The JWFan Office Pool 2012: When will HOOK sell out?

Jay

I said puppy Josh. That one looks at least 2 years old. Pay attention man! :nono:

So?

I think my dog expresses Schadenfreude just as well, if not better!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good enough. Puppies! I demand puppies with my Schadenfreude!

so this overrated score still hasn't sold out. Why not? It's the greatest thing since sliced bread, since the tire.

it's the greatest score ever, EVER, EVER!

the about statement in hyperbole quint!

I said puppy Josh. That one looks at least 2 years old. Pay attention man! :nono:

So?

I think my dog expresses Schadenfreude just as well, if not better!

It's not a puppy, period.

Case closed by Dr. Skywalker, chief veterinarian of Jwfan. :P

Not sure if this helps keep track of how many are sold so far, but I received mine yesterday on order 49623. Just ordered it last week, so I was a little nervous about them already being sold out.

I wonder at what point LLL puts up the LOW ALERT notice!

When only 500 are left? More? Less?

They won't put up an official low quantity alert until there are less than 100 copies remaining. But MV could give an update before then, you never know

Honestly since they haven't given any updates since the 3700 sold in 24 hours one, I have to think this will be in print for a long, long time, possibly until their license expires. Bloodboal will likely win the contest

I wonder at what point LLL puts up the LOW ALERT notice!

When only 500 are left? More? Less?

They won't put up an official low quantity alert until there are less than 100 copies remaining. But MV could give an update before then, you never know

Honestly since they haven't given any updates since the 3700 sold in 24 hours one, I have to think this will be in print for a long, long time, possibly until their license expires. Bloodboal will likely win the contest

TennisBallKid, you mean. Unless 'derp, derp, derp' is code for some specific date that only some of you know.

Bloodboal's actual guess, as seen on page 1, was that it won't sell out. Therefore, if the license expires before all copies have been sold, he wins. Otherwise TTBK does, you're right.

Oh, I think it will sell out.

It's just taking a bit longer than we all thought...

How long till the license expires, by the way?

Depends! Usually they are for either 2, 3, or 5 years, or until the title sells out, whichever happens first.

What I don't know if its from the date they signed the contract, or from the date the first unit went on sale....

We've been through this before! If you wish to be reminded why they suck, just reread A Whirl Through Snowy’s Anatomy section here. Or ask Lukey (because apparently, he has been appointed chief veterinarian by himself).

Mock me, but i saw the film with some veterinarian frineds and while they commented the awesomeness of the CGI, they thought snowy moved unnaturally. :P

Depends! Usually they are for either 2, 3, or 5 years, or until the title sells out, whichever happens first.

I seriously doubt "Hook" will take 2 years to sell out. 2-4 months is my guess at this point.

What I don't know if its from the date they signed the contract, or from the date the first unit went on sale....

Well, that depends on the specific terms of the contract, I would think... there's no way of telling "how it's usually done," I bet.

I seriously doubt "Hook" will take 2 years to sell out. 2-4 months is my guess at this point.

Well, you seriously doubted Hook would take more than a month to sell out. And look where that brought you: the losers' camp! So, stop doubting, and affirm something, for once in your life!

That's why I said "at this point"!

Sometimes it pays to read everything carefully, you know.

Mock me, but i saw the film with some veterinarian frineds and while they commented the awesomeness of the CGI, they thought snowy moved unnaturally. :P

Your friends sound like real geeks or nerds or both! :P

nope, just veterinarians...

when a film makes a historical innacuracy, historians notice, when Dr. House says some error in the series, doctors notice (even i notice..).

Or in other words... everyone is a nerd of what they chose to be on life. :P

How long till the license expires, by the way?

Oh, boy! This is going to be a very long pool!

My thoughts too.

But I do think it will sell out well within that period, so TTBK is the more likely winner, I think. We'll see in a year or two! :)

nope, just veterinarians...

when a film makes a historical innacuracy, historians notice, when Dr. House says some error in the series, doctors notice (even i notice..).

Or in other words... everyone is a nerd of what they chose to be on life. :P

You have a point!

I bet the guys at the (real) Interpol were horrified at the depiction of their colleagues Thompson and Thomson... :P

Well this was obvious that first 4000 copies will sell very fast to please us maniacs but the rest

of the case will take a long time.

But I promise to buy all the albums just to block the win of the BloodyBoal....

Another one down! Three to go! Next loser: the Lying Dutchman!

If the CD sells out within its contracted time, you're still fucked, though...even if the rest of us miss. :) Then it's Tennis Balls all the way.

And if the their license does expire before it sells out, LaLa will almost certainly give some sort of notice, at which point I will just buy all their remaining stock. Jason may as well just send me that Hollywood '95 CD now!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't try to derp the derper BloodBoal. There is no such thing as low quantative alert in sight for Hook yet.