Kritzerland To Release Poltergeist II Complete 08-26-13

Ollie

Reverend Kane knew this release was coming, because he's smart and he's our friend, and he 'knew' ......what we were thinking.

I own the Deluxe Edition, but in all honesty it is very rarely given a play. It works well in the film. Less on its own (IMO).

They're saying on their site that it ships on the 2nd week of October. And it's not even Sept. yet. WTF? The samples aren't working for me and is causing to my computer to freeze whenever I play one..

Ahem... there was a month between from the time GNP's Insurrection shipped when they announced it and started taking orders for it.

I don't understand what the fuss is, Mr. Kimmel is letting you know when the CD is going to be ready and the opportunity to pre-order.

Varese does the same thing.

And I wouldn't sleep on this, over 1200 are gone already.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=98439&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=4&r=107#bottom

Interesting.

I knew Goldsmith and Botnick did both analog and digital for (parts of) Star Trek TMP. Didnt know that about Poltergeist II.

I always thought that "ST:TMP" was totally digital.

What were the analogue parts?

More to the point: can anyone tell the difference?

It is the actual film poster artwork.

Karol

Yeah it's the poster image with some new font for the title and byline that looks like it was typed and layered in MS photo editor. Whereas FSM was able to use the original LP artwork for its release of the first score.

Down to the last 100 or so.

According to haineshisway fromthe FSM froums.

With it being a 1500 pressing and a Goldsmith title that's a sequel to a popular horror classic. I'm not surprised this is selling fast.Though I expected it to sell out last night.

Yea, some of Kritzerland's business practices make no sense.

Really, what practices are those and how many times do you have to not understand them? It's very simple so let me explain it once again and maybe it will help you: We announce a title and take pre-orders - I put a shipping date of six weeks later - this we have done since our very first release. Has any release actually taken six weeks to ship? No. Has any release actually taken five weeks to ship? No. Four? No. Three? Once or twice due to a holiday or a hangup with our printing and/or pressing plant? Two? Frequently and most of the time. One? Several times. The day after the announcement? Several times.

But while you are continually not understanding, why don't you also not understand Varese Sarabande's business practices with their Club releases because guess what - they do exactly the same thing. So, while you don't understand our business practices let me just say that I don't understand your not understanding them. You don't have to like them, but I think a four-year-old could understand them.

Down to the last 100 or so.

According to haineshisway fromthe FSM froums.

With it being a 1500 pressing and a Goldsmith title that's a sequel to a popular horror classic. I'm not surprised this is selling fast.Though I expected it to sell out last night.

I don't think I said that - I think someone else said that. But I can tell you, it will probably be gone tomorrow.

It is the actual film poster artwork.

Karol

Yeah it's the poster image with some new font for the title and byline that looks like it was typed and layered in MS photo editor. Whereas FSM was able to use the original LP artwork for its release of the first score.

Dear Mr. Drax:

You're kind of a nutcase :) Happily you are alone in what you think of the cover - I wonder why? Perhaps you'd have enjoyed the horrid expanded Varese cover? Or the expanded Intrada cover where you can't even read the composer's name. I am happy to cancel your order, however, if you indeed did order and through us. Just give me the word.

I don't understand what the fuss is, Mr. Kimmel is letting you know when the CD is going to be ready and the opportunity to pre-order.

Varese does the same thing.

And I wouldn't sleep on this, over 1200 are gone already.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=98439&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=4&r=107#bottom

You would think this would be obvious. Thankfully, I'm glad it's obvious to you :)

I don't understand the hostility towards someone who happens to not like the cover art. It's obviously a matter of opinion and he made no insinuation that it was a reason not to buy.

I don't care if he likes the cover art or not. I care about his rudeness here and on the FSM board, where he said it looked like a bootleg cover. That is why the hostility. I look at all kinds of covers from other labels' soundtrack releases, many of which are not to my liking but I don't feel the need to go piss on them. That's just my opinion, but when someone makes with a rude comment on a public board then that comment is open for comments in return and of like content.

Yeah the cover looks like crap but whatever, I bought it for the music. When you release a product for people to buy in a true capitalistic manner, also expect that product to receive criticism, however blunt.

I've accused LLL of issuing covers that looked really dodgy and they didn't take it to heart the way you have. What the heck do you care what I think anyway? Money's money. You made a sale!

If we have learned something over the years it's that soundtrack producers usually score on 8 on the Liz-Taylor-scale of capricious diva-ness. Like Fake, who came short of threatening to abandon his label after someone rightfully complained about some dropout on PREDATOR.

It's a good thing nobody has come in here and suggested that this complete version provides an unlistenable listening experience. That would be...unheard of here.

I've seen MV Gerhardt take issue with people who have complained about LLL's artwork as well.

I'd be upset too if someone compared my work / product to some half assed illegal thing, but that's just me I guess.

I think the legality of the issue and the quality of the artwork are mutually exclusive. It's the time spent on the artwork that is at stake. Many bootleg covers can look professional if they spend the time, for aren't all fanmade custom covers essentially bootleg covers? Claiming that an official cover looks like a boot accuses the art department of not spending the time to make a really good cover, basically saying "this is the best you could do?" I can see the hurt in that, but this is the Internet, where insults are easy.

Yeah the cover looks like crap but whatever, I bought it for the music. When you release a product for people to buy in a true capitalistic manner, also expect that product to receive criticism, however blunt.

I've accused LLL of issuing covers that looked really dodgy and they didn't take it to heart the way you have. What the heck do you care what I think anyway? Money's money. You made a sale!

I don't care what you think. I care about obnoxious posts, which are open to the same kind of criticism that you hurl. What the heck do you care what I think anyway?

I've seen MV Gerhardt take issue with people who have complained about LLL's artwork as well.

I'd be upset too if someone compared my work / product to some half assed illegal thing, but that's just me I guess.

It's not just you - it's any sane person.

I was referring to Hainisway

You mean sober, reliable, gentle, salt-of-the-earth, friend-to-man Bruce Kimmel?

Sober - check. Reliable - check. Salt-of-the earth - have no idea. Friend-to-man - not all men, not all women, but most smart people who are not negative cretins, sure. It's very obvious where several members of this board fall in this assessment. Thus it has been, thus it will always be. Yeah, ban the troll, right. Do it. Do it now. Do it quickly. Everyone will be much happier.

I was referring to Hainisway

You mean sober, reliable, gentle, salt-of-the-earth, friend-to-man Bruce Kimmel?

Sober - check. Reliable - check. Salt-of-the earth - have no idea. Friend-to-man - not all men, not all women, but most smart people who are not negative cretins, sure. It's very obvious where several members of this board fall in this assessment. Thus it has been, thus it will always be. Yeah, ban the troll, right. Do it. Do it now. Do it quickly. Everyone will be much happier.

Who ever you are, you should know better then to bash long standing members for voicing their opinion. It reminds me of Ford Thaxton.

Are all you soundtrack producers touchy, delicate petals?

I would be upset if a fan is able to improve on my design with a 5-minute photoshop quickie, as happened with BAD GIRLS:

badgirlsexpanded2.jpg

jerry-goldsmith-bad-girls-cover.jpg

Now, if the music deserved the better cover is another question...

I made it simple and went with the 300 x 300.

Although I guess I can understand the rants on cover art.

I've never really cared about the artwork as long as it wasn't scribbled in crayon. The music it what matters the most.

Apparently, sometimes they're forced to use certain artwork, even if that's not something they'd do normally. I know that was the case with First Knight, for example. Oh and remember LLL's Die Hard? - that's one ugly cover. But the third score's release looks very good.

Karol

I cannot believe that UMG or whoever controls the rights demanded THIS cover. Sometimes they use a 'modernized' artwork that makes PATTON look like THE THIN RED LINE but BAD GIRLS looks like a senior citizen experimenting with default designs in MS Powerpoint.

I realized this morning I actually own the Varese Deluxe version! I had never opened it, though. I think I got it for like $5 some time last year. It's on the "to sell" pile now!

I realized this morning I actually own the Varese Deluxe version! I had never opened it, though. I think I got it for like $5 some time last year. It's on the "to sell" pile now!

Why? It sounds perfectly OK and is overlong to begin with.