The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Some guy said the end credits was rather meh, so I doubt it's something with Doctor Strange. People would have went apeshit if that was the case.

That's why I said

(and the press cut didn't have it)

Some parts look weird though. Like... TV-ish.

I felt the same way about the first Avengers - something I was just reminded of by watching it yesterday.

It's all like a glorified TV show, with that amount of movies.

OK, finally saw the Ant-Man trailer. Looks... interesting. I guess it looks like it will be a lot of fun. Seems hard to take serious.

Using epic choir in the trailer wasn't a good idea

We're probably ditching the film spider logo and brick pattern and bringing in the underarm webbing and a different eye design. There's only so many ways you can do the costume otherwise.

Which is plenty of time to write, shoot, edit, and score a short cameo.

Well, a suit-only cameo anyway. Casting the right actor willing to be in these films for the next decade will take while....

You don't feel like they are rushing it by including him in Civil War in 2016 instead of just waiting for his solo movie in 2017?

Nicole Perlman (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Meg LaFavre (Pixar's Inside Out) are being paired together to write Captain Marvel for Marvel and Disney. The two women had separate pitches that impressed Kevin Feige, who opted to pair them together in hopes of getting the best results. (Rather than doing what WB is doing by having two writers turning out separate drafts for a film with the goal of mashing it together.)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-marvel-movie-targets-inside-763081

You don't feel like they are rushing it by including him in Civil War in 2016 instead of just waiting for his solo movie in 2017?

Having read Civil War I think it would be a mistake not to include Spidey if it's going to resemble the comics in any way shape or form.

Actually, the Spidey arc that addressed the issues of Civil War was pretty bad so maybe it's better if they don't.

Did people really think he was going to be anywhere in this movie, even if it was just mid or post credit? The announcement was just made a couple of months ago.

Which is plenty of time to write, shoot, edit, and score a short cameo.

Well, a suit-only cameo anyway. Casting the right actor willing to be do these films for the next decade will take while....

Yeah, it would be totally doable - for instance, the shwarama tag from the first Avengers was filmed, if I recall correctly, just a few days before the release of the film. Given a month, two months, they can definitely film and render a short tag with a costumed Spider-man. The time spent casting is the biggest stumbling block here, but a quick masked scene would avoid that issue.

If they had managed to keep the Spider-man deal silent, I think a final scene ASAP (before it leaked) would have blown people away. Since it's already out, I'd rather they take their time and add Spider-man organically to the series.

There's no guarantee the cut shown to the press last week will be 100% identical to what opens in Europe next week, and that could be different still from opens in the USA on May 1 as well.

It's not LIKELY, but its POSSIBLE.

That being said, I personally think there is no reason at all to include Spidey in Avengers 2 anyway.

There's no guarantee the cut shown to the press last week will be 100% identical to what opens in Europe next week, and that could be different still from opens in the USA on May 1 as well.

That's true, but Whedon specifically told people not to wait around until the end of the credits if they're expecting footage, so my guess would be that they won't tack anything else on.

It's pointless.

A short scene with Spidey in the middle of Civil War involving Tony or Cap would be fun, though. Like, the need to build a sense of background superpowered people for that story to work, or something like that, right?

Right.

And how the aliens' attack on NYC in the first Avengers film affected the pre-teens at the time. Maybe it will tie into why Peter Parker becomes Spidey in this universe.

Right.

And how the aliens' attack on NYC in the first Avengers film affected the pre-teens at the time. Maybe it will tie into why Peter Parker becomes Spidey in this universe.

I got me thinking that Marvel universe can never be truly coherent. It certainly isn't in the comic books where just do whatever they like.

When I was watching Daredevil last week, it seemed not to form any coherent whole with The Avengers. Yeah, they make some references to New York being destroyed and there are a couple of comments regarding Cap America, Iron Man and Thor. But that's mostly as a in-joke. It doesn't seem to gel very well with gritty and down-to-earth (relatively) world of this series in which Matt Murdock becomes a brooding vigilante to "make a difference". Even if you assume mere mortal men never get to see any superheroes, it's still a stretch.

Karol

Right.

I got me thinking that Marvel universe can never be truly coherent. It certainly isn't in the comic books where just do whatever they like.

When I was watching Daredevil last week, it seemed not to form any coherent whole with The Avengers. Yeah, they make some references to New York being destroyed and there are a couple of comments regarding Cap America, Iron Man and Thor. But that's mostly as a in-joke. It doesn't seem to gel very well with gritty and down-to-earth (relatively) world of this series in which Matt Murdock becomes a brooding vigilante to "make a difference". Even if you assume mere mortal men never get to see any superheroes, it's still a stretch.

Karol

In other words we need to stop seeing and talking bout superhero movies so they can go away.