Failed and/or awkward scoring choices

Sandor

I don't mind strange scoring in Minority Report because the film itself is not serious at all.

Karol

Yeah plus in my book film noir has to be a bit quirky and odd. And Peter Stormare alone was enough to guarantee that. ;)

MINORITY REPORT for all its flaws is a far superior film to BLADE RUNNER.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo...... interesting comments.

:sleepy:

Really Steef, you disappoint me. Your humor is usually funny and not a failed attempt at trying to bait me.

Actually it's more along the line of perplexed and bewildered.

But seriously I'm curious about Prometheus' comments.

No I don't take it personal, if I did you would no longer be friended on Facebook.

And I'd tell you, Joey and anyone else to f*ck off.

MINORITY REPORT for all its flaws is a far superior film to BLADE RUNNER.

As a story, I would agree there. (well, i would call it much more interesting)

Whenever I try to watch Blade Runner I am bored by the story..

As aesthetics and visuals? Of course not..

Blade Runner is outstanding!

Oh, imagine John Williams having scored Blade Runner!!!

Personally, Blade Runner's story, with its question about life and death and what it means to be human is so much more interesting to me than that crime flick and the thought that it would have an orchestral score by Williams or anybody else simply scares me.

Alex

Blade Runner has a plot and a very effective one.

When I saw it I was surprised. I was expecting a sort of slow, cerebral, complex film. When Deckard enters the building looking for Batty I was like "...this is it?" but I was enjoying it so much that I didn't care (and after the film I just felt weird and dreamy for a while). I think it works. Not everything has to have some sort of complex conspiracy in it. Sometimes we just want to go to places.

Blade Runner has a plot and a very effective one.

When I saw it I was surprised. I was expecting a sort of slow, cerebral, complex film. When Deckard enters the building looking for Batty I was like "...this is it?" but I was enjoying it so much that I didn't care (and after the film I just felt weird and dreamy for a while). I think it works. Not everything has to have some sort of complex conspiracy in it. Sometimes we just want to go to places.

Yes, it has a plot although it not a very plot-driven movie. The plot seems to be merely a bonus to the rest, which is more than "going to places". Heck, it wouldn't be much if it was just that.

I don't mind strange scoring in Minority Report because the film itself is not serious at all.

Karol

This. It has the Spielberg blockbuster stamp all over it. The way the family pushes away from the dinner table during the jetpack escape, the way the exhaust starts cooking some burgers, chasing the eyeballs, being scanned in the mall as some man shopping for women's clothing, etc. It goes on and on. And as Incanus said, the ultimate one: Peter Stormare.

It's one of the few Spielberg action flicks that I actually enjoy.

This scene from ET I think would have been better without music, although I wouldn't call the cue awkward or a failure: