Upcoming Films

Quintus

Open Water was horrible, the unsettling ending got under my skin in bed and well into the night. Excellent film, prototypically economical in execution. 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! It's 90 mins of 2 people floating in the ocean. It does nothing visually to make the fact that it's "one location" interesting, and the poor integration of shark footage broke any type of realism for me. 

4 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! It's 90 mins of 2 people floating in the ocean. It does nothing visually to make the fact that it's "one location" interesting, and the poor integration of shark footage broke any type of realism for me. 

It was your inability to put yourself in their situation and truly experience what is going on. You missed it. You were looking from a wrong perspective. That's why I said you need many locations, multiple interwoven storylines and deep sea monsters ;). Watch the move again now that you are a little bit older, Koray. Movies change when people change.

Australia's dark heart inspires horror movie boom - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-35800175

Drax should be proud. Definitely some movies there I'll be keeping an eye on. 

Nice to see The Babadook seems to be getting the recognition it deserves, it was probably the best film I saw in 2015; which is pretty remarkable considering the genre. 

Hey I'm all for subtlety but The Babadook was just plain cryptic at times. And I found the mother so completely nasty and unpleasant, I was about to switch the movie off at any point. I'm surprised I made it to the end.

17 minutes ago, Drax said:

I did. It was alright.

It was. It was okay, for a minor comeback movie. Once you have seen The Visit though that's it, because it is a Shyamalan film and therefore reliant on first-see gimmicks. The Babadook I'll watch again. Tbh there's no comparison between the two.  

Better to stick to your final girl movies, Drax. I was wrong to link your nation's thriving film industry with you earlier, my bad. Btw, I don't think Alexcremers has seen Babadook, he's just bluffing. I seem to remember him sarcastically replying to someone about it one time. 

59 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I guess thats why he likes Godzilla and Friday The 13th movies. Very easy to understand.

My dream movie. Only I'd want Godzilla to win!

godzilla_vs_jason_by_danomight.jpg

18 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I was wrong to link your nation's thriving film industry with you earlier, my bad.

You sure were wrong. I don't work in the film industry.

Anyone else here struggle to remember movies they never saw? 

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Why?  I havent! I'm Mr. Tentpole and even i skipped that one.

As I said at the time to ya, when you do finally get around to it you'll quite enjoy it. Decent Hollywood marooned movie with patriotic heroics. 

I mean, The Martian is far from ideal, but I enjoyed it more than Moon, which aimed high but completely misfired. To me that makes it the much easier to dismiss of the two. 

On 3/25/2016 at 1:58 AM, Jay said:

Doesn't look good, does it?

And now there's another one

Why are they marketing so heavily now a film opening a year from now?  Just because BvS is in theaters?

In the theater last week I saw this trailer for the new Shane Black movie

Doesn't seem to be set at Christmas...

new Through the Looking Glass trailer

I've still never seen the first one. These films look weird.

That Miss Peregrine movie looks better than this thing, but then again I liked Elfman's score to AIW so I am curious to hear him adapt it for a sequel score.

I guess I wish there was a way Elfman could have scored both

hated the 2010 movie Alice in Wonderland, but loved the score.  While it would have been more interesting to hear his music for Miss Peregrine than to revisit Alice, I am kind of excited to hear the first not-Elfman Tim Burton score in 22 years just for the sheer novelty of it.

The kind of odd thing is that Looking Glass opens in May and Miss Peregrin at the end of September; You'd think Elfman actually had enough time to score both.

Perhaps there was another reason he didn't score Peregrin besides scheduling...

I'm pretty sure the Miss Peregrine release date has been shuffled around a fair bit so it could be that at one point the schedule would have conflicted and by the time the date was pushed back it was too late or something. I dunno.

EDIT: Found at least one article that lends credence to my theory

http://screenrant.com/tim-burton-miss-peregrines-movie-release-date/

Since it was announced that renowned fantasy director Tim Burton would be adapting MissPeregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, fans of Ransom Riggs’ YA novel avidly anticipating the film have dealt with disappointments as the planned release date has been pushed from an original summer 2015 slot to March 2016 – then back again to Christmas day, that same year.