Super 8 by Michael Giacchino

TownerFan

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the descending four-note motif heard in Train of Thought, Looking For Lucy, Siege, etc. Sorry about that.

Is a cue analysis in the works? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at one if no one else is interested.

I'm about to post it... was just trying to figure out what to say about that theme before I did.

Short version: I compared the entire OST to the blu ray, and the OST is complete and chronological with the exception of the film version of We'll Fix It In Post-Haste, and the Air Force Train Cars mp3 that turned up

At the end of diner scene (when the boys are talking about the train) sounds an unknown segment of six seconds before Circle Gets The Cube.

I'm about to post it... was just trying to figure out what to say about that theme before I did.

Short version: I compared the entire OST to the blu ray, and the OST is complete and chronological with the exception of the film version of We'll Fix It In Post-Haste, and the Air Force Train Cars mp3 that turned up

Gotcha. Honestly, I don't think that's a theme as much as it's an ostinato underneath that descending motif I mentioned earlier.

EDIT: Stand corrected again, it does play like another motif. I think indy4's got a point, it's a variation of the alien theme.

So how many themes are there? The love theme, family theme, alien theme, military theme,

What about this one (0:18)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYrRiE-k8wI

Which appears also elsewhere (0:09).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESnmFsgK40

I'm sure it appears also elsewhere. What does that represent?

Karol

• 2 months later...