So Ridley Scott is directing a Prometheus sequel... (The official Alien: Covenant Thread)

crocodile

37 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Thor and crumbs will think it's brilliant!

No, not by today's standards, pr. the recent, poor attempts in ROGUE ONE. I'd rather they continue the timeline after no. 4 already!

Unless, of course, they do it tastefully by having her face in the shadow, obscured or otherwise not glaringly 'uncanny valley'. LOGAN solved it reasonably well.

48 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

They had Jackman wear a green mask covering his entire face (including his eyes) to make a CG face of his younger self.

Plus, he pretty much moved around in the shadows at night at the farm. In the daylight 'confrontation' scenes towards the end there were fewer close-ups.  Plus, he only did about 15 years of de-aging, as opposed to Weaver, who will need...what....40?

I still can't get excited for Alien: Covenant. Still, they're doing a limited re-release of the original Alien to promote the upcoming new movie, so I'm excited to see that on the big screen soon. Hurray!

1 hour ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I still can't get excited for Alien: Covenant. Still, they're doing a limited re-release of the original Alien to promote the upcoming new movie, so I'm excited to see that on the big screen soon. Hurray!

I saw it on the big screen (and it was really big)  when I was 15.

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

They had Jackman wear a green mask covering his entire face (including his eyes) to make a CG face of his younger self.

I wish he'd have worn a green mask, when he made AUSTRALIA. It might have made the film a bit more interesting.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

I wonder where Vue will put the intermission? Perhaps in the middle of the "looking for Jonesy" scene?

I considered watching it at Pathé, just to see it without an intermission.

But I can watch it at Vue for free and I'm a cheap bastard, so...

2 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

But is it an actual 35mm print, or is the theater just projected the blu ray?

Doubtful it will be a 35mm print.

Why not a 2k digital version, Jason?

30 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I considered watching it at Pathé, just to see it without an intermission.

But I can watch it at Vue for free and I'm a cheap bastard, so...

And you can get extra popcorn!

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Why not a 2k digital version, Jason?

Sometimes the companies that do these retro screenings literally just project the blu ray.

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

But is it an actual 35mm print, or is the theater just projected the blu ray?

Not a chance it'll be 35mm. I don't think that cinema even has 35mm projectors.

It'll probably be a DCP, but it'll do. I'm going to see it on a big screen in a darkened room with an audience, so it's good enough.

I also don't know if it'll be the original cut or the special edition. Either one is fine by me.

41 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I've seen 1080 projected on a big screen before and it looks fine. 

A 2K DCP isn't even that far off in resolution.

The difference with simply projecting a Bluray of course is the color space and the larger dynamic range that DCP offers.

Also, projecting the Bluray might present some problems for subtitle placement on a cinema screen.

Yes, I assume most digital projections are 2K or 4K masters the studio has ready to go (that we the source of the blu rays / 4K Blu Rays)

I haven't been following this much but I'm guessing you still haven't seen Prometheus and don't plan to see this movie either even if your the main poster in these Alien treads

1 hour ago, king mark said:

I haven't been following this much but I'm guessing you still haven't seen Prometheus and don't plan to see this movie either even if your the main poster in these Alien treads

Do a post count, KM. I'm not the main poster here. Did you assume that I didn't see Prometheus because I think there's probably a 4K theatrical version of Alien? Because it was at that moment when you decided to respond.

1 hour ago, king mark said:

well, because when I stopped reading the Prometheus thread around page 100 he still was procrastinating about seeing it

The trailer was good. Then the movie came out ...

This thread only counts 36 pages. Don't lie, KM. The Star Wars crowd should be above that.

Alex being antagonistic towards King Mark for no reason?

8 hours ago, king mark said:

well, because when I stopped reading the Prometheus thread around page 100 he still was procrastinating about seeing it

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Do a post count, KM. I'm not the main poster here. Did you assume that I didn't see Prometheus because I think there's probably a 4K theatrical version of Alien? Because it was at that moment when you decided to respond.

The trailer was good. Then the movie came out ...

This thread only counts 36 pages. Don't lie, KM. The Star Wars crowd should be above that.

"The Prometheus Thread" =/= "this thread"

Is anyone planning to go to the cinema to watch ALIEN (DC)

+PROMETHEUS+ALIEN COVENANT?

I'd like to, but, as with a lot of things right now, it depends on my finances.

Personally, I'm waiting for BLADE RUNNER+BLADE RUNNER 2049...in IMAX.