The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Someone has to die in Avengers 2, right? I mean, it wouldn't be a Whedon film without it

If Agents Of Shield is canon then he cannot have died. Unless he transferred his living spirit into the mind of someone else before getting stabbed by Loki, but his body would have needed to be regenerated by a Genesis wave.

When Joss Whedon was writing and filming The Avengers, it was clearly his intention that he was literally and completely killing off Coulson. When Marvel offered him sacks of money to develop a TV show in which he's still alive, why would he say no?

Jeremy Renner Confirmed to Appear in Captain America: Civil War

So the film will feature Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Black Panther, and Spider-man. Why not just call it Avengers 3 and be done with it?

Why will Hulk and Thor not feature in it?

Sure but my point is even without Hulk and Thor, they could have just called this Avengers 3 instead of Captain America 3. Now poor Cap is going to be just part of an ensemble in his own "solo" movie. Will Chris Evans even be billed before Robert Downey Jr in the opening credits?

Michelle Rodriguez is in talks to play Green Lantern, Spiderman, and Bruce Jenner in his bio pic.

I saw that, isn't that nuts?

I happily saw all three LOTR EEs in the cinema in the same day and would do it again, but this is too much.

All 11 movies leading up to Age of Ultron. Crazy. With the exception of Guardians of the Galaxy, I have not seen any Phase II movies. I may do this. Except I don't want to see the 3D.

6:00pm IRON MAN

8:25pm THE INCREDIBLE HULK

10:35pm IRON MAN 2

1:00am THOR

3:10am CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER

5:30am THE AVENGERS

8:48am IRON MAN 3

11:15am THOR: THE DARK WORLD

1:45pm CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

4:20pm GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

7:00pm AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (RealD® 3D

I'd rather watch them in the comfort of my own home just before trekking out for AOU

The problem with a marathon of this sort is that all the movies aren't great classics

I attended marathons of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Lord of the Rings cause all those movies are great

For me Iron Man 1 & 2 and Captain American 1 are the ones with the most rewatch value

Captain America: Winter Soldier, of course! (minus the climax, but what else is new?)

In retrospect, Ang Lee's climax in Hulk wasn't all too shabby. It certainly was more original!

Alex

Fun fact: The Incredible Hulk was developed as a true sequel to Hulk, but Edward Norton demanded rewrites that added flashback to a different origin, cutting its ties with that first movie.

Yes, Marvel wants us to forget about this experiment, but I still remember it with fondness.

Fun fact: The Incredible Hulk was developed as a true sequel to Hulk, but Edward Norton demanded rewrites that added flashback to a different origin, cutting its ties with that first movie.

That's not what I heard!

I've told it so many times. Marvel was not happy with the results or the audience reaction to Hulk so they decided to eliminate artistic freedom. Since Hulk, Marvel has seized complete artistic control so that a film like Hulk would never repeat itself again. The result was The Incredible Hulk.

In retrospect, Ang Lee's climax in Hulk wasn't all too shabby. It certainly was more original!

Honestly, a lot of people seem to shit on this very acceptable comic book movie. I think they did a good job of making Hulk an actual character with a personality. It's certainly better than the Norton MCU entry.

Honestly, a lot of people seem to shit on this very acceptable comic book movie. I think they did a good job of making Hulk an actual character with a personality. It's certainly better than the Norton MCU entry.

I still think it's easily the best movie under the Marvel brand

Good thing Disney doesn't have Wolverine. Wouldn't be the same without him chomping on cigars

One thing I noticed about watching Cap 1 & 2 and X-Men 4 & 5 last weekend is that they swear a lot more in the X-Men films too (which is fine with me)