3:08 in The Pursuit of the Falcon

Marian Schedenig

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already said that elsewhere but my first reaction was: "Where does he get so much energy from? He's 80!".

Karol

My first reaction was of gratitude that John Williams still graces this world with his music. I was grinning happily through every track because of the energy, orchestral mastery and power of the music that sounds so effortless and inspiring.

He's no mere mortal, remember.

Seriously though, Tintin has for me reaffirmed his status a giant among men and I worship at his alter. How he still finds within his soul creativity and imagination is profoundly inspiring.

Indeed. He is truly an inspiration and a musical marvel.

I always say...if the world has to come to a certain point, where John Williams passes on.....he will be the one person/celebrity, I most likely would cry about and think its the end of the world. Those Michael Jackson and Elvis people would have nothing on me that day.

While we're at pointing out cool moments in the score: I always really enjoy the few "synchronized" sword hits of Sir Francis at 3:35 in track 7 :) (seems like a Golden Age-y swashbuckling thing that isn't done much anymore, except in animated movies for slapstick reasons)

Totally agree. The grandest moment in the score IMO.

And the way it launches into the Unicorn theme after that is pure Williams magic.... I've been waiting years to hear something like this.

I nominate Williams for Pirates Of The Caribbean 5.

Maybe track Williams into it. If they track practically an entire movie - at least that's what PotC 4 felt like - then you may as well use John Williams.

if rob marshall couldnt do it... (he hired michael kahn as assistant editor no less). i doubt they would.

its not the kind of film williams is interested anyway :P

And we dont want him involved in that franchise...

Now, if spielberg makes pirate latitudes.... ;)

The last Pirate was nothing more than a joke of a score, I thought HP with hooper was the point when film music hit rock bottom. Well...I was wrong.

if rob marshall couldnt do it... (he hired michael kahn as assistant editor no less). i doubt they would.

its not the kind of film williams is interested anyway :P

And we dont want him involved in that franchise...

Now, if spielberg makes pirate latitudes.... ;)

I have to admit, it would be fun to hear it though

The last Pirate was nothing more than a joke of a score, I thought HP with hooper was the point when film music hit rock bottom.

Wow. Don't you think that's a bit strong? You may not like Hooper's HP scores, but come on, they are nowhere near half as bad as most MV composers scores (Ever heard of that Djawadi dude?)

I agree with Salacius.

Half-Blood Prince made me lose more faith in film scores than all RC scores that year combined.

Hooper is worse than Remote Control. He is just as simplistic, but not half as entertaining. And you'd think trampling on JW's legacy was enough of a burden.

I agree. Hell, I prefer Hooper's OOTP score to Desplat's stuff. I like the Dumbledore's army motif. Desplat sounded more RCP to me (top of my head, see: Voldemort with the wand, end of Part I). Hooper's HBP music was mostly just, well, boring.