Which is now your favourite Indiana Jones score?

King Mark

Favourite Indiana Jones Score  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Indian Jones score?

• Raiders of the Lost ark
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the order is:

Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Last Crusade and Temple of Doom (I really can't decide which is better as they both contain such incredible music)

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (not a real surprise that it comes 4th (not far behind though) as it is pretty darn hard to beat undeniable classics and icons of film music history).

I was listening to LC last night and the expanded material really does give it a boost. I think it's an absolutely brilliant score, but I wish the recording was better. Compared to Raiders and especially ToD, the sound is completely flat. I haven't compared, but the recording quality seems to be even worse than the ost release. I wish they had fleshed out the intricacies of the orchestra a lot more.

Indeed. I can understand some of the criticisms aimed towards the film (understand--not necessarily agree with in ANY sense), but how anybody could dislike the score is beyond me.

Kotcs.

I think it has the best action music and the alien music is fantastic.

I think it's also the most mature and best quality musically.

Also had the best version of the raiders theme, with brilliant suped up trumpet part.

Kotcs.

I think it has the best action music and the alien music is fantastic.

I think it's also the most mature and best quality musically.

Also had the best version of the raiders theme, with brilliant suped up trumpet part.

I agree about the alien music. Only about it.

It is a fantastic score. People who say it's too light and merry should listen to "On The Tank"--it's just as intense as "Desert Chase."

I'm fine with the light and merry mood of the score. It's great for what it is. As weighty as Raiders? Nah.

Indeed. I can understand some of the criticisms aimed towards the film (understand--not necessarily agree with in ANY sense), but how anybody could dislike the score is beyond me.

happens alot here. The opinion of the movie stains the rating of the score.

The same could be said about ToD though.

In fact officially speaking, *whispers* ToD is usually considered the weakest of the original trilogy™.

Which is all rubbish of course! Stupid interweb with it's spreading of lies.

I think most people still like the KotCS score, but just not as much as the other ones. I like the new score better than many other things that were released lately, but it is actually best when it copies the older ones note-by-note, and whereas the new material is effective within the film, I'm not tempted to listen to it (especially the alien music) as often as to the classics. I just prefer the more mythological themes and, imho, greater variety of the old ones. There is some nice new action music and I like Irina's theme, but it's just not the same as ToD or LC for me.

As for Last Crusade, I never considered it "light and merry", quite to the contrary. Yes, there are some goofy cues like "No Ticket" (I was never really a fan of that), but there are many rather serious, solemn, contemplative, sad, and urgent moments (that outweigh the funny stuff) as well.

Listen to the end of Rats, Escape from Venice, Elsa's Betrayal (sadly still unreleased), The Blimp Turns Around, and everything from Belly of the Steel Beast/On the Tank to the end and then tell me Last Crusade is nothing but light and fluffy.

The lightest and merriest parts of TLC are in "Indy's Very First Adventure" (8:51-9:04 almost sounds like music for a romantic comedy - in a good way). After that, I don't think it's too fluffy. Moreso than its predecessors, but that's not saying much.

My favorite used to be raiders but now its temple of doom what's great about it is you can sit down listen to the complete score and it doesn't slow down. from the gong in the beginning of the score all the way end . I can listen to the score for temple of doom many times and not get tired of it . Last Crusade is great also but theirs parts of the score that just slow it down.

I voted for Raiders. It was the first (3 amazing themes: Raiders, Marion and the Ark) and its a masterpiece (like the movie). I have to listen more to the boxset for chose between TOD and LC (really great scores, and very different), and I really like KOTKS