All 3 Lord Of The Rings Extended Edition films being shown in AMC Theaters this month

Jay

I JUST found out about it or I would have posted sooner!

http://www.amctheatres.com/LordoftheRings/

Anyone gonna go?

I've actually seen FOTR:EE and TTT:EE projected theatrically, but never ROTK:EE. I might trek out for that.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some speculation that it could be extended even further than was seen on the DVD's (if this is the same post I saw earlier)

There is some speculation that it could be extended even further than was seen on the DVD's (if this is the same post I saw earlier)

I ordered the extended version on blu... I actually think I'll enjoy it more that way - particularly since FOTR has a new transfer.

Yea, FOTR is the best film, and best EE (and best score). I wish I had known earlier, I totally would have gone.

I realized I can't see ROTK cause I have a concert tickets for Fitz and the Tantrums the same night (Blah!), so there's almost no reason to go see TTT. Oh well.

Hopefully AMC does this again sometime, like maybe next year around when The Hobbit will be coming out

There is a theater here in NNJ, the Garden State Plaza AMC 16, that is showing TTT this Tues at 7pm, and ROTK next Tues at 7pm. If anyone is interested. I am thinking of going to the ROTK, but it is clocked at 4hrs 25mins. Am I missing something?

TTT

http://www.fandango.com/amcgardenstate16_aaujg/theaterpage?date=6/21/2011

ROTK

http://www.fandango.com/amcgardenstate16_aaujg/theaterpage?date=6/28/2011

If anyone is interested. I am thinking of going to the ROTK, but it is clocked at 4hrs 25mins. Am I missing something?

That sounds about right. The movie is 4 hours and the credits are 20 minutes long.

Theatrical showings of the Extended Editions do NOT include the fan-club end credits, just the standard credits. So it should be about 4 hours, 11 minutes.

Eegads. I don't remember it being that long.

I'd go see TTT, but as I just saw it in NYC w/ live orchestra I'm not so sure I want to sit through it again. It isn't my favorite LOTR movie. But ROTK.... I might have to see this. Forgot how damn long it was though!

Went to see Super 8 again this weekend and I saw a poster for these! I'm gonna pass because I already missed FOTR, although would be nice to see ROTK ---I just wish these were playing in December, bring me back to when I first saw them.