1. 1.

• Three Blind Mice (Dr. No)
    • From Russia With Love
    • Goldfinger
    • Thunderball
    • Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Thunderball)
    • You Only live Twice
    • On Her Majestys Secret Service
    • We Have All The Time In The World (OHMSS)
    • Diamonds Are Forever
    • Live And Let Die
    • The Man With The Golden Gun
    • Nobody Does It Better (The Spy Who Loved Me)
    • Moonraker
    • For Your Eyes Only
    • All Time High (Octopussy)
    • Never Say Never Again (non-official Bond film)
    • View To A Kill
    • The Living Daylights
    • Were Has Everybody Gone (The Living Daylights)
    • If There was A Man (The Living Daylights)
    • License To Kill
    • If You Asked Me To (License To Kill)
    • Goldeneye
    • The Experience Of Love (Goldeneye)
    • Tomorrow Never Dies
    • Surrender (Tomorrow Never Dies)
    • The World Is Not Enough
    • Die Another Day

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume this is part one only...

I have a few comments:

1) Do you really think anyone is gonna vote for "Three Blind Mice" or

"Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"? LOL

2) "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" can't be considered a song (it's instrumental)

3) The name of song in The Spy Who Loved Me is "Nobody Does It Better"

-Yes it is part 1, since I can't put all the songs in a single poll.

-No, but for completion sake they must be added.

-It was the main title track for the film, therefore I have entered it in this poll. (it's a more valid choice then 3 Blind Mice IMO)

-I corrected it, thank you.

Stefancos- who now thinks Kamen is Ricard's second fav Bond composer, not Conti.

I admit that I'm no expert on Bond songs, so I won't vote. But whichever song it is, it's not Madonna's.

Marian - who thinks of it as a "song for a Bond movie", not a "Bond song".

:( HPCOS

Heyyyy, I like "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang".

"Heeeeeee's smooth like vanilla, the gentlemaaaaaaaan's a killa". :(

I had a tough time choosing between "Goldfinger" and "We Have All the Time in the World". I ultimately went for "Goldfinger". It's the Bond song all the others are compared to.

Neil

This amended poll now includes all the choices from poll 2.

Please vote again, and sorry for the inconvienence.

Stefancos-  :(

I'm afraid people can only vote once.

And I'm sorry about the previous limit. I thought 20 choices was more than enough.

Ricard - Who couldn't vote for his favorite song before the poll was edited.

Ricard II - Whose favorite Bond song is For Your Eyes Only, followed by License to Kill, Moonraker and You Only Live Twice.

Being somewhat of a new fan of the music of Bond and I haven't heard all of the songs I'm hesitant to vote. However My favorite so far is Thunderball. ;)

"Heeeeee always runs while others waaaaaaalk......and he strikes bu bu bu bu bum like Thuuuuuuunderbaaaaaaaaaallll!"

Justin -Who thinks the Living Daylights song is fun. :(

Why am I the only one who's voted for All Time High? That song rocks!

I like how Rita Coolidge sings it. But actually, I just think that Tim Rice is to lyrics what John Williams is to music.

-ROSS, currently listening to Tim Rice's Chess . . . .for the first time!

Hmmm,the bond songs beeing one of the exceptions as songs I like on the most part,

I like especially:

Moonraker

You only Live Twice

Goldfinger

live and Let Die

Why am I the only one who's voted for All Time High? That song rocks!

Mine too! She has a lovely voice, and the melody is up there with Barry's best!

I would have to agree with Ricard on 'Licence To Kill' Stefancos. It captures the true essence of a Bond song perfectly. Big & bold brass, dramatic pauses and a perfect chorus :)

Nobody Does It Better is a wonderfull, very well composed, and yet tender and very pleasing song... I always believe that Carly Simon is singing it for me :) LOL

Nobody Does It Better is a wonderfull, very well composed, and yet tender and very pleasing song... I always believe that Carly Simon is singing it for me :)  LOL

Oh you're so vain, I bet you think every song is about you. Don't you? DON"T YOU!!!???

Neil

And for the last time, if you have any sense, or musical taste.

Stefancos- who knows Tim Rice and Andrew MOTHERF censored CKING  Loyd MOTHERF censored CKING Webber will rot in hell someday.  ROTFLMAO

Actually, my friend, Chess was composed by Swedish composers and is considered a Swedish musicals. If you had the humbleness of reading any of Tim Rice's lyrics you would appreciate the sheer genious of his grammatical constructions containing very wise and profound words.

And what is wrong with Andrew Lloyd Webber, composer of Joseph, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and Phantom of the Opera or Sunset Boulevard? Oh, well, that he is also the composer of Jeeves, The Beautiful Game, Aspects of Love, Whistle Down the Wind . . . . .

-ROSS, who still keeps respect for the man LOL

Nobody Does it Better, is my Favorite song, followed by

yes Stefan,

Licence to Kill, it is a great song, with terrific vocals by Gladys Knight.

I like Live and Let Die, Goldfinger, For Your Eyes Only, An All Time High, and a few others. NONE from Brosnan films have moved me except like a laxative. With one exception Die Another Day is a good song, but hey its Madonna.

And for the last time, if you have any sense, or musical taste.

Stefancos- who knows Tim Rice and Andrew MOTHERF censored CKING  Loyd MOTHERF censored CKING Webber will rot in hell someday.  ;)

Actually, my friend, Chess was composed by Swedish composers and is considered a Swedish musicals. If you had the humbleness of reading any of Tim Rice's lyrics you would appreciate the sheer genious of his grammatical constructions containing very wise and profound words.

And what is wrong with Andrew Lloyd Webber, composer of Joseph, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and Phantom of the Opera or Sunset Boulevard? Oh, well, that he is also the composer of Jeeves, The Beautiful Game, Aspects of Love, Whistle Down the Wind . . . . .

-ROSS, who still keeps respect for the man LOL

I like Webber a lot too. Phantom and Joseph are some of my favorites.

Ray Barnsbury

I cast my vote for All time high! yeah baby.

And an honorable mention to Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for being possibly the smuttiest song title of all time.

Ok guys what is the worst song on that list? It's a real close shave between 3 Blind Rodents and Die Another Day (like when you listen to this song)

I'm going to say 3 Bline Rodents is the worst song it just doesn't fit Bond!! NORMAN YOU FOOL!!! ;)

Justin - Who acctually kinda likes the score to Dr. No :P

Justin - Who acctually kinda likes the score to Dr. No :P

That's impossible. Nobody likes the score to Dr. No, except for Monty Norman. ;)

As for worst Bond song, Matt Monro's From Russia With Love is pretty bad. It's fun to hear the director, Terrence Young, making fun of it on the commentary track of the old Criterion laser disc.

I also can't believe there are people here who like "All Time High". I've never cared for that song. Different strokes, I guess.

Neil

Ok guys what is the worst song on that list?

Goldeneye ;)

Oh I like "GoldenEye". It's a good song. The score is different matter. Easily the worst "music" in the entire series.

It's even worse than the slide whistle in The Man with the Golden Gun.

Neil

Wait a minute, this list is incomplete!!!

Where is "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?" and "Wedding Party" and "Dirty Love" and the 17 different versions of "Under the Mango Tree" from Dr. No!

:)

Neil

Wait a minute, this list is incomplete!!!

Where is "Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?"  

:)

Neil

mmmmm My favourite part of 'OHMSS' LOL (which is my favourite film in the series by the way)

Terence Young recorded an audio commentary for FRWL on the Criterion laserdisc? I would think that's a must-have for any fan. Can you shed some more light on the Criterion Bond laserdiscs, indysolo? Sorry to sort of break in the conversation late, but this really interested me.

Mike Cooper... who just saw "Die Another Day" and thinks that it is the best James Bond film since "Octopussy".

Terence Young recorded an audio commentary for FRWL on the Criterion laserdisc? I would think that's a must-have for any fan. Can you shed some more light on the Criterion Bond laserdiscs, indysolo? Sorry to sort of break in the conversation late, but this really interested me.

Mike Cooper... who just saw "Die Another Day" and thinks that it is the best James Bond film since "Octopussy".

The Criterion Bond Discs are rarities. The original CAV LD's were pulled after being on the market for less than a year. EON Productoins objected to 185 statements that they deemed to be inaccurate. Criterion refused to edit the commentaries, so the discs were pulled from the market. Later, CLV discs were released without any extras.

Terrence Young recorded commentaries for Dr. No and From Russia With Love, as did Peter Hunt and Richard Maibaum. For a Bond fan, these things are great treasure troves of information. Guy Hamilton obviously was featured on the Goldfinger LD.

You can still find them on ebay from time to time (that's how I got my discs).

Neil - who has seen Die Another Day twice and is still trying to find the James Bond film in it

Ok guys what is the worst song on that list?

Goldeneye :)

No that would definitely be Moonraker it was as bad as the movie itself. Sending bond into space !! :|:P

Only the idea!!!

Although Die Another Day competes well with Moonraker

One of my favourites is of course Goldfinger and for your eyes only

The Moonraker song is very good, in fact.

The theme itself is wonderfull, and Shirley really brings it home.

I even dig the "disco" version.

The score itself is off course an utter classic.

Stefancos- who would sell Ricard's kidney's for a complete Moonraker. :)