TPM film Augie's Great Municipal band.

Luke Skywalker

Now i have seen the light, the Cd versions and film one are different. Has anyone tried to rip them out of the DVD? it should not have alot of Voice and sound, right?

Well if anybody would be gentle to rip it (including the end credits please) tell me :thumbup:

Thanks in advance ROTFLMAO

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some observations...

The film version of the cue is the same recording as the CD, just mixed differently. The children's choir is mixed out from 0:07-0:19, and there are some additional vocals mixed in from 0:47-1:00.

All of the children's giggling is mixed out in the film version.

I guess to not make it as much of a kids movie as some thought.

Actually, with the giggling it really makes that cue very morbid.

Yeah, it's not great, but I like it. But as far as I remember, the album version is better for pure listening than the film version; I remember that being rather disjointed.

Marian - who thinks Luke should listen to Philip Glass' Powaqqatsi.

The film version is different?? REALLY?? Never realized this,

Yes, it's different, which makes its abscence on the "Ulitmate Edition" a mystery, since everything else on that album seems to be the film version.

Neil

Hurrah!  A Philip Glass fan!  Have you heard Naqoyqatsi yet Marian?

No, still haven't. I've read good but not great things about it, and I'm a bit short on money, so it doesn't have highest priority right now. But I'll certainly get it eventually. :shakehead:

I edited that part out of the c.d. version and it sounds much better.Try it out

K.M.

• 2 weeks later...
Was the debate over whether or not Augie's Great Municipal Band is the Emperor's theme ever resolved?

~Harry, curious

No, and thanks for bringing it back up. :spiny:

Neil

Was the debate over whether or not Augie's Great Municipal Band is the Emperor's theme ever resolved?

~Harry, curious

No, and thanks for bringing it back up. :P

Neil

Hehehe. That's what I'm here for. :)

~Harry :P

~Harry, curious

No, and thanks for bringing it back up. :P

Neil

Hehehe. That's what I'm here for. :)

~Harry :P

Dammit Potter!!!

250 points are now deducted from your Hogwartz SCORE!!!!

As long as you do not have posters of Lucas hanging in your bedroom wall then i tink you are OK.

I used to have a huge poster of Jar Jar Binks hanging on my wall.

Don't worry it's stuffed in the closet now. :(

Justin -Who might burn that pic along with his Jar Jar action figure. :)

Luke I don't have TPM DVD and I wouldn't know how to rip it anyway.

Justin -Who didn't know there was a diffrence in the album and film versions on that cue.

Audio rippers for DVD and CD-ROM are on my "want" list.

Another ways to get music from discs without "ripping":

If your computer has an analog input and a .wav recorder/editor, you can output the audio from your DVD player. Also, if your DVD player has a 6-channel analog output, you can experiment with what audio your getting from what channels and use the best combination, most likely the front and/or back left and right channels (not the center or sub). You'll need the right cords and adapters to do so.

I'm about to start making my own TPM soundtrack. It's a REALLY big task to do right, but I have the sources, the time, the talent, and Cool Edit 2000.

Wish me luck!

I'm about to start making my own TPM soundtrack.  It's a REALLY big task to do right, but I have the sources, the time, the talent, and Cool Edit 2000.

Wish me luck!

Good luck,most veterans went through this "rite of passage" a few years ago.

K.M.

I'm already running into problems...

How do I convert the .imc files on TPM CD-ROM disc to .wav?

I saw elvisjones' site but was unable to download the SCUMM program - the site given does not exist anymore. The site that looks like it has it requires a password (I registered and it still doesn't let me download it). Can I get the program anywhere else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

~Harry, curious

According to Ken Wannberg, it's pure nonsense.

I asked him very directly about it during an interview and he got a big laugh about it.

And the only person who knows this score was well as him is John Williams.

Next Subject.

Ford A. Thaxton

~Harry, curious

I asked him very directly about it during an interview and he got a big laugh about it.

Next Subject.

Ford A. Thaxton

I doubt he needs to know what every part of the score means in order for him to do his job.

Next Subject.  

Ford A. Thaxton

Ah, good ol' Ford Thaxton swooping in, giving an answer and acting like he runs the place by saying "next subject." Classic Thaxton! :roll:

Justin it is very different pay attention and you will want it (if you like it of course)

That just sounded ............. weird! :mrgreen:

Well i'll repeat it:

Justin, it is very different. Pay attention and you will want it (if you like it, of course).

Luke, who doesnt know what did the wicked mind of Rogue.Leader had in mind :?

Heh Heh I was just fooling around Luke. Don't know what sort of crazy thoughts were running through the inner-wrokings of my cerebral-structure that day. :)

Anyway don't take it personally.

I was probably just feeling the pull of the dark side. :)

I found SCUMM Revisted and will be on my way to making my perfect TPM soundtrack.

So far, I've made improved E.T., Last Crusade, Jurassic Park, and Raiders soundtracks. After TPM, I will be finishing Hook, which I started a few months ago.

OH DAMN THE SCUMM SYSTEM!!!!!

From the genius minds of "old school" Lucasarts!!!!!

Ahhh man back in the day Lucasarts was a place of genius that housed some of the greatest minds in gaming. Now, it has become a place synonamous with producing mediocre and boring games.

They still do the occasional great game. Like Jedi Outcast, and I have high hopes for the next Indy game. But yes, there was a time when every game they released was excellent, and full of fantastic new technologies. When TPM (the movie came out), they started throwing out tons of mediocre games.

Marian - who didn't buy the Grim Fandango score in time, and now it's unavailable. :)