Damon Intrabartolo RIP

movied

Reported here: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/181168-Damon-Intrabartolo-Writer-of-Pop-Musical-Bare-Dies-at-39

In the film world, he was orchestrator and arranger and conductor for many John Ottman projects.

stewart.jpg
Edit: L to R Ottman, Bryan Singer, Patrick Stewart (duh), Damon

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he did X2 and Superman Returns and both Fantastic Four movies, among others.

Strangely enough, I haven't seen this news on any film music sites, only on Broadway sites.

That's such a damn shame and yes he Ottman's conductor most of the time. In fact Damon wrote the source cue "Martha's Radio" for Superman Returns. R.I.P. Damon, you'll be missed. :(

I saw him conduct in Ubeda in 2006.

Any news regarding cause of death?

It just says sudden. It could range from something like heart attack, stroke, or even a car accident.

I always wondered what happened to him. He seemed to disappear after conducting Ottman's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer score. I thought he and John were dating and broke up, hence his lack of involvement in later years.

I saw him conduct in Ubeda in 2006.

Any news regarding cause of death?

It just says sudden. It could range from something like heart attack, stroke, or even a car accident.

I always wondered what happened to him. He seemed to disappear after conducting Ottman's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer score. I thought he and John were dating and broke up, hence his lack of involvement in later years.

Didn't know Ottman is gay.

Ottman has been out, at least for a couple of years. (I don't think he made a big deal out of it.)

Intrabartolo had been working with Ottman throughout the early phases of his career, then he seemed to just up and leave. I don't know if he was in a serious or professional relationship with Ottman, but there was most likely a falling out.

Damon just never did anything else for John after 2007. If they parted on amicable terms, I'm sure Damon would've done some arranging or conducting for John occasionally. But that didn't happen.

I thought it was out that both Singer and Ottman were gay?

Singer, yes. But I don't think Ottman made a big deal out of it.

I don't think Singer and Ottman have that kind of relationship, just a professional one from attending UCLA together. I'd liken it to the Williams/Spielberg or Burton/Elfman bonds.

It's funny how Superman Returns had an almost exclusively gay main crew - the director, both writers, production designer and a composer...

Having said the, the split with Ottman was probably purely a professional one. He was writing some musicals didn't he?

Karol

It's funny how Superman Returns had an almost exclusively gay main crew - the director, both writers, production designer and a composer...

Having said the, the split with Ottman was probably purely a professional one. He was writing some musicals didn't he?

Karol

Ottman also co-edited Superman Returns...