Interview with Bouzereau

Maestro

Q: Do you know if John Williams composed the percussion music for the Rope Bridge sequence in Temple of Doom (not included on this set)?

A: John Williams composed everything in the Temple of Doom, except for Anything Goes.

Wow.... I knew it!!! :P

Damn you, Concord (or Laurent), for not including that on the CD.

And no, I don't blame JW. I thank him for writing everything himself (except for Anything Goes). ;)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And no, I don't blame JW. I thank him for writing everything himself (except for Anything Goes). :P

You might find more reason to blame Williams after you read the article.

Alright, people. The interview has been conducted, and many questions were answered (though I'm a bit skeptical about just how satisfied people will be with said answers...).

The full story will be in this month's FSM Online (subscribe today!). I didn't include the following question/answer in the article, but I knew people here would want to know what he said.

Q: Do you know if John Williams composed the percussion music for the Rope Bridge sequence in Temple of Doom (not included on this set)?

A: John Williams composed everything in the Temple of Doom, except for Anything Goes.

That means he wrote both pieces of Palace Source Music too. Interesting.

Any idea when this month's FSMOnline goes live?

I never doubted any of that music was not from JW.

Even the Palace Music with the female vocal that plays before "The Emperor's Entrance"?

8m3 Escaping The Pit you originally posted to youtube?

Or a compilation of the unused TOD bits (Once In A Vial no overdub, To Pankot Palace segment, Mine Car Chase segment, Water! unused opening)?

Or The Old Priest's Tale synched to film?

Somebody needs to get buddy-buddy with people that work in the Lucasfilm Games music department, as they clearly have all the music from the SW prequels and Indy films at their disposal

It won't work...trust me I tried tooth and nail to get Jesse Harlin (music editor for the Star Wars games now) see if he could send me some unreleased music but he wouldn't budge because he was under contract. Jesse would probably have lost his job and get sued by Lucasfilm if he did leak the music and it got traced back to him.

Hopefully one day we will get proper intended editions of all three Prequels.

If the set leaked, if an unofficial Raiders version leaked, the same will happen to this interview...

There should be a cool Williams "Score Restore" this month, too.

Neil

Never heard of it, Neal. What is this?

If the set leaked, if an unofficial Raiders version leaked, the same will happen to this interview...
There should be a cool Williams "Score Restore" this month, too.

Neil

Never heard of it, Neal. What is this?

Just like it sounds

It restores unused score to movie scenes.

Here is Neil's Indy Rides The Statue restore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJhhosU8knc

Here are Jim Ware's LOTR restores:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JimJWare&view=videos

There used to be a bunch of cool Jurassic Park ones on youtube but I can't find them at the moment

The ones posted to FSM Online sometimes include the movie dialog and sound effects as well, IIRC

And no, I don't blame JW. I thank him for writing everything himself (except for Anything Goes). :P

You might find more reason to blame Williams after you read the article.

Have we been wishing "death to Laurent!" in vain?

I can picture it now... Williams standing over his shoulder during editing. "My fans will get a headache listening to that 9 minute cue. Get rid of half of it."

And someone please post it here... surely we're owed it for all our wonderfully insightful questions :)

Alright, people. The interview has been conducted, and many questions were answered (though I'm a bit skeptical about just how satisfied people will be with said answers...).

Lemme guess, he gave the same bullpoo 'musical experience' and 'I preferred it that way' responses. If that's the case, these people really aren't doing their market research properly.

I only hear Williams's influence in some of the Last Crusade editing choices. If he had given Temple of Doom his album production treatment there would be micro-edits and completely out of order sequencing.

Yeah I agree. For some reason it still bums me that Desert Chase was edited to hell. I'd be very interested to hear Laurent's justification for that, if it was asked. No other tracks had material taken out (except for 'as originally written' reasons).

I think it's because it just bugs me so much that they clearly had the full scores at their disposal, and decided to make what are reported to be post-remastering edits. And for a so-called 'definitive' collection.

And someone please post it here... surely we're owed it for all our wonderfully insightful questions :)

Just a heads-up.

If someone posts it on the forum, it will be removed.

If you want to read it, subscribe to FSM Online.

There is no law about discussing the article and reporting what 's in it ,or quoting some parts of it.

Does anyone EVER check if a text or article is copyrighted whenever you quote some of it or give a link for discussion purpose? This is only because it's FSM and a few people here decided that if we want to read it we should pay for it. Thousands of articles have been quoted on this MB ,why is this one suddenly different ? If you want to take it to a new stupid level it would also include all pictures found online or scans from magazines.

The RULES of the MB says you shouldn't copy and paste a FULL CD REVIEW .Quoting parts of it is fair use. My signature quotes an online article, is it illegal?

Sorry about the rant, but It really makes me mad when these things are taken to ridiculous levels that start hindering proper discussion. We shouldn't have to hide under the PM system for this. I deplore that this MB is slowly turning into one of these labels MB's where you can't say or do anything except discuss official c.d. releases and that Mr.B is implementing more and more restrictions .

Yes heavens forbid that a magazine that requires people to pay for a subscription, so they can continue to provide it, would be upset if their entire magazine was uploaded without anyone having to pay for it.

My point is about the growing restrictions on this MB about what we can or can't post.

I'm talking about quoting an article we are specifically interested in here at JWfan .You take the defense of c.d. labels above everything else.

No one is saying you can't discuss the article.

Just a heads-up.

If someone posts it on the forum, it will be removed.

If you want to read it, subscribe to FSM Online.

What I'm saying is discussion can include quoting some of it as long as it's not a "copy and paste"of the full article .

There is a way to know what we want to know here without subscribing to FSM online.

Sorry ,it's little things that add up that makes discussion on the main board more and more restricted and that we have to hide in the PM system . No links to MP3's (ok,I get it), no mention of torrent sites (even if not linked) , no mention of DVD ripping programs and how to extract music, no mention of the Indy boots/leaked versions on the Indy website, the language filter, the religion/political discussion ban ...but now article and text quoting?

*Reaaally hates authority figures*

So it's not just music any more, but interviews as well. F**k me.

FSM puts out A+ material in music production and criticism with a very narrow profit margin. It's hard for me to care about giant record companies losing revenue, but when you pirate the little guy, well... you just don't do that.

yeah,but this is just a specific text that has interest for us ,like many millions of others we might quote .I don't think we should be forced to subscribe to read it .99.9 % of the internet is free.

and quoting a text is not "pirating".this word is tossed around way to easily

Well obviously by creating this magazine, FSM is hoping to attract people who have "interest for the subject." That's like saying that because I have had a life long passion for Ferraris (I haven't), I am entitled to get one for free, whether that requires illegal action or not.

FSM puts out A+ material in music production and criticism with a very narrow profit margin. It's hard for me to care about giant record companies losing revenue, but when you pirate the little guy, well... you just don't do that.

Amen to that. FSM gives us so much it's just wrong to treat them poorly. I've been wanting to subscribe for a long while, this might push me into actually doing it.

Well obviously by creating this magazine, FSM is hoping to attract people who have "interest for the subject." That's like saying that because I have had a life long passion for Ferraris (I haven't), I am entitled to get one for free, whether that requires illegal action or not.

no,it's not the same thing. This is an article ,a simple article,like the billions of others that are on the web. I do not fell "entitled" to it but I do not feel I am screwing anyone over or causing harm to anyone by reading it for free .Not the least bit.

People read parts of books and magazines in bookshops all the time without buying them