Surprised no-one's mentioned this yet...

Maxxie

I saw this a few weeks ago and I'm surprised no-one else on here has mentioned it yet. :P

Notice anything familiar about the (flatly re-recorded) music? ;)

I think it's great. Certainly one of the best adverts on TV over here at the moment! :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't recognize the music at first - I don't have that album - but I knew it had to be Goldsmith. Then I got it.

To be fair, the film/album cue is much more powerful than this one. :P

I mentioned this in passing in another thread.

Did also take me a couple of seconds to realise what it was, and it's clearly a re-recording (Prague one? I'd be surprised if they hired a orchestra just for this advert).

Notice anything familiar about the (flatly re-recorded) music? ;)

That's a re-rec? Sounds like an edit of the OST tracks to me.

Yeah it defo a re-recording. The drums aren't quite as powerful as the OST, and some of the trumpet(?)/horn(?) notes are slightly altered, as is the ending. ;)

Weird commercial and use of music. Interesting, though.

It's a brilliant advert, inspired even.

It's on all the time at the moment, in the UK.

Well said Quint! :(

Damn, I want some of that bread!

Their bread is very nice, but then so is Kingsmill's too! ;)

Is the main guy in it well-known? I recognized him as Talbot (I think that was his name) in Band of Brothers.

Personally I've never seen him before, but I guess he could be well known! :P

No way that's Prague. If it's a re-rec, it's the best performed Goldsmith re-rec I've heard.

Dunno who's it is then but it certainly isn't the OST music, unless there's a bunch of alternates and/or different mixes that we don't know about! :mrgreen:

A new followup ad just aired this evening. In it everyone in the bread factory is gathering around to see a sad event: someone has burned a loaf and people are in tears, but only the music can be heard - Barber's Adagio for Strings.

'Tis a silly advert.

Eh, I'm not familiar with Goldsmith to know what this is, but it sounded like the First Contact theme. Not the same, but very reminiscent. I guess that it makes sense that it would be Goldsmith music then.

Speaking of commercials, has anyone noticed the car ad that has Herrmann's "The Trouble With Harry"? I can't recall what car, though...

Eh, I'm not familiar with Goldsmith to know what this is, but it sounded like the First Contact theme. Not the same, but very reminiscent. I guess that it makes sense that it would be Goldsmith music then.

Wha? You mean to tell me you don't recognize it? I recognized it when I heard the first notes. It's from Air Force One and that is DEFINITELY a re-recording.

Yes, First Contact and Air Force One are far too similar to each other, but then I've never accused Goldsmith of being overly original...

Yes, First Contact and Air Force One are far too similar to each other, but then I've never accused Goldsmith of being overly original...

Rubbish. They sound not more or less similar than lots of other Goldsmith themes from the 90s. It's just a popular fanboy myth.

US Marshals has a theme?

Is there anything but the theme in US Marshals? Goldsmith bludgeons the listener to death with that simple motif from the get-go.

I thought the commercial was quite funny, made funnier by the fact that I noticed the actor from Band of Brothers as well. Too over the top use of music but no doubt that was the intention.

Wha? You mean to tell me you don't recognize it? I recognized it when I heard the first notes. It's from Air Force One and that is DEFINITELY a re-recording.

I've never seen or heard Air Force One. Guilty as charged. I never got into Goldsmith. I feel like I should love him, but his scores never interested me