What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I switch back and forth between Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2. I like to have a variety of games instead of just playing one all the time. I like to buy every Call of Duty game that comes out to see how much better the new one is compared to the old.

Is that what you call a variety of games? It's pretty much the same thing, online FPS deathmatches with different maps . Do you play any other games besides those 2?

Bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Uncharted 2 for 20$ each yesterday.

WoW is the only online game that ever tempted me.

But then you have to pay for it every month, and I'd probably get tired of it after a while. Again you run into the same problem, competing against addicted players that practically live in it and have god like character builds

Is that what you call a variety of games? It's pretty much the same thing, online FPS deathmatches with different maps . Do you play any other games besides those 2?

Bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Uncharted 2 for 20$ each yesterday.

Each COD has been the same game with different maps. It's the FPS equivalent of Madden, and it has the same problems as Madden: no competition. It is #1, it cannot be beat, and therefore the developers have no reason to step up their game with each passing year.

Did you play the first Uncharted yet? Both games are superb. Nice to see you venturing out of the RPGs.

WoW is the only online game that ever tempted me.

But then you have to pay for it every month, and I'd probably get tired of it after a while. Again you run into the same problem, competing against addicted players that practically live in it and have god like character builds

I agree... but after playing for so long and able to have one of those god-like characters, really does change things a bit. There isn't constant PVP like most online games I've played (COD, ETC), but a sense of the stronger you are the more you can do. THe more you can do, the stronger you'll become.

And regardless of the monthly fee ($15) I have found myself playing constant for a few months, and then not playing for a month or so at a time. I know, waste of money. But to know that that distraction is always there, always available, and that there is always something to do.... always brings me back.

I actually want to try that, and the Star Wars MMORPG that is coming out, but they don't work on macs. :( Only if I install Windows on it, which I'm not about to do.

So apparently there are some serious issues with the Honest Hearts add-on for New Vegas. Obsidian said that it will not work with game saves that have done a certain quest or something like that.

The quest wasn't popping up for me so what I'm trying now is deleting all game data and reinstalling everything, that has worked for some people.

EDIT

Success!

Well, this week sees the highlight of the gaming year with the annual E3 Expo and if you're anything like me you'll be like an excited child on Christmas Eve!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-06-eurogamer-at-e3-2011-preview

Can't wait to get home tonight and check out that Halo trailer oh yes!

So what announcements are you guys looking forward to?

I expect that I'll be babbling like an idiot drunk next week if Duke Nukem Forever is actually released, and it's not been just one ongoing prank for the last year or so out of the 12 it's been in the works. Hell, I may even take next Tuesday off.

I'm not available on Tuesdays for that reason. He he he he. Get to play/watch all the new releases.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's going on with The Last Guardian and the HD collection of ICO and Shadows Of The Colossus. Hope we'll get a release date this year.

Of course more of Uncharted 3 and Skyrim too.

Tomb Raider demo looked great.

Can't wait for the stuff on UC3.

I think Nintendo is gonna steal the show though, I guess a new console can do that.

On all the new Kinect games---I don't have a Kinect, don't want or need one, I'm impressed by the technology, but it's just not something I enjoy. Now with a group of friends with beer, yeah sure, why not.

Live TV on Xbox?? Yes please.

So apparently there are some serious issues with the Honest Hearts add-on for New Vegas. Obsidian said that it will not work with game saves that have done a certain quest or something like that.

The quest wasn't popping up for me so what I'm trying now is deleting all game data and reinstalling everything, that has worked for some people.

EDIT

Success!

that's why I wait several months after they release a game to play it . New Vegas had a lot of bugs...now it should be pretty decently patched once I get the update

Might nnot be that patient with Skyrim

On all the new Kinect games---I don't have a Kinect, don't want or need one, I'm impressed by the technology, but it's just not something I enjoy. Now with a group of friends with beer, yeah sure, why not.

Fuck Kinect. Who the fuck plays that? I don't want to be flailing my arms in front of the TV to play games.

Fuck Kinect. Who the fuck plays that? I don't want to [insert action here] to play games.

I am sure people thought the same with the advent of the controller.

"I'll stick with my Atari joystick thank you!"

KM fears change. And anything without stats, levelling and loot.

As for Kinect, well my one collects dust. I've been waiting for the second wave of titles/innovations to see if it's worth keeping hold of. Today's demonstrations were promising; though for largely non-game reasons.

Fuck Kinect. Who the fuck plays that? I don't want to be flailing my arms in front of the TV to play games.

I have it. And I love it. It's fun for parties, but thats the only time I use it. Because it is incredibly picky with where you are placed, so that means I have to drag my couch to the other side of the room so I can back up those extra 2 1/2 feet closer to the back wall.

I've been playing Record of Agarest War for what seems forever and the game says I'm only 25% through.

I boosted one of my stats to the end of the bar at "100", then found out it starts over again and you can raise your stats to 1000 before the game ends .I thought I was already all powerful

Just bought Dragon age origins ultimate edition (game + expansion + DLCs) and Batman Arkham asylum (6 GBPs on amazon.uk!) any suggestions for them? specially the former just in case i miss some interesting hidden side quest.

Well missing side quests is always a tricky thing. Sometimes they become unavailable if you progress in the game or chose the wrong dialogue options

There's no way to do all of them in Dragon Age Origins

Batman: AA is modern classic. A masterpiece.

You don't need any tips.

Hey KM, I'm surprised you haven't ever played it. It's better than God of War.

Well missing side quests is always a tricky thing. Sometimes they become unavailable if you progress in the game or chose the wrong dialogue options

any side quest i should not miss?

inFAMOUS 2

Superb. I found the first game to be quite average but enjoyable. This sequel takes it to a whole new level. A much more engaging story and characters. I thought I'd be bothered by the new look and voice actor for Cole, but it's been so long since I've played the first that I got used to it very quickly.

The good/evil decisions aren't so clear cut anymore. Well, they are, but Cole doesn't stop in the middle of the game and think aloud about it. It all ties back to the improved story. They have real cutscenes, a much needed addition, alongside the signature comic book cutscenes. A good balance that keeps you interested. The gameplay mechanics are pretty much the same, but the powers are soooo cool and more varied to allow for a less repetitive gameplay. Very good graphics and a great interactive environment.

Oh, and there are some sweet boss fights. I'm almost done with my first playthrough, can't wait to start over and be evil.

I played a few moments of that at a Best Buy the other day. I tried to zap pedestrians with my hand lightning, but when they didn't die, I got disgusted and walked away. That, and I thought that if people saw me trying to just kill innocent bystanders in a video game, they might ask me to leave the store.

That's because you're playing it standing up at a crappy Best Buy kiosk. :P

I didn't realize I was on the last mission, and beat the game tonight. Superb ending. The more I think about the game, the more I love it. It's great that they have a clear cut ending. Big franchises these days just try to keep going on and on as long as possible, cliffhanger ending after cliffhanger ending. The end of the first game lets you know the story is only half over, and this game finishes it.

Or you could do it the way of Uncharted, and have each game be a concise story. I've lost hope for Killzone and we'll see about Resistance. Seems like "the war has just begun" is the end for each installment.

Infamous also has a very unique soundscape, with a pretty damn good score, especially considering it was composed by like 15 people.

any side quest i should not miss?

Played it 2 years ago...don't remember those details. Just remember to go to every city even if you don't have to in the main quest right away and talk to all the NPC's and try to end conversations in different ways . Also you need to talk to your party members at camp to get their quests (I think they have to like you enough, so the right gifts to the right party members increases friendship +++...you may have to "cheat" and consult a guide for the gift list)

I see no problems in consulting items/armor/weapons lists online when playing an RPG. I think it actually adds to the fun

I also liked to check out different outcomes in various places in the game. Like making the other party members freak out at your choices and start attacking you (Leliana and the sacred ashes of Andraste at some point)

I finally reached and beat the final boss in Record of Agarest War, after another month of grinding levels and forging weapons and accessories.

You know what's starting to annoy me in JRPG's? It seems most games have a "true end". Meaning if you don't play the game in some exact counter intuitive sequence (you need to buy or read a guide), you don't get the full end cut scenes or access to post game material. In this case I didn't get the bonus post-game areas at all.

I completed inFAMOUS 2 100% the other day. Game Of The Year so far. Incredible, powerful story, with a great and unique score to boot. Can't wait to get The Blue Soundtrack.

Still waiting on Red Faction: Armageddon, will try and find Duke Nukem Forever for a good price, and will probably pick up The Sly Collection. Been meaning to play those for awhile.

EDIT

Just found Duke for $40 brand new. Sold!

Just read the Dungeon Siege 3 review. Game takes only 12 hours to complete...I guess I'll be looking for in the used discount bin next year

Leaves me 3 new releases to buy this year:

The Witcher 2

Elder Scrolls V

Dark Souls

I have plenty of other stuff stacked up in the meantime