Upcoming Films

Quintus

If only...they've been talking about a sequel ever since its success. Would be terribly redundant though.

Warners has pushed back its Andy Serkis-directed Jungle Book: Origins a whole year, from October 6, 2017 to October 19, 2018

That’s a big move, which many would read as a way to further distance it from Disney’s rival Jungle Book, which opens next weekend and is earning rave reviews. Serkis himself took to Twitter to applaud the move:

I've got to say that personally I'm absolutely thrilled that Warner Brothers have changed the delivery date of Jungle Book: Origins. The ambition for this project is huge. What we are attempting is an unprecedented level of psychological and emotional nuance in morphing the phenomenal performances of our cast into the facial expressions of our animals. We are breaking new ground with realistic non-humanoid animal faces ,such as a panther or wolf, ensuring that they convincingly communicate with human language and emotion via performance capture, and are able to stand up to real scrutiny in richly complex dramatic scenes. So, every minute more that we have to evolve the technological pipeline will make all the difference...the evidence is there already and it's off the chain exciting, so hang on in there...This is truly next generation storytelling, and it will be the real deal!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154166852259434&id=180115459433

I am 100% behind Andy Serkis directing a movie that is a grand showcase for the possibilities of motion capture acting.......I just wish it wasn't in a movie called "Jungle Book: Origins" blech.

Much like Carell and Foxcatcher or Theron in Monster, Emma Stone is practically guaranteed a "movie star deglamorized" Oscar nomination. Assuming the movie isn't a trainwreck or something.