rambling on, but the main titles, the "Red Alert" cue, the jazzy material from "Flik Machine" and "The City," "Dot's Rescue," the terrific (unreleased, I believe--I don't own the CD yet, sadly) "Building the Bird," and the climactic and finale music are fine cues also, and "The Time of Your Life" is another enjoyable song. I don't really find anything to dislike, unless you don't care for enthusiastic, fun, robust orchestral music.

I can't recall a thing about the Finding Nemo score. I haven't seen the film in a while, so I'm definitely willing to give it another shot, but the first two Randy Newman entries have some absolutely wondeful music. Pretty much all of the opening music, the cue for the toys coming to life, the parachuting scene, the escape from Sid's house, Buzz's flight (beautiful), all are great, as are the songs. A Bug's Life has some fantastic material as well (even if one of the themes bears a pretty close resemblance to a theme from Mask of the Phantasm)--it's hard to point out specifics without rambling on, but the main titles, the "Red Alert" cue, the jazzy material from "Flik Machine" and "The City," "Dot's Rescue," the terrific (unreleased, I believe--I don't own the CD yet, sadly) "Building the Bird," and the climactic and finale music are fine cues also, and "The Time of Your Life" is another enjoyable song. I don't really find anything to dislike, unless you don't care for enthusiastic, fun, robust orchestral music.

I can't really judge those soundtracks, because I don't have them. I do think I liked some of the things from A Bug's Life. Mostly it is Randy Newman's Monsters Inc. and Cars that I didn't like of his. Although I have to admit I did enjoy Monsters Inc's Wouldn't Have Nothin' song, especially with John Goodman and Billy Crystal singing it. It just seems Randy Newman's sound has begun to wear out with some of his recent Pixar movies.

Colin Thomson

I don't own the soundtracks either (yet). Yeah, "If I Didn't Have You" is very good, as is the instrumental main title rendition. I would go along with you that the more recent Randy Newman scores aren't as solid--at least at first listen. I would highly recommend watching Toy Story again and checking out the music--and really A Bug's Life, too. Good stuff.

And I think I need to go watch Finding Nemo again... :lol:

So the music's from Jaws 2? Anybody have the particular track(Please!). The cd is is over $85 on amazon.

i.m.o Pixar have done no wrong they have gone slightly off course once or twice (A Bug's life, Cars) neither are bad per say it's just that they are not up to their usual high standard. I'm a big Pixar fan as far as i'm concerned they can do no wrong.

It's not from Jaws 2, but a group called Two Steps From Hell who makes music for trailers, their music is only avaiable for licensing to the studios, here's their website: http://www.twostepsfromhell.com/wallE.php

HAVE IT!!!! Took a look around twostepsfromhell.com and i found it [Adventure/Epic Demo on Vol.1]. Wasn't expecting it to be there but it was so cool. Thank you.