What kind of TV do you own?

Koray Savas

30 minutes ago, Quintus said:

The picture on the monitor will be vastly superior though. 

It is. But we don't own a TV set because we don't need one. We very rarely watch TV, although we sometimes we get TV shows or movies on DVD.

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

It's Wojo.

Wtf. Changing names on this board should be officially prohibited. 

Boom. There you have it. He still watches TV shows, then pats himself on the back because he's one of the enlightened few that chooses not to own a TV. He has a laptop or computer. Maybe he streams on demand on his phone while pooping. Bravo, bravo. So courageous. 

4 minutes ago, I Need About Tree Fiddy said:

then pats himself on the back because he's one of the enlightened few that chooses not to own a TV. 

That's your own interpretation. I just said I don't have a TV. Again, the answer to the question posed in this thread. Didn't even bother reading the rest of your stupid rant...

Now get lost, moron! lmao

The way this place is now, i'll settle for anything. Long time to go before Ep 8.

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

It's a 1080p iTunes rip. 

But it still has that early 90's visual style. Especially after Lynch leaves.

TNG in HD, wow. I creamed my pants when I first noticed it was HD in Redemption Part II, when the Enterprise was surrounded by Klingon ships. Absolutely stunning. 

My LG LCD TV is still going strong after 5 years. I'm still happy with the picture quality because it has an IPS panel and I'd get a similar one if it broke.

i actually don't plan to replace it until it dies

• 2 weeks later...

On Panorama on BBC1 last night it was all about the benefits cap in the UK and how it was hitting hard up families in a tough way. Two of the families who participated had Sony Trinitron TVs in their living rooms, one of which was wired up to the dad's games console! You could see the front flap was down and the AV cables were hanging out of it, it looked a right state!

So this was basically confirmation to me that the Sony Trinitron television is the chosen set of the work shy and benefits scroungers. 

Bought a cheap second-hand Samsung plasma TV today. It will be here tomorrow. It's a more recent model than mine and it has a 51" screen. That's right, I gain 1 frigging inch! 

I don't own a TV at this point. I'm borrowing my brother-in-law's Philips TV. Don't even know how many inches it is (that's what SHE said!), probably 38?!

I love my new Samsung, except for the glare (the screen almost becomes a mirror during daylight) and that typical Samsung buzzing (the more white in the picture the louder the buzzing gets), the image quality is downright unbelievable. Who needs 4K and OLED? It feels like I already have it! There sure is  a big difference between the earlier and the more recent Plasma models, I can tell you that!

1333636016.jpeg

One of the components inside the TV makes a buzzing sound: "Zzzzzzzzzzz" ... You only hear it when you're behind the screen (to change a cable or something) or when there's no sound combined with a lot of white in the picture. My old Samsung had this too. 

But the image quality ... Holy cow! I no longer mourn for me ol' TV.

10 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

So Alex is praising Samsung now?

Only in the Trump era!

Samsung is dead! Long live Samsung!

To be honest, it's Plasma I'm praising, not Samsung!

The later plasmas tended to emit a faint but definite buzzing sound, especially as the screen goes to whiter, brighter colours. My Panasonic VT60 even has two fans installed in the back to cool down the components, and that makes an almost refridgerator-like sound.

4 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

The later plasmas tended to emit a faint but definite buzzing sound, especially as the screen goes to whiter, brighter colours. My Panasonic VT60 even has two fans installed in the back to cool down the components, and that makes an almost refridgerator-like sound.

Wait a minute! You have a VT60?! Isn't that a legendary TV?

tx-p65vt65b.jpg

The legendary VT60 (they still cost a 1000 Euro today)