The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Kendal_Ozzel

Looks exactly like the first movie, for better and for worse

Wrong, the new one isnt 16:9!

I mean to say that all those shots could belong to the first movie. They even have a fight in the middle of a forest at night, like the first. There's hardly any variation, judging by the trailers

My guess is that they'll announce who Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini are playing.

Or maybe who's the new Spider-Man in Civil War.

Looks like the white letters in each tweet are the name of the tweeter (I see Robert, America, Jimmy)

Yeah, but after a 2.5+ hour action movie and a Diet Coke the size of my head, having to wait around for 5-10 minutes of credits for residual nuggets of a movie makes a big difference

You are allowed to return to the theater after peeing, you know.

True, but if I had a 2L soda, I won't be back into the theater until halfway through the next showing.

Especially Diet Coke, its all chemicals, nothing natural in that

I like it! And if I end up with a brain tumor, that's how it goerrgsg.

I smuggle in my own beverages and food into the movies, if I don't simply eat all I need beforehand.

Is it against state or federal law? No. Is it against the posted rules of the movie theater? Depends on the theater.

When I saw Jupiter Ascending, I smuggled in a turkey sub from the sub shop in the same plaza, but bought a Starbucks Ice Coffee from the theater's concession stand.

I used to manage a (chain) theater. Ticket prices and concession prices were dictated by the home office, but the main reason food costs are so high is that film companies take virtually all the proceeds of ticket sales. It wasn't always that way - back when movies would stay in a theater for over a month - because the percentage that studios take reduces the longer a film is out. That's how second-run theaters can exist with cheaper ticket and food prices - they make much more favorable percentages on ticket sales.

The cost of movie food - popcorn and soda especially - is still awful. The popcorn comes in 35-lb bags of kernels that are bought wholesale for a ridiculously low rate, to the point that maybe a popper-ful costs maybe a buck and that popper can fill 5-10 $7 large popcorns. Same with soda syrup, although the margins aren't quite as nice as popcorn. Those profits pay for the rent, the electricity, the employees' hourly or salary wages, the night time cleaning crew, supplies, super-expensive Xenon bulbs for the projectors, theater/projector maintenance, etc.

My theater let people bring in outside food with the hopes that they would at least pick up after themselves. We probably would roll our eyes if you specifically brought in, like, a big thing of popcorn, but we encouraged you to support the local businesses (pizza shop, ice cream shop, sub shop, burger place, etc). As a result, we fostered a good amount of regular business, with customers who were friendly to our staff.

That is a huge cast!

Yeah, this movie just seems awfully cluttered.

The movie is 2 hours 42 minutes long. I'm sure all the characters get adequate screen time.

I think a lot of these characters will have just a few lines at most though. And unlike Batman v Superman, most of them are already established in other films.

Ultron, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver will be the only characters apart from The Avengers with significant exposure, I think.

But that's still a big ensemble cast.

Wow, that was fast. The source article I linked to has already removed the info. Guess that confirms it was real.