JWFan Thematic Tournament, Preliminary

John Crichton

For the 12th seed:  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite

• Slave Children's theme (Temple of Doom)
    • Love Theme from Superman

The Love Theme from Superman is like...the goody-goody drop-dead beautiful Catholic daughter of your reverend neighbor.

But once you actually get her in bed....you find that she hasn't a clue what to do...and barfs upon any sort of explanation and sprays you with holy water and runs out, tells her father who comes in to exorcise you.

So, you say, slave children are more expierenced?

Karol

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slave Children!

The Love Theme from Superman is like...the goody-goody drop-dead beautiful Catholic daughter of your reverend neighbor.

But once you actually get her in bed....you find that she hasn't a clue what to do...and barfs upon any sort of explanation and sprays you with holy water and runs out, tells her father who comes in to exorcise you.

You obviously have never dated a goody goody religous girl or a pastor /reverand's daughter or you wouldn't be making those statements.

I prefer the altar boys myself. they aren't so goody goody.

I wonder if people who voted for Slave Children have actually listened to the Love Theme recently. Play them back to back. There is simply no comparison.

Even if you doubt that Love Theme, the concert version, wins, The Flying Sequence beats the crap out of SC. As great as it is, I actually know no one, outside of the soundtrack community, who knows that theme. Not so with love theme. It speaks for itself.

Or maybe you were referring to the altar boys thing?

Karol

The Slave Children theme is the only theme Williams wrote for the Indy canon which almost completely bitch slapped the Raiders March.

Nah, that's the Ark theme.

That's one man's opinion.

I wonder if people who voted for Slave Children have actually listened to the Love Theme recently. Play them back to back. There is simply no comparison.

Just did. I'll still take Slave Children's Crusade.

But you're right that there is no comparison. One is a romantic theme and the other an epic adventure theme. Apples and oranges.

We're being forced to arbitrarily choose between them by this arbitrary poll, created by an arbitrary tie from the arbitrary lists of some arbitrary JWFans in response to President Crighton's arbitrary impulse to hold a tournament on this arbitrary message board whereby the best John Williams' theme will be arbitrarily decided.

Arbitrarily speaking, this is all very arbitrary.