What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I'm pleased the Real O'Neals was not cancelled. I know that per Alex I am not supposed to watch ABC and most certainly CBS but I do.

I have never watched it. But I know people who liked it who are not happy. But that Firefly reunion is now freed up.

51 minutes ago, Shatner's Rug said:

Supergirl has been renewed!

That was not in doubt. The only question was how tight CBS would be. They bitched about its 3 million dollar price tag. But hell Big Bang Theory is only 30 minutes long and rarely has any effects but the 3 main cast members alone make as per episode as Supergirl costs per episode. 

Yes but the difference is CBS earns much more in ad revenue from BBT than it did from Supergirl.

The CW is turning into the DC superhero channel now. Maybe Gotham will move their next, then Krypton eventually too :P

Finally finished up Mad Men.  It's been a couple of years since I've seen season 6, but I was able to go through season 7 on Netflix.  Pretty solid.  I was starting to get worried about the ending, but it pays off in the final 30 seconds and makes it all worth it.

Joan planning her life with that guy after seeing him twice was a bit lame, and Peggy/Stan wasn't as magical as I think the writers hoped.  Sally was a standout.

Well, here is the absolutely terrible show Hayley Atwell will be starring in next year instead of Agent Carter

Looks horrendously bad.

Yea, us too.

The original Rosie Larson case dragged on way too long (should have been one season not two) and then final two cases weren't as interesting as the original case, but that Linden / Holder dynamic was always so strong it makes the whole show worth it.

Plus, ya know, Bullet :crymore:

15 hours ago, Jay said:

Well, here is the absolutely terrible show Hayley Atwell will be starring in next year instead of Agent Carter

Looks horrendously bad.

And yet it might be good. I doubt it could be any worse than Agent Carter.

It was the worst thing a show can be. BORING.

Next Alex will probably chime in singing it's praises. It's the best show ever, except for breaking bad, and maybe the Wire. ;)

No doubt because it's network TV and he's too self righteous to watch that.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

:pukeface:

Seriously. What's the point of this? Pass.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

Looks horrendously bad.

Maybe so, but this shows more of her tits!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yea, us too.

The original Rosie Larson case dragged on way too long (should have been one season not two) and then final two cases weren't as interesting as the original case, but that Linden / Holder dynamic was always so strong it makes the whole show worth it.

Plus, ya know, Bullet :crymore:

I do agree that there was no reason to spend 26 episodes on the same case, and the show never truly recovered from a season 1 finale that many took as a punch to the gut for not solving the crime.  A few too many coincidental and detracting red herrings as well, but I am finding that it works a bit better in binge mode.  I loved season 3, thought it was the best.  I was hoping that it would relight the fire for fans, but it didn't turn out that way.  Season 4 was a nice enough sendoff, but you're right, the dynamic between the two lead detectives was clutch and made even the lesser episodes worth watching.

Linda Cardellini, Chloe Sevigny, Katie Finneran, and Mia Kirshner.... can't be all bad!

You didn't mention Sissy Spacek .. but that's probably because she was famous before your time, Jay.

(oh, I guess you were summing up only the beauties of the show, right)

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I think I'm gonna watch Bloodline on Netflix. Saw the trailer ... 80% on RT ... How bad can it be? 

I've heard that it isn't exactly one of their more popular shows, but critically it's said to be one of their best.  It's on my list.

Well, it's popular enough for a second season which starts on May 27.

11 hours ago, Jay said:

I liked her in Carrie, In The Bedroom, Nine Lives, and Big Love

She's also in my favorite Altman film called:

images%201_zps4fuimqjm.jpg

Alex

Sissy Spacek did something very rare. She received an Oscar nomination for Best Actress in Carrie and the delightful Piper Laurie got a Best Supporting Actress nod as Margaret in Carrie. Both are tremendous and worthy performances.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

Sissy Spacek did something very rare. She received an Oscar nomination for Best Actress in Carrie and the delightful Piper Laurie got a Best Supporting Actress nod as Margaret in Carrie. Both are tremendous and worthy performances.

She was in a a surprisingly good sex trafficking movie I stumbled on one time on late night TV, I'd never heard of it before. Set in Texas or somewhere like that, it was grubby and suspenseful. 

On 5/17/2016 at 6:18 PM, Jay said:

Looks horrendously bad.

I agree completely. A waste of Atwell's talent.

13 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Well, it's popular enough for a second season which starts on May 27.

She's also in my favorite Altman film called:

images%201_zps4fuimqjm.jpg

Alex

Don't forget Badlands!

And Cranston just won another Emmy for whatever he just did... eyes roll everywhere