Sherlock Holmes.

Kevin

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad it was so lazily produced...The concept is so much fun, it could have really been something, instead of an amusing curio. You've got a decent camera and all the people- why not put in the extra effort to make something that really nails it?

Finally got around to watching this thing, it's the first time I've heard anything from the movie. The tune is catchy enough, I suppose, but it's all just a bit of a mess really, isn't it. Experimentation for experimentations sake blah blah blah...

Ennio would've done it better and with a lot more class.

• 4 months later...

That's some of the worst writing I've heard for film since... ever. Completely musically unsatisfying and poorly crafted. Extremely flimsy melodic writing, and harmonically... putrid! The harmonies do get more interesting near the end, but then it's not like we haven't heard that from Zimmer 50 times before. Zimmer should've gone into sound design and creating energetic soundscapes rather than calling himself a composer. The sounds are interesting, that's about it. Intellectually as a piece of music it scores a big fat zero from me.

No, Goldeneye is still awful.

Serra's a decent composer. Goldeneye may be a bit... weird, but at least it's reasonably suitable music for the film. More so than this Sherlock Holmes score is, anyway.

No, Goldeneye is still awful.

Serra's a decent composer. Goldeneye may be a bit... weird, but at least it's reasonably suitable music for the film. More so than this Sherlock Holmes score is, anyway.

Serra's Goldeneye wasn't suitable in any way.

Without Serra score, we'd miss out on one of the best trailer cues of the late 90's (Run, Shoot and Jump)!