Do you want John Williams to score the last Harry Potter movie?

Jessie Lohner

Do you want John Williams to score the last Harry Potter movie?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

• Sure!
    • No way!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A huge supporting NO from yours truly. Wouldn't it be great to have Horner do it? :P

Most of your contributions here are in the Other Topics forum or about how indifferent you are about most of JW's music. Or how much better composers Goldsmith and Horner are.

The question one should ask is: "How big was your Williams collection?" After burning the majority of his music to keep Alma and myself warm, the only scores I've retained that are worth any considerable merit are

The Concerti (you know them already)

Memoirs of a Geisha

The Accidental Tourist

Schindler's List

Stepmom

Presumed Innocent

And you've been posting here for 10 years? Should we care that you don't want Williams to score the last Potter since you probably don't care about/never listened to the first 3 scores anyways?

If JW didn't do it, I'd vote for Hooper to.

Over anyone? Surely there's someone else out there who can do a good Potter score, better than Hooper.

After his brilliant work on OotP, JW is the only one I would want to score a HP film more. I don't think JNH, HZ, DE. . . . could have done better work on OotP, I don't think they would be able to for DH.

Of course if HBP sucks big time, I reserve the right to change my mind.

I did not know that John Williams scored "Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix".... Wait, if that was John Williams, then who scored the first three?

Williams Ross, of course!

But I think you misread my post. It was confusing I now realize, due to my lazy use of pronouns instead of proper nouns, but the first "his" I wrote can be substituted for "Hooper's."

If JW didn't do it, I'd vote for Hooper to.

Over anyone? Surely there's someone else out there who can do a good Potter score, better than Hooper.

I honestly wouldn't mind James Horner doing one.

Most of your contributions here are in the Other Topics forum or about how indifferent you are about most of JW's music. Or how much better composers Goldsmith and Horner are.

I'm glad we agree that Goldsmith and Horner are better composers

And you've been posting here for 10 years? Should we care that you don't want Williams to score the last Potter since you probably don't care about/never listened to the first 3 scores anyways?

No one really cares about what I say anymore...with the exception of Kora, Vosk, Indy4, Williamsfan666 and McButterFattyPanties

But they are better!

No they aren't .

I don't want to get into a stupid arguement. But it seems you and Hitch aren't really into John William 's music and just post from the sidelines. So please spare us comments that you think he's Goldsmith's or Horner's inferior substitute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm happy with him scoring any movie. Harry Potter is fine but not being a fan, I usually just end up buying the soundtrack and listening to the music without ever seeing the actual films.

What I'd really love is for Williams to score the new Star Trek film. I know Giacchino already has that gig but it would have been very interesting to see what Williams would do with Star Trek, if given the chance.