The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

May be a good thing Herrmann's not around to approve an expansion. He'd probably put a program together and shout or burst into tears of general frustration at the mere suggestion of changing something. If you've heard the extended interview with him from the 70s, the idea that he's working for a director who might have an opinion on his music seems completely foreign to him. I don't think he'd get a scoring job nowadays.

1 hour ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Bit depressing about how unpleasantly negative some of the Herrmann fans are on Facebook though. I mean. Not necessary. 

Where? I thought I was part of all the Herrmann groups and I only noticed one or two negative comments (and even they weren't over the top). Most people were pretty positive.

Yavar

17 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Where? I thought I was part of all the Herrmann groups and I only noticed one or two negative comments (and even they weren't over the top). Most people were pretty positive.

Yavar

https://m.facebook.com/groups/HerrmannSociety/permalink/2619969914842927/?ref=share&mibextid=NOb6eG

12 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Yeah, I had seen that thread earlier today when there was just one negative comment. Even now I only see three total negative comments about the Addison there (two of which are replies to that first one, chiming in with agreement). Hardly a chorus, really.

Yavar

I tried to keep up with those new Trek releases, despite owning the big box set -- but they're making it unfeasible for me to do so.  I do want that Torn Curtain release, though.