What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Still dont get why anyone would equate Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with me, out of all things.  Very odd choice to make

Out of anyone on this board who might have actually seen Michael Bay's TMNT movie, I'd say Koray and Trent B are most likely.   I haven't seen a Michael Bay film since I wanted to walk out of Transformers in the theater in 2007.  Blech!

Oh yea, maybe.

I never saw that animated one either... haven't seen anything TMNT related since I was 11.

When I was a kid, they were the shit!  I had the NES game.  It was really hard!

Haven't been following the Game of Thrones hype or any of the pre season news, but is the upcoming season still following an existing publication or have we finally overtaken Martin's progress this time? 

The Season 5 finale ended at the same place the published books have, so this new season that starts on Sunday is the first one that goes completely beyond the books

1 hour ago, Jay said:

When I was a kid, they were the shit!  I had the NES game.  It was really hard!

That swimming part with the electric walls got me 9/10 times.

Remember Construx, the toy?  I formed them into sais and put electrical tape around them, pretended I was Raphael!

7 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Yes that was the hardest part!

7 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Remember Construx, the toy?  I formed them into sais and put electrical tape around them, pretended I was Raphael!

Doesn't ring a bell, no.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Out of anyone on this board who might have actually seen Michael Bay's TMNT movie, I'd say Koray and Trent B are most likely.   I haven't seen a Michael Bay film since I wanted to walk out of Transformers in the theater in 2007.  Blech!

Why me?!

9 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

The first NES game was shit. Turtles are water animals, so to not be able to swim is shit. The later games like The Manhattan Project were much better. 

Construx were a great toy! I still have mine and my brother's at our parents' house, waiting for grandkids. 

Am I just saying this because it’s the arena I happen to work in? No! Or maybe because I’m bitter that I no longer work in television? Of course not! I’m in a more contented place than ever. I drive an executive saloon, I take several foreign holidays a year, I have a four-figure endorsement deal with Norfolk’s leading manufacturer of non-recyclable cat litters. What else? I own two NutriBullets. My hair’s still nice and thick. I do have a fat back but I’m able to manage that by not approaching people back-first with my top off.

Classic Alan!

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 4:20 PM, Alexcremers said:

From Cremers Dictionary:

Golden Age of TV: TV > Film

Hope this helps, Richard.

Alex

Sorry, Alex.

Not a clucking fu what you are on about. Please explain, could you, old boy?

I don't know how more simple I can bring it, Richard. If you really don't have a clue about what I'm talking about then it means:

- You are perfectly satisfied with what is on offer at your local concrete multiplex

- You are completely obtuse to the Golden Age of TV and you wonder when the new seasons of MacGyver and Walker, Texas Ranger are coming

- You don't understand the 'greater than' symbol that I'm using

Alex

58 minutes ago, Richard said:

Sorry, Alex.

Not a clucking fu what you are on about. Please explain, could you, old boy?

He is saying that for him, the golden era of TV started when the best TV shows were better than the best movies.  Most people say the current golden age of TV started around the early to mid 2000s and we're still in the middle of it

In terms of consistency, yeah, that time period makes sense.  I would say probably "The Sopranos", in terms of popularity, kicking things off.  There are some other scattered shows, such as The X-Files, Oz, Twin Peaks, The Simpsons, etc, that were adult-oriented shows that were precursors, but now, most channels are consciously trying to make that type of product.  Turns out the audience isn't as dumb as they hoped.

Really the majority of the golden era content is on cable / streaming.  Another way to look at it is to look at the Emmys, and see how for decades all the awards went to free Network Television shows, and that nowadays they all go to cable / streaming shows.  All the best writers are writing for cable / streaming shows these days, all that is left on free network TV is mostly guilty pleasure type shows.  HANNIBAL is about the only thing on network that came close to the prestige of the cable dramas in the past 5 years

Still rare for any network to keep paying actors money for that many years.  New shows are always cheaper once you're past 5 seasons or so