Upcoming Films

Quintus

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 1:54 AM, Alexcremers said:

The director of Snowpiercer and actor Jake Gyllenhaal ... Finally together in Okja!

bong_article.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/42570/filming-begins-on-bong-joon-ho-s-okja

Avoiding this with ease. Snowpiercer was awful.

Why is everything that is different awful to you, Joey? Why? 

I was not a fan but Snowpiercer had its merrits. Not being like everything else was one of them.

Alex

Disney has announced a bunch of new projects in development

Cruella with Emma Stone set for the title role and Kelly Marcel writing.

A Wrinkle in Time with Ava DuVernay attached to direct and Jennifer Lee writing.

Jungle Cruise with Dwayne Johnson set to star and John Requa and Glenn Ficarra writing.

Dumbo with director Tim Burton and writer Ehren Kruger.

A sequel to Mary Poppins with director Rob Marshall, starring Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Maleficent 2 with Angelia Jolie set to return in the title role and Linda Wolverton writing.

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms with director Lasse Hallstrom and writer Ashleigh Powell.

The Jungle Book 2 with both director Jon Favreau and writer Justin Marks returning.

A Tinker Bell project with Reese Witherspoon set to star and Victoria Strouse writing.

Most of these sound like terrible ideas!!

On 4/24/2016 at 2:22 PM, KK said:

Some viral clips for The Nice Guys:

They have good chemistry together. Looking forward to this movie.

This looks like shit to me an Dave. Won't get a dime from us. Weekend at Bernie's 3 wannabee.

9 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Why is everything that is different awful to you, Joey? Why? 

I was not a fan but Snowpiercer had its merrits. Not being like everything else was one of them.

Alex

Because the movie was pretty awful I don't want to give this director another chance. I don't see it as different though. Maybe to a Belgian it's different. I will concede I did like Tilda Swinton but that's required if you're gay.

Warner Brothers has hired screenwriter James Coyne (Puncture Wounds, Vikingdom) to rewrite Sherlock Holmes 3

The script was originally penned by Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce, who was hired in October 2011

So they've been developing this for a while

Here's a new promotional still for Baywatch and the first trailer for the latest Stephen King film adaptation, Cell

Baywatch

Cell

On 4/19/2016 at 1:40 PM, Jay said:

And now

Daisy Ridley is attached to star in the pre-World War II romantic drama The Lost Wife based on the novel by Alyson Richman

Hollywood sure wasted no time grabbing ahold of her.  Meanwhile you don't see that Finn dude getting announced for anything!

2 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

Well, he's had a tough time ever since U-Turn, but his early success is warranted.  Platoon through Nixon is a pretty stellar run, with a couple of absolute masterpieces mixed in, though I hated The Doors.

I like Platoon and Born On The Fourth Of July but neither are stellar. Haven't seen JFK recently enough to comment. Never seen Nixon or Wall Street. 

The stabbing brass figure he came up with for the unfolding minute by minute events of the shooting are an utter marvel in my view, and for me combine with the film as direct audiovisual urgency in a way that is just as effective as the much more famous notes of Jaws. 

Regardless of what is factual about it, JFK is one of the most thrilling movies I have ever seen. Like Quint said, it is a masterclass in editing and Williams score is absolutely spot on

I think the main purpose of the movie was to expose the Warren comission conclusions as fabrications, and with that I am in total agreement, regardless of what actually happened

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The Government covered it al up, man!

Oswald acted alone. That is what happened and just happens to be the scariest scenario of all. The film is insane tripe.

38 minutes ago, Joey said:

Oswald acted alone. That is what happened and just happens to be the scariest scenario of all. The film is insane tripe.

We both know the Smoking Man did it, and he made Oswald take the fall

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Whoever did it was also responsible for 9/11!

I watched our police and our firemen down at 7/11, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down. And I saw the greatest people I've ever seen. 

3 hours ago, Joey said:

I'm impressed by how he made that bullet zig-zag around like that. He must have been some kind of wizard!

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Jay said:

Meanwhile you don't see that Finn dude getting announced for anything!

Here you go!

http://www.themarysue.com/john-boyega-in-netflix-bbc-watership-down/

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/28/bbc-netflix-watership-down/

1 hour ago, Drax said:

I'm impressed by how he made that bullet zig-zag around like that. He must have been some kind of wizard!

The bullet only went straight.

1 hour ago, Drax said:

There were two bullets. The one that hit Gov. Connolly and went through his body and hand and into Kennedy's neck and the second that cause Jackie to climb on the back of the car to retrieve his head and brains.