34 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite:

• Jaws
    • Monica's theme

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jaws loses this poll then people here ought to be embarrassed and ashamed.

Yeah, they ought to be tarred and feathered.

My vote goes to the Jaws theme, despite the end credits vocalise "Where Dreams Are Born" being one of the loveliest pieces in Williams's canon.

Oh, finals already? I kinda missed this because there are so many themes from Williams more recent, subdued scores (and that includes A.I.) which I don't recall at all. I have no idea what Monica's theme is, but I do know I never liked A.I. much. So Jaws is is.

Seriously, what's the point of statements like this? That's like saying, "If the Red Sox win the World Series, Red Sox fans should be embarrassed and ashamed, because I personally was rooting for the Cubs."

-- Henry, who voted for Jaws but thinks both themes are wonderful

Seriously, what's the point of statements like this? That's like saying, "If the Red Sox win the World Series, Red Sox fans should be embarrassed and ashamed, because I personally was rooting for the Cubs."

because Williams fans out to be ashamed. The lack of appreciation for this great theme at a John Williams site is sickening.

Its always been underappreciated here, yet its perhaps the most famous movie theme ever. Go to any beach in any part of the world and hum it, and people know.

The lack of appreciation for this great theme at a John Williams site is sickening.

Who cares what others think as long as you appreciate it? People don't appreciate Zimmer here, but I'm not throwing up about it.

time and time again you prove what an idiot you are, and without us even asking.

The lack of appreciation for this great theme at a John Williams site is sickening.

Who cares what others think as long as you appreciate it? People don't appreciate Zimmer here, but I'm not throwing up about it.

time and time again you prove what an idiot you are, and without us even asking.

Yeah, I get it. I'm stupid. Thanks.

because Williams fans out to be ashamed. The lack of appreciation for this great theme at a John Williams site is sickening.

Its always been underappreciated here, yet its perhaps the most famous movie theme ever. Go to any beach in any part of the world and hum it, and people know.

I know where you and Mark are coming from, but in the end, it makes no difference. A silly little popularity contest like this at a site like this doesn't do anything to diminish or enhance either theme. It just proves who at the time voted for what, based on whatever criteria they used for voting. Maybe some people are tired of this 30+ year old movie theme that has become a cliche anytime someone goes near the ocean, or they feel that it's overrated. Many people don't feel the same awe-inspired nostalgia and reverence that others do for these great legendary themes. It's not necessarily a lack of respect, but it could be a changing of the guard regarding different eras of the man's repertoire.

I don't think you can compare this little poll between Jaws and Monica's Theme to a best of seven series between two baseball clubs. There's no way to put these two themes into the ring so they can duke it out mano e mano. Jaws would eat Monica any day of the week...and not eat in the good way.

I voted for Jaws.

I'm going to assume that "Williams fans" encapsulates people who voted for Jaws and people who voted for A.I. If Jaws loses, the people who voted for Jaws will be content in their preference for the "better" theme, and the people who voted for A.I. will be glad that their preferred theme won. Or is Mark saying that he will be ashamed of himself for being among the company of people who elected "Monica's theme"? Or ashamed that he wasn't able to convince enough people that his opinion was right and theirs was wrong?

do you over think everything?

Yes, but I don't spend nearly as much time over thinking opinions on a message board as you spend hurling your opinions at people like bricks.

You should learn to give, not hurl with force.

Six people so far prefer Monica's theme to the Jaws theme including me, but looking at the current result, we'll be spared your shame and disgust :mrgreen:

then count yourself among the 8 dumba$$es, but really for spitefulness, which is never a justifiable reason to do anything.

Just because of the bloated self-important discussions above, I'm going to vote for Monica's theme.

Cheers.

- Marc

paddy.jpg

"Big whoop, wanna fight about it?"

Just because of the bloated self-important discussions above, I'm going to vote for Monica's theme.

Cheers.

- Marc

paddy.jpg

"Big whoop, wanna fight about it?"

No. It was mostly just out of boredom.

And Jaws will win anyway.

ah complacency, its your generations biggest strenght.

come on Marc, with all the things you have and do, how can you be bored. Its not like you're stuck on a farm in the middle of no where with nothing to do.

Cheers.

- Marc

That's what pushed me over to Monica's theme too. :sigh:

I do actually think Monica's theme is better, but I don't deny there was an element of that...

This poll doesn't prove this statement, but I certainly believe this, Jaws is better than anything John has done in both the 90s and the 00's.

This poll doesn't prove this statement, but I certainly believe this, Jaws is better than anything John has done in both the 90s and the 00's.

Good, you're learning.