What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Norman was finally released from the mental health facility. Rascal! We all know those places are pointless anyway. He's already making enhancements to the parlor behind the motel office.

bates_peephole-700x300.jpg

Every generation has a legend...

Every journey has a first step...

Every saga has a beginning...

13 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Finished Stranger Things last night. Good season! Why was the film score “community” up in arms about the score again? Fit like a glove; an obvious 80s synth throwback. I imagine it’s the crazies that believe everything has to be orchestral and rousing?

I don't think you have the finger on the pulse of the community on this one; Most people seemed to either love it or be indifferent too it, only a minority complained a lot about it.

My personal opinion is that it worked fine in the show, a orchestral score might have better, and I tried to listen to it outside the show and didn't like it at all.  The lengthy album they released is very long and boring.

Curb Your Enthusiasm 9x04 Running with the Bulls

Well, that was easily the worst episode of the season.  Not a lot of laugh out loud moments or inspired plot points.  Did Jeff brazenly cheat on Susie in the earlier seasons?  I don't remember.  Larry was more of a dick than usual too, telling the woman at the funeral to shut up.  Bryan Cranston was great though, even though the final payoff of the episode with him actually going chair shopping with Larry then expecting him to pay was weak.  Oh well.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm 9x04 Running with the Bulls

Well, that was easily the worst episode of the season.  Not a lot of laugh out loud moments 

Maybe the opportune episode for Drax to jump on board?

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Did Jeff brazenly cheat on Susie in the earlier seasons?  I don't remember.  

Really? He was ALWAYS sniffing around for what he could find on the sly.

Yea, Larry was overdoing the "I'm a prick" card in the last episode. And some of the gags just felt too familiar or played out (i.e. the zipper gag). Cranston was great though.

Cranston was really funny, and the first scene with Larry in the bathroom was pretty funny too.

I thought for sure there would be some kind of pay off to the whole "stick your index finger in and POP it out", but there wasn't...

Following a moving speech at Mother's funeral at which only he was in attendance, Norman exhumed the body and brought her home. When she refused to open her eyes, he simply super-glued them open. Seemed the best solution.

Norman also said the following line:

"Justin. Could I possibly see my Mother?"

bm410_0868.jpg

Most importantly, he removed the modern flat screen TV from the house and even dropped it on the stairs like Drax with his Sony Trinitron. You could swear I blacked out and wrote this shit.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Most importantly, he removed the modern flat screen TV from the house and even dropped it on the stairs like Drax with his Sony Trinitron. You could swear I blacked out and wrote this shit.

I think the writers have been reading this forum...

13 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Bates Motel is better than everything.

You don't even understand the series. You think it's because CRT is superior but Norman threw out the big LCD screen because it represents the sheriff AND also because he doesn't handle change very well, just like you.

Hope this helps,

Alex

I can just see it now...

Me: Breaking Bad is better than everything.

Alex: You don't even understand the series. Much like you did with Serenity, you're just pretending to like it so you'll gain social acceptance from your peers. Next thing, you'll start up a superficial craze for Walter White's hats in the same manner as your bizarre fixation on leather jackets.

That, it did. It becomes more entertaining as you stick with it. But that's largely because of the performances and interesting 70s tidbits rather than the premise/story itself.

Norman continues to be an epic babe magnet. They just love to unload their problems on him. I'm surprised he's not running the town by now. Meanwhile, Freddie Highmore in drag is confusing me.

Bates-Motel-05x02-1-850x560.jpg

On 24/10/2017 at 3:41 PM, Koray Savas said:

Fair enough. I just recall many Facebook soapbox rants at the time, complaining about how terrible the music was. 

I didn't think it was terrible. It was nice enough, as far as pure music goes, but I did think the series aspired too much to mimic classics like CE3K and Poltergeist for the score to live up to it like a big orchestral score could have done, at least in its more dramatic moments.

13 hours ago, KK said:

That, it did. It becomes more entertaining as you stick with it. But that's largely because of the performances and interesting 70s tidbits rather than the premise/story itself.

Just watched the second episode, and you're right, I thought it was much better.

x240-5Fq.jpg

Fincher & black bars ... reasons enough for Drax, Joey and The Doctor to stay away from this show.

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Norman continues to be an epic babe magnet. They just love to unload their problems on him. I'm surprised he's not running the town by now. Meanwhile, Freddie Highmore in drag is confusing me.

Bates-Motel-05x02-1-850x560.jpg

For you is it a case of "where have you been all my life?" (The show, not Freddie).

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Just watched the second episode, and you're right, I thought it was much better.

x240-5Fq.jpg

Fincher & black bars ... reasons enough for Drax, Joey and The Doctor to stay away from this show.

Was it photographed with anamorphic lenses? If not, what's the point?

Broken Link, DS9 season 4 finale. What a splendid little episode. Odo applies his strong sense of justice to himself and agrees to be judged by his people. Garak shows himself as the homecidal sociopath that he is by trying to commit genocide. The female Changeling is chilling, especially in her reasoning for poisoning Odo. Avery Brooks stands his ground though, i love military leader Sisko stuff. The Changeling Judgement of Odo and making him human is actually a very daring idea, great sci-fi concept. A fallen God made mortal. I wasn't sure at first. But its very ambitious. And Gowron is a Changeling? Holy shit!

We're almost caught up on Bake-Off ahead of next week's final.

The last person to leave the tent was very controversial in my household.  The wife and I are prepared to write Paul Hollywood threatening notes for that one.  We think that there are two very undeserving bakers there who don't even hold a candle to the talented ones (Steven and Sophie right now).

Holy moly, just watched an interview, and even James Cameron says TV has the best writing now and maybe Hollywood should learn from that ...

Please continue ...

Good writing doesn't have to be poetry, nor does Cameron have to be the best writer in town to have an opinion on good writing. I'm not a writer but that doesn't stop me from having an opinion either. When Cameron says TV has the good writers now then I'm glad that a leading person from the film community is not afraid to acknowledge that. 

Curb epi 4.

This was much more like it. The shouty caricature of the two previous instalments was pretty much nowhere to be seen and we were right back in classic Larry David just being a difficult but generally quite agreeable pain in the arse territory (the chair, Lewis nabbing the good seat everywhere, the notepad - I was with him). 

More like this and I'll be satisfied. 

Him telling a grieving woman to shut up at a funeral was caricature Larry and not classic Larry, though....

13 hours ago, Quintus said:

For you is it a case of "where have you been all my life?" (The show, not Freddie).

It's becoming my favorite show ever. I love everything about it.

Potential new top TV shows list:

1. Bates Motel

2. Doctor Who (2005)
3. Star Trek: Dethroned Space Nine