TPM Score rerelease?

Sebulba

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible that Sebulba is a doppelganger for Ricard or another of our esteemed noble leaders. If it was meant to steamroll anticipation of the April Fool's Day fake announcement, that would make sense.

But if he just came across a bootleg tracklisting of a fanmade edit, which is what his link ultimately pointed to, and asked a sincere question, then Ricard just fed off of that hype to create the joke.

I would have rather seen a fake announcement come out of left field, like Hook or Family Plot, over something which has inspired a 5 page thread already.

What?? I don't understand!!! :D

It's a fake announcement. An April Fool's joke. There will be no complete TPM sets at the moment.

:D But the blogger's original post was written three weeks ago!

And that's cheating, it's April Fools DAY not WEEK. And it was probably a lot of work for what was a very lame joke.

Nope, they borke ALL the rules:

1) April Fools Day is April 1.

2) April Fool's Day is called April Fools Day because... it takes place in April. No leadups.

3) April Fools Day is a Day. Not a Week, a Month, a Year, Decade or Century. A Day.

And that's cheating, it's April Fools DAY not WEEK.

Oh, I'm really sorry I caused you a lot of pain, how can I compensate for the damage? Please, let me know.

And it was probably a lot of work for what was a very lame joke.

To be honest it wasn't too much work. As for it being lame, perhaps you had something better in mind? I'm extremely interested! :D

And where exactly did I mention it caused me a lot of pain? I didn't fall for it, since it's not the first time the site has done a joke like this, I believe one of the first April Fool's pranks was about expanded or complete Indy scores a few years back.

Anyway, something like "You all want this, right? Well, it's coming... Wait it's not, SUCKERS!!!" doesn't strike me as a hilarious masterpiece, sorry if I ofended your fantastic sense of humor. Since it was obvious, that's why you had to cheat.

And I don't have to come up with anything better since I don't run the site nor do I play any jokes or even celebrate April Fool's since in Mexico it's on another day, December 28th actually.

The lack of tolerance for any criticism has quite frankly made this place annoying.

2) April Fool's Day is called April Fools Day because... it takes place in April. No leadups.

3) April Fools Day is a Day. Not a Week, a Month, a Year, Decade or Century. A Day.

The actual joke took place on April 1. As for the "no leadups" rule... :D

I think what he's getting at is that you preyed only on one particular sub-group. TBH quite a few people couldn't have given a damn whether it was true or not. Did it work? For me, yes, right up until the last minute on April 1, then I realised it was a setup (tragically before some people did). Either way, I too did not give a damn if it was real or not as I already had every note for TPM.

Loved the three-disc bit though :D Considering all the material for TPM fits on two discs with room to spare for alternate takes.

The leadup counts as part of the joke.

And where exactly did I mention it caused me a lot of pain?

Well you accused me of cheating, and you seemed angry about it. Hence my response.

I didn't fall for it, since it's not the first time the site has done a joke like this, I believe one of the first April Fool's pranks was about expanded or complete Indy scores a few years back.

You're absolutely right! I believe it was exactly 10 years ago :D

Anyway, something like "You all want this, right? Well, it's coming... Wait it's not, SUCKERS!!!" doesn't strike me as a hilarious masterpiece, sorry if I ofended your fantastic sense of humor

I'm sure the person who actually had the idea and wrote the fake press release will disagree :)

Since it was obvious, that's why you had to cheat.

I think "cheat" is a too strong word to use in this case.

And I don't have to come up with anything better since I don't run the site nor do I play any jokes or even celebrate April Fool's since in Mexico it's on another day, December 28th actually.

But you have a great sense of humor, right? :)

The lack of tolerance for any criticism has quite frankly made this place annoying.

Mmm now how am I being intolerant?

Not angry (I am on a rather bad mood but that's beside the point) because I didn't fall for it, I do think it's in a bit of poor taste, this is a Williams forum, as you must be perfectly well aware there are threads were people go over and over some videogames looking for, sometimes, even 30 or 45 seconds of unreleased music from the prequels and it seems to me to be a mean-spirited joke. The Giacchino joke for example was a better, more harmless joke.

If you don't like "cheating" all right, but if it's not April 1st I don't think is fair game, so again I think it's a bit like cheating. As for the intolerance, well that's for the over the top sarcasm of "sorry I caused you so much pain" I got because I just didn't think the joke was funny.

And yes the Indy prank whenever it was did piss me off a lot.

Not angry (I am on a rather bad mood but that's beside the point) because I didn't fall for it, I do think it's in a bit of poor taste, this is a Williams forum, as you must be perfectly well aware there are threads were people go over and over some videogames looking for, sometimes, even 30 or 45 seconds of unreleased music from the prequels and it seems to me to be a mean-spirited joke.

I can identify very well with those people and I'm sure not everyone shares your opinion.

As for the intolerance, well that's for the over the top sarcasm of "sorry I caused you so much pain" I got because I just didn't think the joke was funny.

Well you seemed VERY annoyed so...

Nobody wanted the Indy box set more than I did. I think it's a matter of difference in sensibilities.

Not angry (I am on a rather bad mood but that's beside the point) because I didn't fall for it, I do think it's in a bit of poor taste, this is a Williams forum, as you must be perfectly well aware there are threads were people go over and over some videogames looking for, sometimes, even 30 or 45 seconds of unreleased music from the prequels and it seems to me to be a mean-spirited joke.

The oversensitivity to that sort of thing is EXACTLY why the prank was so funny. Same with that Ten Commandments gag on FSM - the people that got seriously pissed off over that seriously needed to lighten up (I mean really - what did you expect was going to happen on April 1st?).

I don't mean to be a jerk, but the gag really isn't worth being pissed over.

Nobody wanted the Indy box set more than I did. I think it's a matter of difference in sensibilities.

Well, if, as you said, it was indeed 10 years ago, I was much younger (still a teen) with very different perspectives on life and problems and stuff.

In the end, and that's the last thing I'll say on this thread, my point is that saying something is coming when it's not, it's not particularly hilarious. That's all.

Ricard, congratulations on a fun April Fools gag! The fact that it's still being discussed (indeed quite passionately) on April 2nd is a testement to it's success. Looking forward to April 2011.

Nice one Ricard. The press release didn't fool me though. I was anticipating this year's gag and spotted it right away. :D

The fake blog had me though. Nice touch, backdating those posts to 2009.

Same with that Ten Commandments gag on FSM ...

Eh? What'd I miss?

I'd totally go for a April Fools Century - because the last one seems like a joke to me anyway.

I'd totally go for a April Fools Century - because the last one seems like a joke to me anyway.

lol. Definitley where I live.